The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 01:15:39 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E6GT4 Chang, Buriram: May 30, 2019
May 30, 2019, 08:55:14 PM +0100 - Chang, Buriram - RRE Season 6 (2019) GT4
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
KTM X-Bow GT4 GT4
---
1 31:13.161
---
17 0 1:44.761
---
Pirelli  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
KTM X-Bow GT4 GT4 1 +1:57.531
---
2 +1L
---
16 0 1:55.875
---
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus Evora GT4 GT4
---
3 +6L 11 0 1:45.703
---
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT4
1:57.531
---
BillThomas
Qualifying
KTM X-Bow GT4May 30, 2019, 08:55:14 PM +0100
E6GT4
Race Room Experience
GT4
1:44.761
---
frex
Race
KTM X-Bow GT4May 30, 2019, 08:55:14 PM +0100
E6GT4
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 6 (2019) Race Room GT4 - Chang, Buriram - May 30  (Read 1245 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2019, 05:12:01 PM +0100 »

I will go with whatever the populace wants  Roll Eyes

My preference is to run all the current series to their end, then start the new ones. It's difficult to find
new challenges for us with R3E, as there are only a few cars that are "historic", and the track choice, though good
does not really cater for the older layouts like Rouen etc.
In GTL and AC there are lots of mods to try, here there are non.

Having said that, I think that most of the R3E cars are more fun and tend to create closer racing than their counterparts in AC
which also has some superb cars to choose from. Just my preference. The KTM in this series is excellent, I agree the Lotus
is a bit sloppy, and the Pork is good but not my taste. The 964 is a little ponderous to me, but then I have to make Porks
very tame handling wise, so that may be all it is. The wide gear ratios doesn't help either.

The next series will be the Group C, and has already been done, and could be started anytime if people would prefer to do that.
There will be a Zakspeed Capri series because I like them, and the last time we did one it went well.
There will probably be a DTM92/Touring Classics alternating, so 3 of each in case they change the physics.

I have always wanted to run a series of open wheelers, but the idea has never got much love on here. I could run a
"Formula Ford" series using the Formula Junior R3E cars, SRW did that once, and it was ok, so that's an option.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 05:15:00 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
frex

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 12:04:40 AM +0100 »

It's difficult to find
new challenges for us with R3E, as there are only a few cars that are "historic", and the track choice, though good
does not really cater for the older layouts like Rouen etc.

There have been some recent changes in the game which might present some new challenges, and there are always further developments in the pipeline:

The recent BOP adjustment in Grp 5 has brought these cars a bit closer together - a Capri only series sounds good, but I'd also love to see how cars like the Greenwood Corvette match up now against the faster cars in the group. Something for the future maybe.

Similarly, as mentioned above, the BOP changes in the DTM and Touring Classics will rejuvenate the racing in those groups.

The F Junior has had a big update since we last raced it - I liked it before, but like it even better now.

Or alternatively, the F X-90 is due to be released very soon - a recreation of a Nineties F1 car with 3 different variants. Actually this doesn't greatly appeal to me tbh - fast open wheelers with short braking distances are not conducive to close racing imho. But I know some will like them.

BMW M1 Grp 4 version will come later in the year - this will join the 934, and other cars will be added to the group in due course. I know the 934 is not popular but a 934 vs M1 series could be fun..?

Or there's always the NSU - never gets old, and it's been awhile since we last did those!

Anyway, plenty to keep us busy I reckon.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2019, 01:39:26 PM +0100 »

I'll race any of the above if I'm around....work and play both get in the way of Thursday's racing.

The only car group I don't like is the GTO class, with the possible exception of the Mustang which is ok. I think giving the choice of a couple of Group 5 cars with the Capri is a good idea. The GTR4 cars are okay but not very exciting to race imo.

I'm looking forward to trying the 90's F1 car(s) as I have a particular penchant for that era. Just hope there is enough variation in the physics to distinguish each type without affecting their relative performance balance.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2019, 08:16:48 PM +0100 »

Is R3E doing 90s F1?

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2019, 09:13:19 PM +0100 »

Is R3E doing 90s F1?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=VmpmO4nlVZw

Due to be released as part of next update.....

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2019, 09:26:38 PM +0100 »

OK, cool. But they have wings... I wanted to run the X17 cars, which are probably similar, but no one was interested.
Perhaps these will cause some interest?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com