The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 06:52:15 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14LE Spa: April 03, 2019
April 03, 2019, 08:30:00 PM +0100 - Spa (2007-) - UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
nfsw55

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 1 2:20.710
---
1 40:21.122
---
17 2:21.448
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 2 +0.012
---
2 +11.176
---
17 2:22.173
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 4 +0.500
---
3 +28.875
---
17 2:22.225
---
Michelin  
Max .

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 3 +0.362
---
4 +29.499
---
17 2:22.438
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 5 +1.272
---
5 +59.562
---
17 2:23.359
---
Michelin  
KDiesel

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 10 +7.219
---
6 +1:32.391
---
17 2:25.985
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 7 +4.236
---
7 +1:33.418
---
17 2:25.131
---
Michelin  
L4de

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 8 +5.429
---
8 +1:52.253
---
17 2:26.017
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 9 +5.925
---
9 +2:27.646
---
17 2:26.678
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 11 +8.755
---
10 +1L
---
16 2:29.512
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 6 +3.566
---
11 +14L
---
3 2:25.056
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC Cup - Round 7 - Spa - Apr 3  (Read 1919 times)
MaxVeloce
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2019, 05:50:48 PM +0100 »

heh, I just found a nice gain in performance. Was testing starting at the back with 24 car grid at spa @ 1800 hours,  I wound everything up so it was dropping frames into T1, down to 75fps or so, then, I went in content manager and in the custom shaders patch enabled the cpu and gpu tweaks as shown here

tested again several times to be sure, now I have solid 90fps every time in t1

fingers crossed it works the same in MP!

Now back on topic,  soft tyres for the race...  pfffttt, its a gamble for sure, it worked at Oulton but they were definitely threadbare at the end and it doesn't have the series of fast turns like Spa where Pouhon and then the S at campus put some serious heat into the right side

I think its going to be a last minute decision taz
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2019, 10:54:43 PM +0100 »

I ticked those same things Max after reading your post, seemed to give a nice fps boost  Smiley

Race night...hmm, I'm gonna award myself this  Hit with a wet fish despite convincing myself last night that I was going to risk softs tonight for the race, I bottled it with seconds to spare and went for mediums  Roll Eyes within two laps I regretted it, my tyres were cold and crap and I was nearly 2 secs a lap slower than my soft race pace  taz

At race start I got blocked at t1 by Max's spinning car, allowing Simon past  cursing I then chased him hard for about 10 minutes glued to his gearbox at most corners. Eventually at Malmedy? Exit he got too wide and got out of shape on the Astro turf , I jinked left to avoid thankfully but saw him spinning and bounce off the wall in my mirrors. Sadly he left and I was now on my own with Alex about 7 secs up the road.  Sad

Two laps later I had a huge spin when the car went light through Eau Rouge   eek I lost 11 seconds and a recovering Max sped past  Cry
Apart from a brief chase of Jari I didn't see another car for the rest of the race and I solo lapped with crap cold mediums for about 20 minutes  sleep1 nothing like the race I had hoped for, a real shame for such a good track.
Softs were definitely the optimum tyre here and I would have enjoyed a much better race even if they did fade at the end.
Great pace up front by Nfsw and FMG, and well done Alexey on the podium  thumbup1

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2019, 03:11:17 AM +0100 »

Yes Mark. You was a pilot who i waited for compaunds battle after Q results. Unlucky it was not happen  Smiley May be next time we'll do another one photofinish show Grin. Simon was unlucky too today. May be need more practice before the races  Undecided  

For me what a race it was! I am near the lucky in having interesting fights ( close or tactic) in most of my races due my skill and ages Grin
This event was the same! Not trained qualy at all and was in hopes that i will be in front of Mark ( my sparring partner) and its will allow to me to use softs for race. I've find a time to test both conpaunds before the race and found softs more applicable for me.  I've done . 4th place in Q in 0.5 sec after nfsw was fine .
Has a good start, and after Max's mistake in 1st turn i 3rd! NFSW and FMG was in front ( as always  Grin) and my bussines was a smooth driving in my pace till the end.
All was good untill 8th lap . I had 11 sec stable gap in time  running in front of Max. Bruxells exit turn is take my soul . I know that this turn is godless place in Spa. ( 2.53 moment in video below) Slightly overbraking here and you are in the wall due car disbalanced. It was luckily save, not hit the wall but i've lost 9 seconds in this lap, cooling tires and nerves.
But it's bring to me an additional intrigue and fan to race! 3 seconds to me Max passed in 2-3 laps in time when i recovers my nerves  Grin Half of the race we tryed to be smooth in driving in hopes in mistake of other side and last laps of race has a true great battle. I  was saved my position using my gearbox , turned for faster speedup and using 1st gear/ Maxs gears was more lazy here . In last 17 lap was very interesting moment in start line and 1st turn after my small mistake in last turn (busstop). It was a real danger for my podium! But we nerved, fighted and crossed sucessfully and i've save my position  Tongue  But in the end godless turn in Bruxelles exit take my soul again, but i've saved more luckyly and lost minimal time, Max was  lucky too here right behind me. We both finished in same positions after the last desperate threat from Max.  Cheesy Thanks Max for fight and patience!  thumbup1
Congratulation FMG and , sure, NFSW! You was  fastest and smooth today! Softs win!  Grin

https://youtu.be/nHniYixiNF8        
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 05:28:49 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2019, 10:47:09 AM +0100 »

Again I took the safe option, and again I didn't crash. Annoyingly NSFW seems to be resisting the call of the scenery also. As he appeared to run a flawless race.

I decided against Softs in the end as I was not too much slower on mediums, and was banking on getting a faster car in the closing stages.
Didn't happen, I'm guessing from the relaxed way that NSFW pulled away from me he was intentionally taking it easy on his tires. Surprisingly he was still matching my times (low 2:22's) right until the end.
Even in the final 5 minutes I think the best I clawed back was about .3 of a second..

Well done to Alexey on 3rd, and bad luck Max for the spin in T1. Good recovery drive though.

Championship is fully down to the wire from looking at the leaderboards  Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2019, 11:07:56 AM +0100 »

Bathurst Finale too !  drool

i really needed a good result here to close the gap on Alexey  Cry even more reason i should have gone for the softs!  taz Think hes probably safe with his 10pt cushion though Bathurst can bite !

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2019, 03:06:58 PM +0100 »

Yeah, 3 leders are in still in battle in table!  Smiley
Unfortunatelly i had electric blackout in Suzuka night, lost and important points Cry  Probably I could go higher ( in top3) and we have a good fight with Max, who is rising from bottom  thumbup1   He  was absent in first two rounds! But life is still going and we are still in fighting   
Mark you know where Bathurst laserscan mod get 

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2019, 03:12:03 PM +0100 »

assume its the same as we used last time?

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2019, 03:24:04 PM +0100 »

If you used laserscaned track from track reboot then yes, but i not sure.
Anyway here is needed version  Wink Bathurst 0.9.1 ----------- https://www.mediafire.com/file/y4scpcytw22l95v/bathurst_fm7.rar

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2019, 04:57:09 PM +0100 »

fingers crossed it works the same in MP!

And it did, at least that part of my race went well, game ran super smooth all through practice/qually/race Smiley  Hopefully the alfas will be the same next week.

As for the driving heh, didn't go so well. I underperformed in qually for sure, I just wasn't fired up enough and didn't get close to the level of my practice laps.
Then the race went potato at the first turn.  At least I hope I learnt something from last time and as I was spinning stamped on the brake and stopped thinking I was off the racing line enough to be missed by the pack. Luckily I was and after everyone passed I turned round and started the chase. Amazingly I only did I think 2 actual overtakes going from 11th to 4th, everyone was diving off the track out of my way  Shocked
I had a fun run chasing Alexey at the end, and despite being a bit quicker over a lap there wasn't anywhere I could get through without a mistake from him. I had one chance into T1 but went a bit deep and he undercut back past on the exit, and then he got sideways into T11 (the corner with no name!) and I was lucky to avoid him and wall. Last lap into the final chicane I went for some crazy late braking in the hope he might leave enough gap for me inside but it was not to be and I had to abort or hit him, so 4th it was...
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2019, 06:27:50 PM +0100 »

If you used laserscaned track from track reboot then yes, but i not sure.
Anyway here is needed version  Wink Bathurst 0.9.1 ----------- https://www.mediafire.com/file/y4scpcytw22l95v/bathurst_fm7.rar

This is a Forza rip, therefore it won't be used here as a understand it due to the legal issues surrounding such tracks.
(The same legal issues that have caused the reboot project website to be closed)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com