The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 03:44:30 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14LE Spa: April 03, 2019
April 03, 2019, 08:30:00 PM +0100 - Spa (2007-) - UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
nfsw55

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 1 2:20.710
---
1 40:21.122
---
17 2:21.448
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 2 +0.012
---
2 +11.176
---
17 2:22.173
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 4 +0.500
---
3 +28.875
---
17 2:22.225
---
Michelin  
Max .

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 3 +0.362
---
4 +29.499
---
17 2:22.438
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 5 +1.272
---
5 +59.562
---
17 2:23.359
---
Michelin  
KDiesel

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 10 +7.219
---
6 +1:32.391
---
17 2:25.985
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 7 +4.236
---
7 +1:33.418
---
17 2:25.131
---
Michelin  
L4de

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 8 +5.429
---
8 +1:52.253
---
17 2:26.017
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 9 +5.925
---
9 +2:27.646
---
17 2:26.678
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 11 +8.755
---
10 +1L
---
16 2:29.512
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 6 +3.566
---
11 +14L
---
3 2:25.056
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC Cup - Round 7 - Spa - Apr 3  (Read 1979 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 08:32:06 AM +0100 »

Apologies, I should have checked for errant files on the server Embarrassed We're now running the standard track and you can still connect if you have the osrw version installed.

Sorry you've lost your setups etc. Alexey. You'll probably feel I'm rubbing salt in to the wound but that's not my intention, I spend half my life preaching to people to make backups and most don't then cry when they lose something valuable. Please people remember to save backups, the more the merrier.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 09:40:48 AM +0100 »

Server side problem solved. Thanks Pete . No OSRW versions! If any of guys cant connect now- use AC steam integrity check to correct files.
OSRW version is bad because not making standalone SPA version but overwriting an original...
PS Pete yes i have many backups of my files. Many. But in this case it was PC hang when i сrop ( not copy  Sad) my AC docs  to other disk...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 09:39:43 AM +0100 »

OMG race day!  Smiley
I see fmg used softs with fuel. Is it ok for race 40 min?  Smiley
Reinstalling ac from scratch taken all my spare time yestarday. Now need to rebuild setup, when i should test race compound?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 09:42:47 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 10:05:03 AM +0100 »

yeah pipped to the post by FMG once again  taz was hoping my 2:21 would keep me top of the pile. Had to curtail my practise last night due to Rift eye glare against my tired eyes  Cry  Havent seen a time from nsfw yet either, sure to be fast here!

Love this track and the Evora suits it well  Smiley

I'm going to the Spa Classic in May, cant wait  Cool

MaxVeloce
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 10:38:51 AM +0100 »

Well I joined the server to do some practice last night but it was almost at the end of qually and the time had progressed so far the sun was very low and I had horrible fps.  Had to go offline and mess around instead  Sad
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2019, 11:20:50 AM +0100 »

Well I joined the server to do some practice last night but it was almost at the end of qually and the time had progressed so far the sun was very low and I had horrible fps.  Had to go offline and mess around instead  Sad

yeah i think the servers time settings are wrong, it seemed to be always late in the day/setting sun whenever i jumped on over the weekend. Spa gives bad sun flickers through the chain fencing combined with crap shadows so i had opted for a 3pm start and light cloud to reduce glare. Dont think Pete has swapped it over yet as he was away a few days.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 11:49:36 AM +0100 »

Well I joined the server to do some practice last night but it was almost at the end of qually and the time had progressed so far the sun was very low and I had horrible fps.  Had to go offline and mess around instead  Sad

yeah i think the servers time settings are wrong, it seemed to be always late in the day/setting sun whenever i jumped on over the weekend. Spa gives bad sun flickers through the chain fencing combined with crap shadows so i had opted for a 3pm start and light cloud to reduce glare. Dont think Pete has swapped it over yet as he was away a few days.
In the series beginning i 've posted a clean windshields files for car. Better to save health than die in virtual car cocpit  Wink :
"If any wants to clear the windshield or glareshield for better view from cockpit, paste this 2 files to skin folder of car you using. You can use both files or only one by choice. Have fun!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6znb2zjiulzeygh/Transparent%20glare%20chield%20and%20washed%20windshield%20for%20LotusEvoraGTC.rar?dl=0  "
 PS + we can ask Pete for set race time 1 hour earlier ( 14.00)  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:57:19 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2019, 12:41:36 PM +0100 »

Thanks Alexey,  I'll try those screens and see how it looks  Smiley

FPS though, some races its fine, others it isn't.  I thought I'd cracked it disabling the fancy mirrors but it seems sometimes my system is still pushed too hard and it drops fps and goes nasty, so I guess I need to tune the gfx settings a bit more. Its weird though, what works in single player even against a big field of AI can still be crap online sometimes, so its quite hard to be sure its right.  I even tried joining random public servers with big grids and even when thats right I can join one of our races and it all goes a bit cursing :-(
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2019, 01:26:22 PM +0100 »

When this happens check if your vive software is picking up the headset correctly. For the past couple of weeks I've had the rift connecting itself as a usb2 device on odd occaisions.
When this happens my head tracking and Fps go to pot.
Simply unplugging the USB and reinserting it usually does the trick (with AC closed of course).

The really odd part is that device manager sees the rift as being on usb3 still.
It might be (probably is given how bad their software is) an Oculus issue, but thought I'd mention it for incase it's actually windows related and messes up the vive also..
Otherwise turning Shadow quality right down can make a surprising difference for something that doesn't notice too badly in game.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2019, 01:34:28 PM +0100 »

OMG race day!  Smiley

The tires will survive to the end, but you'll be a sitting duck to anyone on mediums from about 15 mins to the end. If would expect the mediums to still be getting quicker at this point while fuel loads drop.
Do-able if you don't slide around much, and if you can guarantee not spinning at all. But I'm not convinced is faster than mediums over 40 mins.
Also I had a nasty accident with 5 mins to go caused by nearly dead rear tires...
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2019, 01:47:42 PM +0100 »

Sorry I did forget to update the server with the revised weather and time settings. Server now restarted with those in the 1st post ( 3PM and Light Clouds )

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2019, 02:16:38 PM +0100 »

OMG race day!  Smiley

The tires will survive to the end, but you'll be a sitting duck to anyone on mediums from about 15 mins to the end. If would expect the mediums to still be getting quicker at this point while fuel loads drop.
Do-able if you don't slide around much, and if you can guarantee not spinning at all. But I'm not convinced is faster than mediums over 40 mins.
Also I had a nasty accident with 5 mins to go caused by nearly dead rear tires...
Ok Thanks.  Smiley BTW is nothing to hide here. I've just done 2 full races on  softs and meds.  Shocked  Softs win 16 seconds . But yes it was so hard to maintain driving accuracy last 10 minutes of race...But possible!  So, will think what will be better in race event after qualy rezults. Good intriga till the end, imho  Wink   

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2019, 03:47:38 PM +0100 »

When this happens check if your vive software is picking up the headset correctly...

It might be (probably is given how bad their software is) an Oculus issue, but thought I'd mention it for incase it's actually windows related and messes up the vive also..

Well I have now identified a defnite issue with the Steam VR process window, by default its always on top and if it steals process priority my fps go to a bad place.  Just pausing the game and hitting alt+enter cures it, but thats not an option in a race.  I've now reset the Steam VR window settings to not be "always on top" and always start minimized, so we'll see if that helps

yay computers!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2019, 04:36:30 PM +0100 »

OMG race day!  Smiley

Hmm, same conclusions i came too! choices choices .... my fear is one lousy spin will knock lots of life out of the softs too. Pouhon or eau rouge will be scary on worn softs.   Undecided

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2019, 05:40:07 PM +0100 »

Eau rouge isn't too hard unless you're running very minimal rear wing and hit the kurb while offline - Pouhon on the other hand might be tricky if you try and defend in the final 10 minutes.
But I actually found the really dodgy bits to be the Esses after Pouhon and the sharp right at the bottom of the hill.

I'm going to tinker with my softs setup to try and extend the life a bit without harming speed - but am not sure it's that likely.
I'm tempted to run on Meds and let the pressure of being relentlessly caught, help anyone foolish enough to run Softs do my job for me in the closing stages Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com