The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 02:18:22 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • ACC Zolder: June 12, 2019
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 - ACC Zolder Test Race - Jun 12  (Read 2255 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2019, 09:25:11 AM +0100 »

like nfsw mentioned, loved the way you had a first couple of laps opportunity in qually with a semi dry track that only got wetter as the session went on. Had a great real world feel about it. Also loved the brightening sky as the race progressed, kept admiring it everytime i blatted through t2/t3  Grin
The wet setup worked well in qually too, i was just a bit late switching over to it, even though i put wet tyres on my more aggressive setup first. But i kept getting spat onto the grass with the tweaked dry setup. The wet setup must have increased TC and ABS settings as it was a lot more stable and didnt spin up the wheels.
ACC is definitely a step up from AC for gt racing, they just need to iron out a few kinks.  Smiley 

A fuller grid of cars would be pretty epic. I am surprised so few ventured on to the server for the test. I didnt even get to race thanks to being dumped in the pitlane.

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2019, 09:43:29 AM +0100 »

Did anyone run in VR last night, if so how was it, performance wise.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2019, 10:01:01 AM +0100 »

Well that was interesting. The cars are more lively than they are in AC, which is good imho, although it does depend on the car. The AMG is particularly beastly and twitchy, compared to say the Porsche or the Lexus or the Honda. I haven't tried all the cars yet, so that will be fun.

The start was a failure with loads of people getting disconnected or failing to make the start.

Clearly lots of bugs and features missing from the game and particularly the multiplayer, like chat outside of the car, when you're in the garage, or showing you the race length before you race. It's also not obvious where you are supposed to engage the pit limiter (which I needed cause I was one lap short of fuel at the end!).

I ran with triples and find the HUD layout annoying cause everything useful is displayed at the edge of the edge monitors, e.g. positions, gear, revs, tyres, fuel, etc, there's nothing on the centre screen other than the terrible virtual mirror (warped unadjustable FOV and low quality compared to cockpit mirrors, which in most cars you cant see on triples cause they are off screen like all other games).

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2019, 10:18:41 AM +0100 »

It's also not obvious where you are supposed to engage the pit limiter (which I needed cause I was one lap short of fuel at the end!).

I ran with triples and find the HUD layout annoying cause everything useful is displayed at the edge of the edge monitors, e.g. positions, gear, revs, tyres, fuel, etc, there's nothing on the centre screen other than the terrible virtual mirror (warped unadjustable FOV and low quality compared to cockpit mirrors, which in most cars you cant see on triples cause they are off screen like all other games).

At the sign that says 50  Tongue
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2019, 10:21:34 AM +0100 »

I find FOV weird with most racing sims using triples. If you sit in your real car and see how much of the dash, mirrors and doors you can see from your driving seat, you can never seem to emulate that with FOV/screen spread properly. Its always a compromised view.  Undecided

As for the chat window, that worked for me for the first time. I could see the chat box on my farthest right edge of my right hand monitor!

I had auto pit limiter on, worked fine.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2019, 10:22:13 AM +0100 »

Simon, yes. GUI and ergonomics are in terrible condition in ACC. It's a biggest shame of game. I really hate it.

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2019, 12:57:03 PM +0100 »

At the sign that says 50  Tongue
LOL, yes, but there are about 3 lines entering the pit lane just to confuse you!

Is the pitlane speed limit really 30mph in real life cause it's almost not moving?! And as usual it seems ridiculously hard to find the exact pixel you need to stop at in the pit box!

I have the FOV at 18 on triples in ACC and then I move the seat back a bit in game, so its fairly close to what I have in AC, with the stretching on the side monitors, which I hate because it makes it harder to judge turn in and apex, but no chance of getting any mirrors on the screen other than virtual which is small and for some reason really low quality compared to the cockpit mirrors and like I said the FOV in the virtual mirror is ridiculous so judging distance is impossible as everything looks far away.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2019, 01:01:09 PM +0100 »

Also, what's with the setup loading/saving UI?! OMG! Save is the default so it's really easy to override existing setups when you want to load. It's just flipping awful. What were they thinking!?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2019, 01:12:36 PM +0100 »

Test race went ok for me, only problem I had was lack of practice and no idea where any of the buttons are! I just used default settings and tried to stay out of everyone elses way
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2019, 04:33:54 PM +0100 »

Also, what's with the setup loading/saving UI?! OMG! Save is the default so it's really easy to override existing setups when you want to load. It's just flipping awful. What were they thinking!?
No no! Fanboys sais , it's absolute normally to lost you setups in load- save screen! It's absolutely normally to click million times in car setup spinners, it's very good to search , being in race, pitstop menu from MFD screens and change tires clickbox is really good accessible and challenging! They loved an initiall car choice spinner, when to take your car , you must to see each car in fun sequence first! Very cool UI and disigners win.  Smiley Will it changed? Not sure! This game is for small childrens too. They loves to see many coloured pictures ans click millions times the mouse!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 04:37:27 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2019, 04:53:06 PM +0100 »

Does Baikal not like the UI?  Grin

The UI is trash and I have no idea how it got through design fase  Huh.

But besides that, it will be hard to go back to AC after this. The feel, graphics and FFB is miles better and the changeable conditions is something I've been wanting back in a sim since ages.

LOL, yes, but there are about 3 lines entering the pit lane just to confuse you!
Maybe it's like an aircraft carrier, miss the first cable, then at least you have 2 alternatives left.

Is the pitlane speed limit really 30mph in real life cause it's almost not moving?!
According to rule 132 of the Blancpain regulation 2016, the pitlane speed is indeed 50kph.

And as usual it seems ridiculously hard to find the exact pixel you need to stop at in the pit box!
so judging distance is impossible as everything looks far away.

Didn't this game have fully animated pit crew? All I saw was another stupid box.

I'm more surprised that nobody told them during the development...this might not be the best UI we've ever seen. Were there only yay-nodders in the testing phase?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2019, 06:08:24 PM +0100 »

I've not seen a pit crew member.
I'm also very pleased there was no rain in the race - as I have yet to find the pit menu when driving (not where I think Alexey is suggesting) so I'd have been stuck on slicks throughout.

I also loved the random wet qually, I was lucky and went out on the Wet setup - but only did one lap as my pit chief claimed slicks were better and all 4 tires were red by the end of the first flying lap.
So I loaded a dry setup and went slower as I couldn't get heat into my tires. 3 laps later I started some very believable aquaplaning and sliding as the weather worsened so quit and went back to my wets.
I was quicker than the slicks but as the track had got so much wetter I couldn't improve on my first flying lap.

The race went well given that the Jaaaaaaag turns out to have the worlds longest 1st gear.
I could easily stay with Simon until we reached the fiddly chicanes behind the hill, and the hairpin - in both those locations Simon would just leap away from me as though I was in neutral. I think he very nearly rear ended me at one point while behind me because of this Cheesy

Further into the session and after some tweaking of the TC, ABS and bias I was mostly managing to match his laps times and not really dropping away as I was making considerable time in other areas. But I was pushing very hard to achieve this and eventually put myself into a wall so hard that my car was pretty much totalled.
I fought my way to the end only to discover that autosave for the replays is 'disabled by default' for online races Roll Eyes

So I've nothing to watch despite having a good fun scrap for 10 or 15 minutes with Simon at the start Sad

My first impression is very mixed as a result.

Didn't try VR this time Bob but intend to next time to see what happens Smiley
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2019, 06:42:26 PM +0100 »

Animated pit crew was introduced with update 0.6 or 0.7 iirc but was later removed due to some issues around it. It should be back anytime soon tho Cheesy
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2019, 10:55:14 PM +0100 »

Why is this event still listed under "Forthcoming"?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2019, 10:56:49 PM +0100 »

Because I need to get the results to Dave so he can think about an importer for this shiny new SIM.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com