The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 10:25:32 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14 Mosport: June 19, 2019
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 - Lola’s at Mosport - Jun 19  (Read 1431 times)
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 09:44:04 PM +0100 »

Could not wake up. Slept too sweet  Smiley

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 11:35:09 PM +0100 »

Enjoyed that, a good combo  Smiley The Lola is a lovely beast to hussle about and sounds amazing  Cool

Only 6 plucky souls raced but it was short notice. Times were pretty close in qually.

Had a steady race in 3rd,  not quick enough to stay with fmg and Fabri, though I could see them ahead for most of the race, and with Jari keeping station about 5 secs behind me.
Finished 3rd with no spins   Smiley

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 10:16:07 AM +0100 »

So do we know if these car are

MKII 427 Ford?
MKII 305 Ford?
MKII 333 Chevrolet?
MKII 359 Chevrolet?

or something else? Doesn't matter pick one?

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 11:50:13 AM +0100 »

not sure Pete, not got access to the folders whilst at work. Cant you peak into the technical folder for the cars?

From the web:-
As with the Ford GT, a large capacity American V8 lay at the heart of most T70s. Though Ford units did feature in some examples, Chevrolet power was most popular. The 5-litre-plus Chevy units generated over 500bhp, but were defined by their torquey, progressive power delivery. Lola also dabbled with Aston Martin engines in ’67, but a disastrous Le Mans showing put an end to the all-British partnership. The T70 performed best when paired with American muscle.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 12:24:56 PM +0100 »

I'm asking because LM2 has these choices for the cars and it'd be best to get the right ones or get Dave to create more.

Not sure what you mean by "technical folder", the readme files don't make anything any clearer

frex

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 01:43:16 PM +0100 »

Had a free wednesday for once so tried the Ford and hopped on the server. Unfortunately Kimi spun at the end of lap one and we collided. Lost touch with the group ahead so dropped back to let kimi catch back up. We had a play for a bit, but I kept missing the upshift from 3rd to 4th for some reason, and eventually broke my gearbox. Nice cars to drive though. Congrats podium.

Btw, engines are:

Ford 289 (4.7 Litre)
Chevy 359 (5.9 Litre)

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 02:47:27 PM +0100 »

Funny and friendly cars, easy to drift too.
I had few times to test cars, given the race announcement with little notice. I intended to take the Lola Ford because she is lighter. So I took a few laps with her. But then I tried the one with the Chevrolet engine, and her sound excited me. Chevy has also more RPMs. So I took this.

I had the pole, but at start I was on outside part, so I lost the position. However I didn't worry much, I thought I had some chance of overtaking later.
I did the whole race chasing fmg. I think my car (Lola Chevy) was a little faster. Surely she was on the straight, where, using the slipstream, I could recover at least 3-4 tenths. It doesn't seem to me that my greater weight caused me problems in the corners.
In any case, I was never able to get closer to fmg to try something, I simply always followed him at 1-1.5 sec, throughout the race. So there was no battle. Just 2 cars close going often in a gentle drift.
I think that my car has more potential, I was only not able to push well.  angel

Car is not hard to drive, also near edge. The most dangerous thing is exit from pit lane, cause the huge and useless torque. It would be nice to see how she handles with a European engine, maybe with a nice Italian V12.

Who knows if that Lola is comparable in laptimes to some other prototype in AC (mod or not)? I tested something, but no idea of laptimes here.

The only sore point, the ugly animation of the arm during the gears-changes.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 06:59:13 PM +0100 »

So do we know if these car are

MKII 427 Ford?
MKII 305 Ford?
MKII 333 Chevrolet?
MKII 359 Chevrolet?

or something else? Doesn't matter pick one?

I'm 90% certain these are all from the CanAm 66 mod for GPL.

From the description in the readme the Chevy is the 359 (5.883l to be really pedantic), although it puts out less power than Surtee's car supposedly did, then again he was the only one to really tune the thing so we can consider this car to represent the 'best of the rest'.
The Ford isn't specified, but many displacements were used - given it makes 429Bhp it's most likely to be a hard tuned 305 at that point in history, the 289's weren't tuned that high very often back then as they wouldn't survive the 2 hour races and the 429 that did run in 66 only had 2 gears...
It uses the GT40 sounds though so you could just call it a 289 and be done with it Grin

Very nice cars to drive, the Chevy's exhaust note is fantastic both in the rift and through my HiFi when watching the replay on the telly. I'm going to have to find something good to replace the poor Ford sounds with if we use these in a championship. I seem to remember Fonseker did a GT40 set so I might try that and see how it sounds.
The race against Fabri was hard work, we were achieving pretty much identical lap times, but the cars were noticeably stronger in different bits of the track.
I spent the entire race driving as hard as I could to reach turn 5a with a decent enough lead on Fabri that he couldn't challenge at all there. That allowed me to take my preferred late entry into 5b (Moss) onto the back straight carrying as much speed as possible as I knew the Chevy powered car was so much quicker - If Fabri got close enough it would be impossible to prevent him passing me.

A good race, I'm sure people would enjoy these if we raced them in a CanAm based series.
MaxVeloce
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2019, 12:25:17 PM +0100 »

I will install this and give it a run soon (and post some feedback)...   definitely not against a series of this if they're good
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2019, 02:02:38 PM +0100 »

Definitely NOT the Ford 427 Pete Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2019, 02:14:46 PM +0100 »

Doh  Cry