The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 03:37:59 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • ACC Zolder: June 12, 2019
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 - ACC Zolder Test Race - Jun 12  (Read 2257 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2019, 08:38:14 AM +0100 »

Practise: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  30mins

Cars allowed:
All gt3 spec cars (not NSX,or porsche cup).

Track: Zolder, Belgium

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Dry with a shower expected  Wink
Start: Rolling - 2 by 2 formation by the time we reach last corner/sf straight
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Not required

Server track settings: ??

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:37:20 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 11:37:24 AM +0100 »

Don't you mean not Super Trofeo and 911 cup?
The NSX may be slow, but it's still a GT3 and is quite pleasent to drive.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 12:02:27 PM +0100 »

It's a bit irrelevant anyways as I've not worked out the car selection stuff, and it's very different from AC, so all cars will be available.

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 12:24:13 PM +0100 »

Sad Sad Sad Until they fix VR, if ever, won't be joining.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 12:38:51 PM +0100 »

Sad Sad Sad Until they fix VR, if ever, won't be joining.

Have you tried it recently Bob? VR worked fine for me last time i did try it. But i felt the poor resolution of the rift let down the stunning graphics so i am using my triples. My eyes take far less of a bashing too! The last two patches also had VR related fixes.

Also, generally to all, make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed. ACC runs super smooth and fast on my pc.

Not fussed what car you choose, if you want a slow one take one  Tongue But in the interests of a test race its better if we are all in the same car class.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 12:58:58 PM +0100 »

Sorry guys- i can't drive at this night  Sad
Have fun!  Smiley

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 01:02:29 PM +0100 »

Might try the Merc as not tried that one yet.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 01:06:59 PM +0100 »

Start: Standing
Not sure it's not a rolling start, and again I haven't seen where one might specify this. I assume the real series uses rolling starts?

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 01:08:16 PM +0100 »

I will be there tonight. Definitely the Aston for me Smiley

Unfortunately I cannot enjoy the fancy graphics as I have an old PC, I struggle to get a decent frame rate on AC if I use my triples. I have tried ACC off line in triple screen mode with every graphic setting set to low and it seems to just about cope, i might do tonights race in single screen, then try the next race in triple mode
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 01:15:41 PM +0100 »

latest drivers etc. for me ACC in VR is just unusable, tried yesterday with all recommended settings felt sick after 5mins, its a shimmering mess. Runs good on single screen in 4K. The rift is great in AC, PCars2 etc just not in ACC. So will sit out ACC until its fixed, if ever.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 01:24:31 PM +0100 »

This race will still go ahead as planned tonight, I wasn't hosting the test server on our main one so it's still available. I was going to move everything across before the race but for obvious reasons can't now.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 01:24:52 PM +0100 »

Start: Standing
Not sure it's not a rolling start, and again I haven't seen where one might specify this. I assume the real series uses rolling starts?

did wonder whether to put rolling as know the real series uses it. But happy with either, however it wants to do it!  But can we all try going in 2x2 rather than single file. Its always what i hated here in the old days as depending where you qualified you could already be 5-10 secs behind the front guys as soon as they crossed the line!

@bob, guess by the shimmering you mean the crap resolution? if so thats what put me off. I think you can edit the cfg file wherever that is and tweak the sharpness up higher like we did for AC  Undecided

Car wise, think i'll go for the F488 or the Pork. Not had time to try any others properly yet.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 01:44:16 PM +0100 »

I'm not even sure the game has an option for standing starts..

By shimmering I suspect Bob is referring to the constant micro freezes that occur at all times in VR, even if you're the only car in a practice session offline.

I might try the 2nd race in VR if they release any performance patches (they've released zero so far), but currently it c***s itself with so much as the 6 cars on track from the start of the career mode.

I'm stuck on a single screen atm. Looks nice but is rubbish Vs AC.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 02:33:01 PM +0100 »

I think it's rolling start only, but those are very exploitable. The game puts you on a speed limiter, but when you leave a gap just before it goes green, the game will give you a higher limiter to catch up, so when the lights go green your speed will be higher and you'll blast straight past everybody.

Also don't forget the speed limiter while pitting, the amount of DQ's I've got online as I flew through the pitlane  whistling .

I still find it a bit ambitious to have variable weather and pitstops on the first ACC race here, but I like those conditions, so I don't mind.

I was planning on taking the Merc, but seeing as Simon takes it, I'll try something else, maybe BMW or Bentley.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 02:38:37 PM +0100 »

I think it's rolling start only, but those are very exploitable. The game puts you on a speed limiter, but when you leave a gap just before it goes green, the game will give you a higher limiter to catch up, so when the lights go green your speed will be higher and you'll blast straight past everybody.
LOL, you naughty cheat you finding that one out! Wink

Also don't forget the speed limiter while pitting, the amount of DQ's I've got online as I flew through the pitlane  whistling .
Me too, even with the auto pit lane limiter on, which doesn't seem to work unless you've slowed down to the right speed first!
On the subject of DQs...if you do get DQ'd then most of the time you can quit out of the server and rejoin, so DQs aren't going to peturb wreckers because they can just rejoin. I reckon we should turn them off on the server for the time being so we don't lose people accidentally from some minor digression?! Is there something on the server to set what naughty things get which penalties?

I still find it a bit ambitious to have variable weather and pitstops on the first ACC race here, but I like those conditions, so I don't mind.
You're probably right, we could just do a normal race. Was thinking we can find the bugs in pit stops and other things whilst we're at it, but then I guess one variable at once!

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com