The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 10:17:55 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E6GT4 Chang, Buriram: May 30, 2019
May 30, 2019, 08:55:14 PM +0100 - Chang, Buriram - RRE Season 6 (2019) GT4
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
KTM X-Bow GT4 GT4
---
1 31:13.161
---
17 0 1:44.761
---
Pirelli  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
KTM X-Bow GT4 GT4 1 +1:57.531
---
2 +1L
---
16 0 1:55.875
---
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus Evora GT4 GT4
---
3 +6L 11 0 1:45.703
---
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT4
1:57.531
---
BillThomas
Qualifying
KTM X-Bow GT4May 30, 2019, 08:55:14 PM +0100
E6GT4
Race Room Experience
GT4
1:44.761
---
frex
Race
KTM X-Bow GT4May 30, 2019, 08:55:14 PM +0100
E6GT4
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 6 (2019) Race Room GT4 - Chang, Buriram - May 30  (Read 1233 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2019, 05:00:05 PM +0100 »

Password: see above
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: GTR4
Track: Chang Buriram
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: OFF
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E6
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
frex

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 05:18:53 PM +0100 »

Kinda regretting my car choice in this series - the Evora is quick and easy to drive, but I had more fun in the KTM in the first race. Would it be ok to change back to that again? Happy to take a penalty of course.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 06:58:47 PM +0100 »

Picnic seems unhappy with his choice as well. I think we drop the restriction. pick any car people want
no worries.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 07:15:28 PM +0100 »

Ok thanks.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 03:37:28 PM +0100 »

I am away for this event, so can someone join the server t 19:45? I should be able to restart the server just before then

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 09:03:43 PM +0100 »

Sorry Frex that I could not give you much of a race tonight, just could not get into a rhythm. Kept getting the lines through the corners wrong & using the wrong gear, was all over the place, gave up after 2nd crash.

Congrats to you & Bill.  clap clap
frex

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 09:20:55 PM +0100 »

No probs Geoff. Shame though as we weren't far apart in practice, so hoping for a good race despite the low turnout. Congrats on your podium, and Bill for P2.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 05:38:19 AM +0100 »

Thanks Geoff and frex. In practice I achieved my first timed lap after I changed my setup for last night. Previously the car was just not turning in but sliding over the track edge with track errors two or three times a lap.  Huh I joined last night more in hope than expecting to race! Roll Eyes

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 08:55:54 AM +0100 »

Well done Bill  Grin 3 people?  Shocked perhaps I should just pack it in and throw myself of a bridge...  Roll Eyes

Ah well, new season starts soon. If the next 3 series don't attract a few more people they will be the last ones
and Thursdays will be history. No point in running events if people are not interested.
I like these cars, but they are not so "historic" so I can see why they maybe don't get the love they deserve.
The next lot are all historic, and I think are a good set of cars, let's see  chef

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2019, 12:21:11 PM +0100 »

Another apology, sorry for campaigning for these Matt. I quite enjoy them but have to admit they are not the most exciting cars to drive. Frex really seems to have got to grips with them but as far as the Lotus goes I can quite see why people don't seem interested, I am still finding it a struggle to overcome understeer with it, although I found well over a second in practice last night by making the front much softer. I still find it baffling how the guys at the top of the leaderboard can get these cars around here in the 1.42s!

If I had to choose between RRE & GTL, it would be GTL every time, the old cars are just so much more fun to drive. RRE needs more 60s & 70s cars to make it more interesting for me.

Maybe we should just abandon this series now & run the last two races for the Group C cars.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 12:25:37 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2019, 12:41:49 PM +0100 »

Sorry for not being there, I easily found an excuse  Embarrassed to do something else as I'm not enjoying these. I never got on with GTL. I often found the cars too unpredictable, tyre / brake temperatures I suspect, so I never knew when I could brake normally or early. And when I braked too late I always seemed to fall off and never scrub off enough speed to get around the corner however untidily. I'm a little worried the half baked tyre temperatures in RRE are going the same way.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2019, 12:52:11 PM +0100 »

Sorry for not being there, I easily found an excuse  Embarrassed to do something else as I'm not enjoying these. I never got on with GTL. I often found the cars too unpredictable, tyre / brake temperatures I suspect, so I never knew when I could brake normally or early. And when I braked too late I always seemed to fall off and never scrub off enough speed to get around the corner however untidily. I'm a little worried the half baked tyre temperatures in RRE are going the same way.

I actually find the opposite, to me the RRE cars are unpredictable, I am constantly making errors under braking & running wide or turning in too early. But it maybe that as the cars are faster a slight error misjudging a braking point makes a bigger difference.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2019, 12:59:03 PM +0100 »

I have already created the Group C series: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=682&theme=4
I could edit the 6 events and bring them all forward I guess. There will be a Capri series and another DTM92/Touring classics series
which will alternate between DTM92 and TC as they may change soon, and become less well matched groups.
The current Pork series can continue or not?

frex

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2019, 02:08:49 PM +0100 »

Hmm I'm sorry to hear that others are not enjoying these cars. I did find the Lotus a little dull compared to the KTM, but I didn't notice any major understeer in it as long as I was coming off the brake as I turned in, and I drive the KTM in a similar way. Maybe it's in the default setups, which can be very safe and understeery? I rarely go with the default - if I could post setups here I would, but I'm not sure how to do that? One thing to maybe try though is to reduce rear toe-in - I had close to zero here and the car turns in much the better for it (this works really well in the 964 too).

Having said all that though if ppl just prefer to give up with these, then I'm happy to move on to something else. I've not tried the Group C cars yet, but I'm sure they'll be fun too.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2019, 05:50:02 PM +0100 »

Thanks for one or two setup tips Frex, I suspect that most of my problems are of my own making, trying to set these modern cars up like the old stuff I'm used to in GTL & trying to drive them that way. Works not too bad on the 92DTM & Touring Classics cars but is most likely totally wrong for the GT4s & other modern cars (we won't mention Porkas  laugh).
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com