by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 05:38:30 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: NoGrip Legacy TC Event 1: Monza Twin race  (Read 974 times)
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2019, 07:36:42 PM +0000 »

NoGrip Legacy TC Championship 2019
Monza twin race event
18th of March, 2019

Two short races on original Monza. First one on Junior layout and second one on GP layout. Let's get this thing really started. Smiley

Server info:
- Server Name: NoGrip Legacy TC Server
- Password: tc4ever

1st Race
Track: Monza Junior (Original GTL Track)
Allowed Classes: Division 1 classes.
  • under 850cc.
  • 850 - 999cc.
Qualifying: 20 minutes, starts at 20:10 GMT.
Race: Length 14 laps, starts at approx. 20:30  GMT.
Scoring:
  • Both classes score points separately. Winner of each class receives 7 points, 2nd in each class receives 6 points and so on and so forth.
  • Overall winner of the race scores additional 1 point.
  • Start in a class where driver has not started yet in this season, scores automatically 3 additional points.

2nd Race
Track: Monza GP (Original GTL Track)
Allowed Classes: Division 3 classes.
  • 1600 - 2000cc
  • over 2000cc
Qualifying: 20 minutes, starts approx 20:50 GMT.
Race: Length 14 laps.
Scoring:
  • Both classes score points separately. Winner of each class receives 7 points, 2nd in each class receives 6 points and so on and so forth.
  • Overall winner of the race scores additional 1 point.
  • Start in a class where driver has not started yet in this season, scores automatically 3 additional points.

Notes
- I Decided to run this one on original track version as there's no 1970's Junior or other short layout available. After this one, the track layouts will be more period correct.
- Championship main thread, with calendar, cars, classes and other info: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=15414.0
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 02:02:09 PM +0000 by Nappe1 » Logged

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 09:49:36 PM +0000 »

Can we use the 70's Monza layout for the 2nd race?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 07:14:45 AM +0000 »

I thought that too, but somehow it felt wrong to have modern layout and old layout in same event. Plus, it does add possibility of confusion about what is needed to download.
That's why I decided that it is easier to have this one completely on original track. Also thought racing 1970's GP layout with the small class as well, but that would take a lot of time and based on previous experiences, (as much as I love authenticy) quite boring especially to be first race of the season...

And if I remember right, this is the only one we run on original track. Rest of the races are as close as possible to 1970's layouts I have able to found. Or at least the replacements are same style as the period correct track was.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 10:12:01 AM +0000 »

I have only been racing GTL for a couple of years and still find ways to make it NOT work...ask Tony  Roll Eyes.

Would it be possible to add a link to the correct circuit download with each race post and avoid any confusion?. Just like Tony does in UKGTL. If the track to be used is one of the original default GTL tracks, then a simple message telling us that will be good too.

I would hate to discover on Monday evening that when I join the server I do not have the right track installed  Undecided
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:16:45 AM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 10:18:11 AM +0000 »

I have only been racing GTL for a couple of years and still find ways to make it NOT work...ask Tony  Roll Eyes.

Would it be possible to add a link to the correct circuit download with each race post and avoid any confusion?. Just like Tony does in UKGTL. If the track to be used is one of the original default GTL tracks, then a simple message telling us that will be good too.

I would hate to discover on Monday evening that when I join the server I do not have the right track installed  Undecided
Clive, for these first events it seems we are using the original GTL Monza tracks (Junior & GP)

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 10:28:15 AM +0000 »

I thought that too, but somehow it felt wrong to have modern layout and old layout in same event. Plus, it does add possibility of confusion about what is needed to download.
That's why I decided that it is easier to have this one completely on original track. Also thought racing 1970's GP layout with the small class as well, but that would take a lot of time and based on previous experiences, (as much as I love authenticy) quite boring especially to be first race of the season...

And if I remember right, this is the only one we run on original track. Rest of the races are as close as possible to 1970's layouts I have able to found. Or at least the replacements are same style as the period correct track was.
The Junior circuit is a 1970's track. It hasn't changed since 1959 http://racingcircuits.info/europe/italy/monza.html#.XIosnij7SUk
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:32:24 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 06:30:47 AM +0000 »

The Junior circuit is a 1970's track. It hasn't changed since 1959 http://racingcircuits.info/europe/italy/monza.html#.XIosnij7SUk

Almost correct Smiley ; The first corner shape has been changed. You can see the old corner entrance in google maps aerial shots:
https://www.google.fi/maps/place/20900+Monza,+Monza+e+Brianzan+maakunta,+Italia/@45.6210156,9.2821193,186m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4786b9a136505b87:0x11cc7d58ca00449d!8m2!3d45.5845001!4d9.2744485
This is also reported in photographs section of this site: http://www.gdecarli.it/php/circuit.php?var1=538&var2=2
Not sure when this has happened though. In GTL version it is using the new one already so probably before 2005.

The old one had very tight apex especially when it is first corner. Perhaps even more prone to accidents than the one now in place?

I might actually revert using 70's GP layout for both races... As it was the way it was ran in 1970. If I make the change, it's going to happen this evening. Otherwise it is too late for participants.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 10:16:32 AM +0000 »

I doubt anyone cares if a corner has changed. Please keep the Junior track.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 10:23:34 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 11:26:59 AM +0000 »

If you could remove that corner completely, and maybe 3 others, it would make the track much easier   Grin

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 02:14:40 PM +0000 »

I tested once more using the 70's GP layout for second race and ended up to same result as I did with my initial tests: I want to use same lap count for both races, so using 1970 GP layout for second race, would call changing the lap counts for both races and as much as I like the period correctness, I have to use the original plan for this one as there's not that much of time before monday.  Undecided So, original GTL tracks will be used.

So everything will follow as posted in race invitation.

I would hate to discover on Monday evening that when I join the server I do not have the right track installed  Undecided

Don't worry, all the needed downloads will be listed in each race invitation. The championship will use some exclusively modded tracks to implement the 2 hour races, so the track download will be mandatory in some events. I also try to make possible to have server test forehand so that everyone could test having the track correctly installed.

I added note that this time both races use original GTL tracks to race invitation, so no need for download for this one.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 09:00:00 AM +0000 by Nappe1 » Logged

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 09:34:07 AM +0000 »

Today is the race day. Smiley

EDIT:
Here's some notes to first race of the day:
- As the 850cc cars have better standing start than the 1000cc (unless you truly master these high revving screamers), be extra careful on first corner. It's not the first straight that declares the winner here, so being a patient 1000cc driver who didn't nailed the start, you have some good time on back straight to take over smaller class cars.
- The chicane after parabolica is rather narrow and while these cars are small, they are still big enough to cause some mayhem if someone spins in that chicane.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 10:12:49 AM +0000 by Nappe1 » Logged

nocatu

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 11:12:13 AM +0000 »

Is it just me or do the cars move a bit in the starting line once a gear is chosen and waiting for the start? Could that lead to a jump start?
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 11:52:04 AM +0000 »

Is it just me or do the cars move a bit in the starting line once a gear is chosen and waiting for the start? Could that lead to a jump start?

Don't think anyone had any problem at the test races, may be worth checking the operation of your clutch pedal.
nocatu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 11:54:17 AM +0000 »

Will do! I'll also assign a button for the handbrake just to be sure, thanks!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 12:18:27 PM +0000 »

Excellent fun last night & great to see such a good turn out, hope it lasts.

First race in the 850 Mini started badly when I ran wide at the first corner & spun around. Rejoined last but one & had a long chase to catch the other 850 class runners. Soon caught Dom whose Abarth seemed slower on the straights but it took a few more laps to catch Mike, Tony & Dan. Tony obligingly ran wide at T1 & let me through & I got a good run onto the back straight & drafted past Mike, Dan took a bit more effort though as his Abarth was quicker on the straights (?). Got ahead at the Parabolica but Dan came back past on the S/F straight & I just managed to outbrake him into T1. Eased away after that for 10th place & first 850.

Second race I was a bit lucky to get pole as Nocatu was well up on my time on his last qually lap but got it wrong at Ascari. Looked like it would be a close race but I opened up a couple of seconds lead on lap 1 & thereafter gradually extended it so that I was able to ease off for the last 2-3 laps.

Congrats to the podiums  clap clap clap & thanks to Nappe for organising.  thumbup2
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com