The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 10:25:34 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14 Nürburgring: June 05, 2019
June 05, 2019, 11:24:07 AM +0100 - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - UKAC Season 14
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Ferrari 312T3 {unknown} 1 6:40.489
---
1 40:04.688
---
6 6:38.053
---
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Ferrari 312T3 {unknown} 7 +27:39:59.510
---
2 +7.665
---
6 6:38.864
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 312T3 {unknown} 4 +28.280
---
3 +1:23.914
---
6 6:51.179
---
Goodyear  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Ferrari 312T3 {unknown} 2 +9.026
---
4 +1:51.131
---
6 6:50.964
---
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 312T3 {unknown} 9 +27:39:59.510
---
5 +2:34.101
---
6 6:56.673
---
Goodyear  
KDiesel

Ferrari 312T3 {unknown} 8 +27:39:59.510
---
6 +4:57.753
---
6 7:03.972
---
Goodyear  
picnic
 Team Shark
Ferrari 312T3 {unknown} 5 +1:12.029
---
7 +4L
---
2 7:01.240
---
Goodyear  
Baikal

Ferrari 312T3 {unknown} 6 +27:39:59.510
---
8 +5L
---
1 7:13.536
---
Goodyear  
Alfrance

Ferrari 312T3 {unknown} 3 +13.537
---
DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
6:40.489
---
Max .
Qualifying
Ferrari 312T3June 05, 2019, 11:24:07 AM +0100
A14
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
6:38.053
---
Max .
Race
Ferrari 312T3June 05, 2019, 11:24:07 AM +0100
A14
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 - Nürburgring Niki Lauda tribute Race - Jun 5  (Read 2491 times)
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2019, 04:09:47 PM +0100 »

Grin Any red caps for the oldest finisher. (hopefully)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2019, 09:02:40 PM +0100 »

These remind me too much of GTL, I've no idea when the car's going to stop or why sometimes it just understeers off.

At least I managed 2 laps  Roll Eyes

Alfrance

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2019, 09:03:44 PM +0100 »

Arghh… this was a too short fun!
Nice qualy P3 with my best time, also good start gaining 1 position in the first corner on Bob, then in the first straight after the jump (I don't know the name), I had rear wing at 9 ( so not very fast on straight) while Bob was overtaking me back we got in contact and ...race over for me
I think I left enough room for you, …  but the space is never enough Smiley

Bad luck!

See you next one

Cheers
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2019, 09:33:52 PM +0100 »

It could have been my mistake, if it was I am truly sorry I was sure there was enough room. Drove the rest of the race with damage but managed to finish. Please accept my apologies it was not intentional.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2019, 09:43:53 PM +0100 »

FMG was started from Reverse gear!  thumbup2  Grin  
Congratulation Max for great pace and win!  thumbup2
Podium and all guys finished are the heroes!  thumbup1
I am kill my suspention and retired  wheelchair
Thanks for race guys! See you all later!  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 11:43:40 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2019, 10:05:10 PM +0100 »

I enjoyed that, it was a proper adrenalin buzz and highly challenging without being too hardcore  Smiley

All hale the aptly named Max Veloce who wins the coveted red Niki cap in honour of the Legend himself Niki Lauda.  I Am Not Worthy Cracking pace Max and Fmg.

I was very happy to bag a 3rd place on the podium for such a tough event  thumbup2

Qually left me annoyed as I did a new pb of 6:54 and then locked up and took some kerb with only two sodding corners to go!  taz then my next lap I was 2.7 secs up and got a stupid cut warning so that was that, no times recorded.

At race start I followed the two dicing ahead but gave them room as it looked like tears on cold tyres...I was right ! they both went off and I let FMG steam past me without a fight.
Then I kept my visor down and flat as fast as I could until the chequered flag.  Smiley

Thanks to all that raced and finished, well done gents, a decent tribute race  thumbup1

KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2019, 10:09:23 PM +0100 »

I want proper series with these, full F1 season?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2019, 08:10:23 AM +0100 »

And I thought this race was difficult!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqkjHlBVvDM&feature=youtu.be

Before I watched that I thought I'd get the old game out, but not so sure now.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2019, 08:57:35 AM +0100 »

well i offered to run a historic f1 series but only about 4 people voted they were up for it  surrender  We even seem to have lost the other two Finns who were racing here regularly as well as a few others along the way. Maybe people have moved on to ACC already  Undecided
At the moment, several off here are racing elsewhere in the 60's f1 mod but its on a friday night, so no good to me.

I'm kinda hoping more guys seeking some of the interesting historic stuff might migrate here if most simracers opt for ACC as their modern GT car fix (which i also like).

I remember back in early gtl/gtr2 days we used to get full grids of 30 cars  Cry

MaxVeloce
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2019, 10:48:44 AM +0100 »

Well that was fun, I always enjoy a nice run at the nords.

Qually:  I don't think I ever got pole with an out lap before, but that's what happened  Shocked,  first flyer I did a stupid spin at Adenauer Forst, so cruised the rest of the lap to save the tyres, then went again and was going even faster until I went totally potato at Hohe Acht and drove into the armco 
Hit with a wet fish

Race:  Almost forgot to launch at the start, then spent most of the 1st lap driving conservatively till the tyre pressures came up,  only to see a charging FMG lighting up the purple sectors behind me as I neared the end of it, so then I started to push a bit harder, trying to keep it clean and not overdrive.  Didn't have any moments,  but sadly the lazy 1st (and a bit 2nd) laps took too long and it wasn't quite  possible to get to the line before time ran out and make it 7 laps...

Still a very enjoyable evening drive which left me thinking, those old guys had BALLS, driving these beer cans around there at such speed - but to crash and almost die, and then be back in the car a month later and racing again, that's some seriously outstanding determination.

Congrats to FMG on 2nd, as ever keeping me on my toes and making it a race, 1 mistake would have meant failure to receive red cap, and that just wasn't in my plan.

Congrats to Mark, nice to see you get a podium, and congrats to everyone else who finished, its a hard combo and the green hell does not forgive, that small mistake which costs you a couple of seconds on a normal track ends your race here...

-------------------------------------------

Meh to ACC,  I would happily race it if they ever get VR to run well, but when it looks bad and cant even get solid fps on a 2080ti / 5ghz 8700k  then they need to do some serious work first.
And then it has 1 more problem - Its only got modern GT cars and while they are Ok,  I would quickly get bored of just racing those, and I can't be alone in that.  There is definitely going to continue to be a space for AC races running other interesting series.

Alfrance

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2019, 12:46:36 PM +0100 »

It could have been my mistake, if it was I am truly sorry I was sure there was enough room. Drove the rest of the race with damage but managed to finish. Please accept my apologies it was not intentional.
thumbup1
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2019, 02:09:02 PM +0100 »

well i offered to run a historic f1 series but only about 4 people voted they were up for it  surrender  We even seem to have lost the other two Finns who were racing here regularly as well as a few others along the way. Maybe people have moved on to ACC already  Undecided

IMO, for me, personally, AC will never die and i ready to race in there ( depending of spare time). In future we can make wendesdays modern GT3 champ based on ACC, and classic serie based on AC. Why not?
But.. ACC is still in early beta stage in fact and earlyer than 1.1 ( in best way in the end of summer) we cant du such champ in quality.
So, i'll agree for fun races in ACC in wendesdays till the summer ends.  

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2019, 05:17:52 PM +0100 »

After last nights fun, hard car to control, an unforgiving track, left arm and leg aching at finish, and a great experience in VR don't think I will bother with ACC until it proves to be a proper playable title. Don't use a monitor for racing for the last 3 years and VR in ACC makes me feel sick after 5 mins. I personally think the game is far from finished and feel sure after 3 or 4 Wed nights in gt3 cars the game will fail. Weather, night and day, rain etc is all well and good, but having to fund a £1000 graphics card to run it isn't. I have a 8086K running at 5gig a Inno3d 1080 graphics card, 32gig memory and still not good enough to run ACC reasonably. They have a long way to go to polish this game.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2019, 05:39:00 PM +0100 »

I have a 8086K running at 5gig a Inno3d 1080 graphics card, 32gig memory and still not good enough to run ACC reasonably. They have a long way to go to polish this game.
Hehe ... I have 9 years old Intel K7-2600k @4500 , 4 (!)  Shocked Gb ram, GTX 970 4 Gb , SSD .
Run ACC in High button pressed, in singe monitor 1920x1080 37" ,nice tuned Win10, writing onboard videos. In full grid race start - 50 fps, in mid race-70. Very good picture, weather scenes, comfort driving, and good satisfied. Strange things have ACC  Roll Eyes
ps Yes i know.. single monitor is not for pro simracing...  Embarrassed But still ok for me  
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:44:07 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2019, 05:39:56 PM +0100 »

Massive apology to the car behind me at the start.
Despite joking about it I still managed to find Reverse instead of 1st on the line - all because I'd changed the controller to a dogleg setup to match the car....
Silliest thing is that I've owned and driven several cars/vans to use a dogleg so have no good excuse Roll Eyes

Once off the line all went well, I passed one car in the first 2 corners - then another who ran wide at the first braking point around T5/6 before Mark let me by once I motored up to him a few corners later.
After that Bob and Alfrance had their coming together which promoted me another 2 spots back into 2nd.

I then pushed very hard to try and close the gap to Max, I know from watching him in practice and qualifying that he likes to take it a little easier on cold tires in the opening lap. While I don't like the way these move when they slide I was still confident enough to hustle it a bit though and started making up time.
This was great for the first half of the lap - then, despite my tires being fully warm and upto pressure I had an understeer moment at Bergwerk and gently touched the armco on the exit.
This was enough for a yellowish rear wing, and a lightly yellow front wing. The handling wasn't too bad even after that but I was watching my split time going the wrong way on every straight/fast bit from that point on.
My only hope was Max having a moment, but he was unlikely to have an unforced error - I'm pretty pleased as I was managing to stay within a few tenths on almost every lap, well done Max.
Well done also to Jonzo for 3rd and to those who managed to reach the line for managing to beat the car and circuit. At the 'ring the main race is always against the track!

As for ACC, a lot of attention is there at the moment - but the game is in such a state I can't see that attention staying away from AC for long.
It looks fantastic on the monitor, but I've yet to try it in VR due to all the complaints and slating it's currently getting.
I honestly fail to understand why they picked an engine that doesn't support any of the key features sim racers look for - I have to assume it ports to console better/easier and is setting itself up to be the next GPL by simulating something far beyond the hardware most people can afford to run it on.... Undecided
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com