The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 01:04:05 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14LE Bathurst: April 17, 2019
April 17, 2019, 08:30:00 PM +0100 - Bathurst - UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 3 +0.067
---
1 41:03.393
---
19 2:08.689
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 1 2:07.852
---
2 +11.995
---
19 2:08.806
---
Michelin  
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 2 +0.027
---
3 +13.228
---
19 2:08.904
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 4 +2.491
---
4 +51.797
---
19 2:11.049
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 5 +3.416
---
5 +52.042
---
19 2:10.586
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 8 +5.928
---
6 +2:12.010
---
19 2:13.774
---
Michelin  
KDiesel

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 6 +5.331
---
7 +1L
---
18 2:14.518
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 7 +5.571
---
8 +16.597
---
18 2:14.223
---
Michelin  
L4de

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} 9 +6.348
---
9 +2L
---
17 2:12.397
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Lotus Evora GTC {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
---
Michelin  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
2:07.852
---
nfsw55
Qualifying
Lotus Evora GTCApril 17, 2019, 08:30:00 PM +0100
A14LE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 Lotus Evora GTC Cup Round 8 - Bathurst - Apr 17  (Read 1872 times)
MaxVeloce
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2019, 05:15:57 PM +0100 »

I'm going to cruise around 3secs in front of you for the whole race Alexey  Tongue

But seriously, if I hadn't joined the series late it might have been an interesting 3 way fight for title at the last round...   maybe next time  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:20:12 PM +0100 by MaxVeloce » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 09:34:32 AM +0100 »

i couldnt make any progress last night despite an extra hour on the server, looks like my peak is mid 2.10's for now, maybe some pace will come as the race progresses. At least i got my race setup more stabilised but i havent found any extra setup tweak to gain a second or so, yet feel like i'm wringing the cars neck  Undecided

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 10:03:13 AM +0100 »

Sad Looking at the times I could be getting lapped tonight, twice....
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 10:40:41 AM +0100 »

i couldnt make any progress last night despite an extra hour on the server, looks like my peak is mid 2.10's for now, maybe some pace will come as the race progresses. At least i got my race setup more stabilised but i havent found any extra setup tweak to gain a second or so, yet feel like i'm wringing the cars neck  Undecided

Did you try the setup I sent you? Needs more front camber admittedly but good for low 2:09's on race fuel. I've improved on it somewhat as after you left I got a setup on mediums to run faster than Alexey while on race fuel  Grin

I'm looking forward to tonight's race, the Lotus really feels alive as you go over the mountain and throw it from corner to corner ( I did over 300 miles in last night's session  Shocked)
Still haven't decided on compound yet though. Going to do some more testing prior to the race.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 12:30:18 PM +0100 »

no i never got any setups, kept checking right until i left but you had said you were still working on it so didnt chase for it  Undecided

It is a cracking track, would be ace for the cup car porkers  Cool

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2019, 02:37:24 PM +0100 »

Wierd, I sent it via s-tracker at the same time I told you?
Maybe it's still there and you can try out before the race.

(I expect a free pass of you use it though Tongue)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2019, 07:20:16 PM +0100 »

Nice onboard for anyone struggling  Smiley
https://youtu.be/9iGW7YbGvuw

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2019, 09:44:54 PM +0100 »

B'ah, shame the last race was slightly spoilt by some silly low temperatures...its Australia for heavens sake!  Roll Eyes  Even my softs couldn't get any heat in them! I was showing blue -2 on the fronts the whole race despite pumping them up.   taz

Had a fairly good race. Qualified 4th I think. Got a decent start and ran 4th behind the flying 3-some ahead for quite some time. Then Max had a spin and I got a giddy 3rd for a while until he in-evitably re-caught me. Then I promptly span at the same corner he had whilst following him (got too much kerb). This cost me my 4th place to Alexey and worst, my rhythm, so it took me an age to re catch him as I had some sloppy laps. But the last 10 mins or so were great as I closed him down and chased hard for lap after lap over the mountain. But by the end my rears were red and every corner was becoming like bambi on ice  Tongue  He had it under control and finished ahead for another of our regular close finishes    Well done that man.

Superb pace up front and can only envy the pace the 3 of you had.  I Am Not Worthy  I just couldn't get the setup to work for me here. Watching that onboard I was doing nothing wrong but I couldn't get the car to grip or turn where I wanted it too.  Undecided

Congrats to FMG for another superb win  Cool and well done all that finished on this car killer (but amazing!) circuit.  thumbup1

Thanks to all that raced to the end of this series, appreciate it  euro shame the car didn't quite live up to my hopes for a good well attended series, but some of those tracks were mighty  Smiley

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2019, 09:50:43 PM +0100 »

You was 5-Th in Q Tongue Grin
But in race start you got 4th before 1st turn again due my bad clutch pedal management. I was like a fool just lifting it off and stall then.. But trained to be smooth to dose here with my long 1st gear  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:42:15 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2019, 11:50:05 PM +0100 »

Then Max had a spin and I got a giddy 3rd for a while until he in-evitably re-caught me. Then I promptly span at the same corner he had whilst following him (got too much kerb).

I'm going back on what I said in chat, after watching the replay it was definitely Alexeys ice I span on, I was nowhere near the kerb Tongue...  oh well

Passing you was interesting Mark, I had an extra 5kmh over normal into that kink at the end of conrod straight and it didn't like the tight inside line and got a nice wobble on  Shocked

Also interesting to have 3 drivers with obviously different setups all doing ~ the same laptimes.  At the end running behind nfsw I was clearly quicker in some parts and him in others, but he was fast through the twists off the mountain and I couldn't get close enough to get a run on the conrod. It made for an interesting last few laps as the tyres went away  Smiley

Congrats to FMG on winning the champ, and nfsw for 2nd.

Also despite my comments after my first race @ Austria, I've come to enjoy racing the Evora, sure the tyres are tricky if you go too far over the limit but its been much fun running it at the different tracks  Cool
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2019, 08:52:00 AM +0100 »

Too bad I could not attend this final round on this epic track. Still glad Legends Racing took the team trophy home!
And congrats to FMG for winning the title.  clap

Thanks to Mark for organising this championship. It was a good one and i myself had some great battles along the way.  thumbup2 Cheers.

(ohh and please don't drive something cool the next two weeks as i am on holiday Grin)

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2019, 10:21:43 AM +0100 »

Race was calm for me- just drive carefully in ice surface between the walls with +2 sec slower my pace, using brake in every fast conner , esp in race finish laps. It was an AC surprise, as always. But it bring an another one, but controllable, Mark's chase on me and photofinish with us  Smiley

Congratulation to FMG , champ winner! I say again,  in complex of simracing i've never seen the pilot better !  yes
There are many fast pilots, faster than him, but there are not so many true wise in overall !
I was happy to see on track our aliens- nfsw55 and Max!
Thanks to all guys we had in grid. It's a best race culture membership!  
Thanks to Mark J for champ organization, no word to say how i respect you. Smiley
Hope , after some vacation , i'll can join to other interesting wednesday modern series!
Hope i will see more pilots here  Smiley
PS Just to add Great Thanks to Pete aka serverman. You are was like a Kalashnikov automatic gun-  reliable, accurate and unpretentious ! Smiley  

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:30:57 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2019, 10:38:45 AM +0100 »

How the season finished with FMG as worthy Champion, well deserved but nfsw and Max pushed him all the way, great stuff and it kept him on his toes as well as stopping him getting bored!  Smiley

1   FullMetalGasket   152.0
2   nfsw55      137.0
3   MaxVeloce      107.0
4   Baikal      88.0
5   Mark J      76.0
6   Postal      44.0   
7   Manteos      44.0                
8   Simon Gymer   38.0       
9   KDiesel      38.0
10   Jeffrey      25.0                        
11   Bob      20.0
12   L4de      20.0
13   SRW      8.0
14   spanner   6.0               
15   Sutol      2.0

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2019, 05:43:12 PM +0100 »

That was an interestin race yesterday.
During qualifying I wasn't able to match my practice times. Binned some good laps but on my last flying lap I still managed to get pole. Looking at the times I guess that some others also had a hard time to find a free lap and avoid the walls. In the end the first three of us were seperated by just 67/1000th of a second Shocked
My (little) hopes for a championship win were shattered already after just a few laps when Max fell off the track, as I knew that I only had a chance to nick P1 on the championship table away from fmg when I'm finishing on P1 and fmg on P3 or lower. After that i just tried to drive some fast and consistent laps, with fmg following me not far behind.
At halftime I slighlty touched one of the walls on top of the mountain which resulted in orange front end damage and topspeed loss on the straights. I still kept fmg behind, but just a few laps later I completly lost the car coming into "the dipper"  Roll Eyes  Lost alot of time there, but this brought me right back to Max. We then drove together for the remaining laps.

Congrats fmg on yesterdays win and your overall win, great pace and consistency right from the beginning. Also thanks for the racing to all the other regular participants.
After all it was (another) nice series here, thanks for organizing thumbup1 In the beginning (first three rounds to be exact) I didn't like the car at all and basically destroyed all opportunities for a good championship position there (I'm still getting nightmares when thinking about the Mugello round Grin), but after that I got my head around the setup and had some very nice races. It seemed that FMG, Max and myself were all on a quite equal pace which guaranteed for some exciting racing. In the end we won two races each.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2019, 06:10:21 PM +0100 »

How the season finished with FMG as worthy Champion, well deserved but nfsw and Max pushed him all the way, great stuff and it kept him on his toes as well as stopping him getting bored!  Smiley

Cheers Mark, but you're crediting me with far more pace than I actually had this series.
I only had genuine pace for the Red Bull Ring and here. All of the other high finishes came from a carefully conservative setup - ensuring I fell off less than the competition in other words Wink
Had max been around for the entire season or Manteos stayed onboard I'm not convinced i'd have pulled it off!

And on the subject of Max I have to hand it to him for first class situational awareness this round. He managed to hold his line while still giving me racing room when I dived around the outside of him at Griffins Bend (T2). I had to slightly use the grass in the breaking area but pretty certain we didn't touch  Cool
I'll upload the opening laps on youtube later, but for those of you with the replay it happened at the start of lap 2 and was slightly close  Grin

Ordinarily I'd have waited for a safer/surer opportunity, but I HAD to finish immediately behind NFSW to take the championship - and had a run and a setup that was slightly better up the hill..
It's by far the ballsy-ist pass I've ever made in AC  angel

As for my pace here, it was partly achieved through using a pretty low downforce setup and constantly adjusting brake bias as I made my way around the track. The rest is from years of watching the full Bathurst 1000 and having a very good 2nd hand knowledge.

To give an idea of my brake management; T1 was as far back as 65%, T2 I moved the bias forward a bit to 66 or  66.5% as I braked and slid the first bit. For the cutting I needed to go forward to roughly 70% as that allowed me to stay flat until through the first kink, before braking hard into the hairpin (further back with that little wing was an almost guaranteed spin).
On the run out of the Cutting I moved bias back to 66-66.5, before going forward to 67-68 again for skyline.
I then had to get back to 66 ready for Forrests Elbow and the remainder of the lap.

Anyone who is familiar with the Ozy touring cars and Shane Van Gisbergen should have a pretty good mental image of how busy I was!

I have to admit that I really wasn't taken by these cars at the start, but whether through improved setups or just better suited tracks I've really enjoyed the last couple of rounds.
Thanks everyone for taking part and Mark and Pete for the behind doors work  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com