The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 01:18:11 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14LE Suzuka: March 20, 2019
March 20, 2019, 08:30:00 PM +0000 - Suzuka (GP) - UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Max .

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 2 +0.322
---
1 41:34.927
---
20 2:03.591
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 1 2:02.605
---
2 +2.119
---
20 2:03.786
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 3 +0.477
---
3 +19.784
---
20 2:03.910
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 4 +1.720
---
4 +25.629
---
20 2:05.133
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 5 +2.089
---
5 +54.912
---
20 2:05.004
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 6 +3.237
---
6 +1:02.501
---
20 2:06.302
---
Michelin  
L4de

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 8 +6.553
---
7 +1:45.156
---
20 2:07.430
---
Michelin  
KDiesel

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 9 +12:15.546
---
8 +1L
---
19 2:08.037
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 7 +6.384
---
9 +38.236
---
19 2:08.827
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
---
Michelin  
Baikal

---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC Cup Round 6 - Suzuka - Mar 20  (Read 2234 times)
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2019, 09:28:57 PM +0000 »

Was struggling to find consistent pace in all sessions as my split meter was stuck and not telling me anything so had no idea where I was losing or gaining time each lap. Hadn't realised how much I relied on it! Was anyone else's broken?

Yep, that was also a problem when we ran this track last time during the 599XX(?) series
MaxVeloce
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2019, 09:29:26 PM +0000 »

Was struggling to find consistent pace in all sessions as my split meter was stuck and not telling me anything so had no idea where I was losing or gaining time each lap. Hadn't realised how much I relied on it! Was anyone else's broken?

Here too, telemetry was gone also, that was bigger problem for me.

the track has a defective timing marker and it does that to everyone...
MaxVeloce
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 10:10:58 PM +0000 »

don't try this at home  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACF0D6ss2vE

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2019, 10:20:16 PM +0000 »

Nice You Tube clip, but could you give a mention for Simracing.org.uk if you do any more, please  I Am Not Worthy

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

MaxVeloce
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2019, 10:21:46 PM +0000 »

if you click the "show more" in the description there is a link back here, and its added as a tag  Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2019, 10:23:51 PM +0000 »

Oddly, Suzuka is one of the few where my telemetry always works.
It's very rare I can monitor my splits in qually normally.

As for the race, after a good start it was mine to throw away - so I did  Roll Eyes
Now I know how NSFW must have felt at Mugello Grin
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2019, 12:10:00 AM +0000 »

Unlucky... When i've woken up at night , found AC power loss at my home  Undecided
Trying to turn light on till the race start... Unsuccess .  Cry
PS. Congrats podium anyway! Can someone upload a replay?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 12:14:31 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2019, 08:48:45 AM +0000 »

ah you were missed as one of my usual sparring partners Alexey  Cry  i had a lonely race from lights to flag in 4th.

as often happens, i seemed to suddenly be 1 sec off my pre-event practise times with the same car/same setup/same fuel load  Huh  I couldnt get into the 2:03s in qual nor the 2:04's in race yet i'd been doing that regularly in practise  taz
I could tell within a couple of laps that i had too much wing as the 3 ahead pulled a gap down the long back straight and i would only close a tad in sector 1.
Good thing was i didnt make a single error the whole race and at least had the sight of nsfw a fair way up the road to let me know i wasnt a million miles off the podium pace  Smiley  Those non-practising slackers behind were miles back too sadly  Wink

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2019, 10:29:56 AM +0000 »

Your problem is that you don't join the server early enough to get your 'eye' in Mark.
I find I need a minimum of 30 mins just circulating to re-attune to these cars, hence why in practice I was just doing a very long session until 5 mins to go while max and NFSW continually improved their times with frequent shorter runs.
My qually lap was my best yet by nearly half a second, I would have no way of equaling it even with the same setup without a good session warming up on mediums..
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2019, 10:46:40 AM +0000 »

FMG please upload you replay.  Smiley

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2019, 11:04:06 AM +0000 »

Your problem is that you don't join the server early enough to get your 'eye' in Mark.
I find I need a minimum of 30 mins just circulating to re-attune to these cars, hence why in practice I was just doing a very long session until 5 mins to go while max and NFSW continually improved their times with frequent shorter runs.
My qually lap was my best yet by nearly half a second, I would have no way of equaling it even with the same setup without a good session warming up on mediums..

i totally agree but main reason for that, with the brightness from the Rift, my eyes cant cope with a 40min race plus long practise and qually without giving me pain/eye-strain by the end of the race. I'm usually really suffering the last 5 mins of the race and cant wait to tear the thing off my head.  Sad So now i try not to join until 8pm for a 15min practise before qually, which on a long track like this is only about 7 laps to try and get in the rhythm. Not ideal Cry
With the lack of close combat lately from smaller grids, i've actually started wondering if its worth the grief and poorer resolution running the Rift.
The latest Dirt Rally doesnt support it and i've found it far more relaxing using my triple screens again.
You cant beat the immersion the rift gives you though. Loved sitting on the grid and peering out my side window back at Sharks Kellogs car etc last night.  Cool
problem is i work with 3d CAD design software all day so my eyes take a pounding even before i get to the race  Cry

MaxVeloce
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2019, 11:46:48 AM +0000 »

Mark,  are you using a modified ppfilter with the rift?

it makes heck of a difference as you can compensate for the oversaturated colors and brightness. I had a rift (now on vive-pro), and without it meh, you're only getting half the goodness
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2019, 12:18:48 PM +0000 »

Been all morning trying to load the rift software,finally done after contact with Oculus and multiple attempts, hope this does not happen again, put in hours of practice for last nights race and got into the 06`s.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2019, 01:08:21 PM +0000 »

Mark,  are you using a modified ppfilter with the rift?

it makes heck of a difference as you can compensate for the oversaturated colors and brightness. I had a rift (now on vive-pro), and without it meh, you're only getting half the goodness

i think i am but been so long since i installed the Rift that i cant remember. Sounds vaguely familiar though. Got a link otherwise? How do you find the Vive-pro compared to the rift then? Assuming it was a worthy swap  Undecided

Unlucky Bob, i saw there was a notification on the Oculus menu but thought 'best ignore that on race night'  Smiley

MaxVeloce
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2019, 01:27:33 PM +0000 »

I'll send you my modded filter :-)

vive-pro vs rift - its better, the image is that bit sharper and its most noticeable when looking into the distance, its much easier to see braking points and the cars dont turn into pixelated blobs nearly so badly. Out of the box its still limited by the lenses though. It has grooved fresnel lenses which are similar to the rift and they produce far too much blurring and "god rays" from bright light sources. I got brave and within a couple of weeks of buying it I bought a samsung gear for its lenses and 3d printed some adaptors - now its wow, all that nasty blurring and godrays from the grooves in the fresnel lenses are gone, the image is much sharper and its a big improvement! Definitely a worthwhile buy if you are prepared to do the lens swap.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com