by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 06:19:20 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: NoGrip Legacy TC Event 6: Cadwell Park normal race  (Read 670 times)
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2019, 09:47:55 PM +0100 »

NoGrip Legacy TC Championship 2019
Cadwell Park
6th of May, 2019

Normal race for the Division 1 cars.

Server info:
- Server Name: NoGrip Legacy TC Server
- Password: tc4ever

Event Info
Track: Cadwell Park.
Track download: *DOWNLOAD*

Allowed Classes: Division 1 classes.
  • under 850cc.
  • 850 - 999cc.
Qualifying: 25 minutes, starts at 20:05 BST.
Race: Length 33 laps, starts at approx. 20:30  BST.
Scoring:
  • Both classes score points separately. Winner of each class receives 9 points, 2nd in each class receives 8 points and so on and so forth.
  • Overall winner of the race scores additional 1 point.
  • Start in a class where driver has not started yet in this season, scores automatically 3 additional points.

Notes
- Normal race which takes about an hour. After Brno endurance, This track provides a complete different nature of racing.
- Due higher fuel consumption of 1000cc cars, they might require a single pit stop.

EDIT: Updated the race length to 33 laps. This should make the 850cc cars to be able to run the race without pitstops but 1000cc cars need one pitstop.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 10:26:50 AM +0100 by Nappe1 » Logged

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 11:15:59 AM +0100 »

The 850cc Mini can only do 35 laps with a full tank  Undecided

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 12:28:13 PM +0100 »

The 850cc Mini can only do 35 laps with a full tank  Undecided

My extensive testing was not enough then it seems, or then I was just too tired.  850TC has the lowest range from 850ccs and I thought I checked that, but most likely I was too tired and some how mixed up the figures.
I'll check the lap count and announce it as soon as possible.

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 10:27:25 AM +0100 »

Updated the race length to 33 laps. This should make the 850cc cars to be able to run the race without pitstops but 1000cc cars need one pitstop.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 11:12:37 AM +0100 »

Updated the race length to 33 laps. This should make the 850cc cars to be able to run the race without pitstops but 1000cc cars need one pitstop.

Good plan thumbup1  Should make for an interesting event.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 06:31:21 PM +0100 »

Server is up for testing. Smiley

nocatu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 10:15:43 AM +0100 »

I'm not feeling very well, probably coming down with something so I'd better skip this race, have a good one guys.
Markus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 12:18:47 PM +0100 »

Get well soon mate!
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 07:20:05 PM +0100 »

Server is up. Smiley
Nocatu: hoping quick recovery for you.

Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 09:03:43 PM +0100 »

Bugger, lost my screens (surge protector). It had to happen sometime.
Grads to pod and all finishers.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 03:52:13 PM +0100 »

Thanks Nappi1 for the Series and congrats to the podium. Bad luck Dominick nothing worse than an equipment failure, particularly an intermittent one.

I had a mixed night, really got into grove in qualifying and the first two or three laps after an excellent start. Then out braked myself chasing Dominick and had to reverse onto track and get back up to speed. This allowed Bob to close up and start looking to pass and the gap fluctuated, got two cut track warnings in one lap so had to take a slightly different line through a couple of corners, eventually at the highest part of the track, I took too much kerb and executed a deadly Barrel Roll and rolled down to the lower part of the track, so I quit with one badly bent car.  Roll Eyes

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 06:42:57 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 07:34:03 PM +0100 »

I mostly tested different setups in Sunday's server test session and while It did feel like a good setup and found way to drive lap so that the hairpin corner was only 2nd gear corner, I had no idea how it would compare to others. As Kurt had visit in test session as well, I shared the setup I had in that moment with him and while I did some small adjustments after that, I could not match my PB from Sunday (1:39.8xx) in Monday.

So based on runs I did on Sunday, I was expecting able to keep lap time average in 1:41.0. In qualify I was surprised to be on my own second. However as the other fast 850ccs were doing 1:41.lows, I did not expected the race be easy one. I did have guess that I might had picked up longer final gear than the others so It might mean some troubles on start.

Race started as well as it could have been. I did nearly perfect start and only evilClive passed me before the coppice corner, which meant that I just needed to keep close and try to overtake in front straight with the higher top speed. However when closing the mountain curves I was already very close and It strike me that Kurt told me in sunday that He somehow just could not drive the right hander of Mountain on 3rd gear full throttle... Could it be that driving those on 3rd was actually something? Oh yes. I was shocked how much of a difference driving line could make there. I had to go outside from very narrow line to overtake EvilClive as otherwise I would have simply hit him. Next I was worried about me to block him in Hall bends. My worries were not reduced a one bit when I saw EvilClive spin in hairpin corner and then vanish. Shocked It took me few laps to ensure myself that while I might be part of the happenings, There's no use of worrying it now. After race jury could do the possible penalties, but that is after the race ends.

After that I steady started to just beat lap after lap. I was surprised that I was able to do 1:40.5 as my lap average. It was about half a second faster than I was expecting forehand. Somewhere in around lap 20 I had lead over 30 seconds to next driver in same class, which was unheard thing to me. I started to wonder when I last time had some car physics work done ... Maybe I was racing with "accidentally cheating" car that I just could not remember to be editted. (after race I checked to physics file dates and they are exactly same as in car pack so my mind was again just playing games with me. I also watched the replay from bird eye view about what happened to EvilClive and was at least bit relieved. ) Somehow I was able to suppress these ideas as well and keep my concentration locked to main thing.

In the end of lap 30, Markus was close to lap me second time, so just after finish line I turned xd display on (I race xd display set off as it provides too much of information to my engineer mind who loves some statistics.) to see if Markus already finished the race and it was close that I did not crashed as I accidentally drove off road on right shoulder. Luckily I did not do anything too hasty but lifted off gas and slowly got back on track. I once more recalled concentration and drove last lap steadily to the finish. Smiley

Thanks everyone joining for this race and Markus for the Overall & 1000cc class win. Smiley

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 07:38:18 PM +0100 by Nappe1 » Logged

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 08:27:09 PM +0100 »

grats to all.

That was a very short 1 hr race for me  Undecided.  Less than 1 lap !!!

As has already been said, I got a great start and was feeling quite chuffed with myself as I was driving a Mini...a car that always defeats me.

You were in no way to blame for my early exit Nappe, I clipped a grass bank and lost control at the hairpin. Hitting the barriers was bad enough, but when I reversed so that I could rejoin....I floated off to La La Land  Huh So that was race over for me.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 06:31:55 AM +0100 »

Frightened that I could participate during free practice as I found myself offline /alone on the server three times without noticing it  Huh.
During one of these involuntary offs I obtained a new pb of 1:40.8 which I would never reach again during the event.

After my usual lousy start I dropped to last and really wasn't motivated to go on as I didn't believe to pass all the 850 guys in front of me  Grin
But during lap 14 I was back in 6th place after some eventful laps. I was surprised that - although I was unable to master The Mountain in third gear (as Nappe said) -
I could pass Suti in the Suzuki with an enormous excess speed there. After I could pass Mike, who seemed to have some slower laps througout the first half of the race,
I had a silent and lonely race right in the middle of nowhere controlling the distance to the guys behind and steadily loosing seconds to Nappe who was unreachable in the
fastest Mini  thumbup1 . Glad to be able to finish the race without any of my usual severe mistakes.

Thanks Nappe for uploading your setup- which was working perfectly for me.  thumbup2 - and for organizing this stunning series  Cool

CU next week.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com