The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 12:55:25 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E6GT4 Motegi: April 18, 2019
April 18, 2019, 08:53:21 PM +0100 - Motegi (Road (full)) - RRE Season 6 (2019) GT4
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche Cayman GT4 CS MR GT4 2 +2:00.601
---
1 30:33.818
---
15 0 2:00.468
---
Pirelli  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus Evora GT4 GT4
---
2 +9.314
---
15 0 2:00.260
---
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus Evora GT4 GT4 1 +2:00.370
---
3 +14.695
---
15 0 2:00.634
---
Pirelli  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Cayman GT4 CS MR GT4 5 +2:03.074
---
4 +39.230
---
15 0 2:02.552
---
Pirelli  
picnic
 Team Shark
Lotus Evora GT4 GT4 3 +2:02.091
---
5 +11L 4 0 2:03.774
---
unknown
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
KTM X-Bow GT4 GT4 4 +2:02.807
---
6 +12L 3 0 2:03.684
---
unknown
Pirelli  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
KTM X-Bow GT4 GT4 6 +2:15.810
---
7 +15L 0 0 ---
---
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT4
2:00.370
---
Geoffers
Qualifying
Lotus Evora GT4April 18, 2019, 08:53:21 PM +0100
E6GT4
Race Room Experience
GT4
2:00.260
---
frex
Race
Lotus Evora GT4April 18, 2019, 08:53:21 PM +0100
E6GT4
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 6 (2019) Race Room GT4 - Motegi - Apr 18  (Read 1445 times)
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 05:37:15 AM +0100 »

Good news no problem logging in about 15 minutes earlier than usual. All practice and qualifying went well but the race was a disaster!  Roll Eyes I out braked myself and hit wall killing the car.  Shocked

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
frex

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2019, 09:37:01 AM +0100 »

That was the first time I've run a race with both Web HUD and Second Monitor running, but I don't think I'll try that again as the frame rate was very choppy.

Good fun, but a silly spin whilst stupidly pushing too hard on the last lap handed the lead back to GT. Shame Geoff spun early on - could have been a KC threesome for much of the race..

Congrats GT and Geoff; sorry to see others didn't finish.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 10:32:30 AM +0100 »

That was the first time I've run a race with both Web HUD and Second Monitor running, but I don't think I'll try that again as the frame rate was very choppy.

Yep that web HUD lasted about 2 minutes on my hard drive. And what is the use of having tyre pressure adjustment and temp data when we don't have IMO values......and what are the temp readings anyway? Surface, core?? Rant over  Smiley

On the plus side the Cayman felt very nice to drive even on default settings (except I had traction control off and lowest wing). Maybe the gear ratios will be better suited to other tracks in the series  Undecided

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
frex

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 11:04:30 AM +0100 »

Yep that web HUD lasted about 2 minutes on my hard drive. And what is the use of having tyre pressure adjustment and temp data when we don't have IMO values......and what are the temp readings anyway? Surface, core?? Rant over  Smiley

We do already have IMO readings in game, although not in Web HUD. However, that was just RRE's own take on the concept - there are now several other third party apps that do a similar thing, some of which do show IMO values. I'm still checking these out, but I suspect they will have a similar performance hit. I do like some of the enhanced timing screens and delta times showing for practice though - helpful to show where you're gaining and losing time - but I'll probably stick with the default HUD for races.

However I have also started to use Second Monitor, which is not a web overlay so doesn't have the same performance hit, but does show IMO readouts and a lot more besides. Detailed telemetry screens also, although haven't looked into those yet. I already have two monitors connected to my pc for other stuff, so works great for me, but you could also use a spare laptop eg if you have one.

Look in the Community Workshop on the official forum if you want to check out any of these: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?forums/community-workshop.73/
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2019, 11:13:38 AM +0100 »

Thanks Dieter  thumbup1  but I can't see the IMO data in the game, is it hidden somewhere? Also yes, that lap delta would be so useful and save so much time.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 11:14:18 AM +0100 »

I found the Cayman too tail happy when I briefly tried it. The Evora was the complete opposite in handling to the one MJ's been running in AC. The RRE one understeers so badly where as the AC one would just swap ends on me. It's been a long time since we've had such a large time differential between drivers so not sure how this will work out. Those with setup skills will just get quicker and leave me even further behind.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2019, 12:15:18 PM +0100 »

Would have been a good race if I hadn't spun early on at the 3rd gear esses, bit too eager on the power & round it went. Trouble with these modern tyres is once they start to go it is difficult to catch them, can't get the car sideways like the old stuff in GTL. Had another spin later at the same corner when chasing Mark, but that time I lost the rear going into the corner.

Congrats to Tudor & Dieter.  clap clap

I know what you mean about the understeer Pete, I improved it a bit by softening the front & stiffening the rear a little, but it still understeered quite a bit mid-corner. Will have to experiment with tyre pressures before the next race, see if that makes a difference.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2019, 12:51:24 PM +0100 »

I can make available my setups, such as they are. I found the Lotus quite well balanced, but can't remember
whether I changed anything or not.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
frex

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2019, 03:28:19 PM +0100 »

Thanks Dieter  thumbup1  but I can't see the IMO data in the game, is it hidden somewhere? Also yes, that lap delta would be so useful and save so much time.

Ok, should have explained a bit better - the game now outputs those values, but the original HUD was never designed to display them. Hence, unless they update it the only way to see them is to install a third-party app. You would think think RRE would have included those IMO values in their own app (Web HUD), but they didn't - an odd oversight imho. However other third-party HUD overlays, or other apps such as Second Monitor, will show them. Best solution would be if they update the in-game HUD so other apps aren't required, but I don't know if this is planned or not.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2019, 03:35:07 PM +0100 »

Odd to hear about the Evora understeering, as I found unless I was going way too fast into the corners the handling was pretty neutral. I can post my setup if it helps also, but I don't think I did an awful lot with it, beyond what Geoff has already mentioned.

@Pete - you did have TC turned off I assume? It's much quicker (and livelier) without it.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com