The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 04:56:49 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E6GT4 Sepang: March 28, 2019
March 28, 2019, 08:54:34 PM +0000 - Sepang - RRE Season 6 (2019) GT4
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Porsche Cayman GT4 CS MR GT4 1 +1:08.157
---
1 30:56.925
---
27 0 1:07.923
---
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
KTM X-Bow GT4 GT4 3 +1:08.653
---
2 +21.696
---
27 0 1:08.478
---
Pirelli  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
KTM X-Bow GT4 GT4
---
3 +36.286
---
27 0 1:07.989
---
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus Evora GT4 GT4 2 +1:08.231
---
4 +8L 19 0 1:08.148
---
unknown
Pirelli  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
KTM X-Bow GT4 GT4 4 +1:16.371
---
5 +20L 7 2 1:16.287
---
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT4
1:08.157
---
Eck Simpson
Qualifying
Porsche Cayman GT4 CS MRMarch 28, 2019, 08:54:34 PM +0000
E6GT4
Race Room Experience
GT4
1:07.923
---
Eck Simpson
Race
Porsche Cayman GT4 CS MRMarch 28, 2019, 08:54:34 PM +0000
E6GT4
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 6 (2019) Race Room GT4 - Sepang - Mar 28  (Read 1108 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: March 16, 2019, 10:57:05 AM +0000 »

Password: see above
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: GTR4
Track: Sepang (North)
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: OFF
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E6
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 11:23:17 AM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
frex

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 10:13:58 AM +0000 »

I guess we know which car Geoffers will be driving, but any early thoughts as to what the rest of you will be in? I find them very closely matched and not sure which to go with, but would be nice to get some variety on the grid.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 12:21:20 PM +0000 »

I will be driving a KTM. because I like it, it's slower on the straights, but is more chuckable
than the others. I thought of asking for people to declare there chosen car for the series
Any car for your 1st event, then you have to declare a car for the rest of the series.
Reason is - some cars are better at some tracks than others. I am trying to mix the tracks
so as not to give one car an obvious advantage, but that only works if we declare a car up front.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 12:21:46 PM +0000 »

I won't be able to make this one unfortunately as I'm away again. Great car/track combo....I probably would have gone with the Porsche but Lotus is very nice too.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 01:26:40 PM +0000 »

I'm not able to race this week so have not given any thought as to which car to use, I don't even know if I own any! However I do tend to stick to my car choice, and rarely change during a season, so will decide at the 1st event I can attend.

Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 02:31:22 PM +0000 »

Can't say I've done lots of laps in any, from what I remember (very little, as always), I was crap in them all. I'll take the Porker, just cause its there.

Of course, that's if my 'puter allows me to...
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 08:44:51 PM +0000 »

As i dont own any i will probably go with the Lotus.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
frex

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 10:51:56 AM +0000 »

Ok thanks for comments, and it seems all the makes will be represented. For those who have not tried them much yet be aware that the Cayman gearbox is bugged and the downshift from 3rd to 2nd will try and mess you up (should be fixed soon though). Despite that it is still probably my favourite as there is more to think about with this car. Lotus probably has the best balance between speed and handling though and will be fast anywhere. I'm a few tenths quicker now in the Cayman and Evora compared to the KTM, but a twistier track will even them up a bit more.

I thought of asking for people to declare there chosen car for the series
Any car for your 1st event, then you have to declare a car for the rest of the series.
Reason is - some cars are better at some tracks than others. I am trying to mix the tracks
so as not to give one car an obvious advantage, but that only works if we declare a car up front.

Yeah I like that idea.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 09:00:36 PM +0000 »

What a pigs ear I made of that! Embarrassed  Not paying enough attention and inadvertently pitted, had a tyre change and as the AI automatically took me into pit space and jacked up car and change all 4 wheels I expected to take me out again but got a speeding fine. After a couple of laps received a warning needed to take a drive through penalty. After AI taking over I had another tyre change and was disqualified?  Roll Eyes Huh

Advice please on RRE pit stop procedure.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 09:15:48 PM +0000 »

I liked that, these cars are great fun, and quite closely matched.
What happened Geoff? I moved over to give you some room, and then you sort
of went into the pits, then got going, then left?

And no Italians? Busy elsewhere? not to your taste?

Results will have to wait as I forgot to tell Dave we were running a new set of cars.....  Roll Eyes

@Bill I just drive in and they do their thing. The pit stop setup, as in what they do is part of the car setup
but it's pretty basic. you will have a limiter button set I expect?
In AC it's all auto, the limiter is automatic, hee, I am not sure.

I saw you spinning out of corners at some point. These cars have traction control, In the setup I sent
I have put it in a more sensible order, Don't know what you keys are for TC, but mine are Q for more. tab for less
sometimes I seem to have set it to W for more and Q for less.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 11:35:26 PM +0000 »

Yeh, after I passed you I got that confounded final corner wrong & went across the grass then overdid it on the throttle, forgetting that you have little grip after going off, spun then got going again. Later after passing Frex I messed up that final turn again & ended up hitting the end of the pit wall & took the front of the car off.

I found the car to be much trickier to drive tonight than when I had been practicing with it. In practice I had no problem flooring the throttle out of corners, the car just gripped & went, but tonight I had to be more careful on the throttle otherwise the rear lost grip & it was difficult to recover once it had gone. But I was nearly a second a lap quicker than I had managed in practice. Still was fun, just wish the Evora sounded better, mine has  much crisper tone to the exhaust.

Congrats to the podium.  clap clap clap
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 05:54:58 AM +0000 »

And no Italians? Busy elsewhere? not to your taste?

Results will have to wait as I forgot to tell Dave we were running a new set of cars.....  Roll Eyes

@Bill I just drive in and they do their thing. The pit stop setup, as in what they do is part of the car setup
but it's pretty basic. you will have a limiter button set I expect?
In AC it's all auto, the limiter is automatic, hee, I am not sure.

I saw you speak  out of corners at some point. These cars have traction control, In the setup I sent
I have put it in a more sensible order, Don't know what you keys are for TC, but mine are Q for more. tab for less
sometimes I seem to have set it to W for more and Q for less.

Thanks Matt I guessed it was auto I will have to check if my usual GTL button for pit speed limiter is setup on RRE.  I think I lifted off to let the drivers ahead of you pass and overshot the corner had to get back on track and discoed around a few times with dirty tyres and too much welly!  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

No problem with TC just think I had wellies on last night and like Geoff I screwed up the last corner sequence and inadvertently pitted!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 08:26:06 AM +0000 »

Cars exist now, so results done.
One thing... I preempted Tony's job of adding the value for tyres  Roll Eyes but found that depending on which skin you choose
you get a different tyre manufacturer. Or at least you do in the picture. No idea yet whether it's just a graphic thing
of whether there is any actual difference.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 09:37:48 AM +0000 »

I found the car to be much trickier to drive tonight than when I had been practicing with it. In practice I had no problem flooring the throttle out of corners, the car just gripped & went, but tonight I had to be more careful on the throttle otherwise the rear lost grip & it was difficult to recover once it had gone. But I was nearly a second a lap quicker than I had managed in practice.

Obvious question but did you practice with TC on and race with it off (or turned down)? I had TC at zero as cars are all quicker this way, but obviously a bit trickier out of the corners.

Fun race for me chasing Eck, well for the first 20 minutes anyway. Then I got a little squirrelly at the last corner and lost a second or two, and then pushed a bit too hard trying to make up the time and went off into the wall. Lost the front end and just hobbled to the finish after that. Great cars to drive though, a few more on the grid and these will be epic.

Congrat Eck and Matt.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 09:42:07 AM +0000 »

@Bill - make sure you have a button mapped for Pit Request. If you go into the pitlane accidentally, press it to bring up the pit menu and you can cancel your stop. Similarly, if you get a penalty press this button to confirm whether to serve it or make a regular stop. I think anyway, that's from memory..
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com