The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 30, 2024, 12:58:55 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • ACC Barcelona: June 26, 2019
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 - Barcelona Blancpain Test Race - Jun 26  (Read 3796 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2019, 01:26:57 PM +0100 »

I wouldn't worry about the performance difference. The best people win in whatever car and people like things for all sorts of reasons. You won't get a field full of Bentleys imho, mainly cause it's butt ugly. Wink

A pit stop may be a good idea, because these are test races so let's change one variable from the last race and if it all goes wrong, the test will be well used.

I will do my best to attend as I really want to, but I have home life issues that may mean I can't.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2019, 02:07:27 PM +0100 »

okay as a couple of you have asked for a pitstop practise we can put a mandatory stop in (does Pete need to change any server setting?)

re car choices, the problem is it creates arguments like we got last time i ran a Blancpain style series. It was all amicable in season 1 but then in season 2 people started flinging mud about some drivers using faster cars  Sad Not a lot we can do about that, though assume you can add success or performance ballast to cars (is that an option in ACC?) - but can worry about all that in the future, not an issue now.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2019, 02:20:36 PM +0100 »

okay as a couple of you have asked for a pitstop practise we can put a mandatory stop in (does Pete need to change any server setting?)

Pitstops mandatory is not in server options . Server options is very basic now.  It will be just a good will race rule if we want to test it.   But i know that it working fine, just not cross pitlane with speed more than 50 km\hour. Use limitator. Or you'll got DQ. Test how it  works before the race, offline aprroved. Also we can extend race time up to 1 hour if we will use pitstop.
But in this case we'll cant save full race replay because of kunos limitation in 42 minutes of replay max  Grin

PS remark about "uber" Bentley 2018. I am sure if the Lexus will be in fast guy hands- it will be slower maximum in some (2-3-4) tenth, IMHO  Smiley
PPS to Pete. If you ( we) wish to have maximum ( optimum) grip in race- just set 3rd day for race session. Or 2nd day but after qualy or practice sessions .
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 02:42:24 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2019, 03:51:50 PM +0100 »

Can we set a pit window? ie make everyone pit around 20-25mins for instance? Just trying to keep cars closer on track for now rather than random stops at any point in race which can ruin the flow/racing. (as its a test race). if the sim cant enforce it then i'll just state that as the race rule for now.  Race distance can stay as 40mins until we ever get bigger grids/proper series going.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2019, 04:14:17 PM +0100 »

-Can we set a pit window?
-No  devil
-Can we set cheat control?
-No  devil
-Can we set helps off?
-No  devil
-Can we set autorace start car script off?
-No  devil
Any questions else  lol?
Mark, just set your rules , relacs and enjoy the race  yes
Dont forget to make a finish screenshoot after all finished and it will be your admins privilege  Wink  

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 04:18:12 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2019, 04:29:18 PM +0100 »

Last race wasn't really a proper test IMO. I'd like this race to have the variable of, disconnected before the start, turned off :p. Pitstops will be tested with changeable weather anyway, as that will force a pitstop. Don't see the added benefit of having a pitstop in a dry race, which we normally never have anyway.

I think Bentley, lexus, Audi and lambo are all pretty close and the fastest from what I can tell by testing them at Silverstone.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2019, 05:28:31 PM +0100 »

I don't see why people whine and moan about balance of performance in a simulator that simulates real racing, where one or 2 cars/teams always dominate..
If we're going to complain about anything shouldn't it be 'why aren't the audis always winning?'

Also a bit like constantly having optimum grip, a condition that rarely, if ever, happens in real life and then complaining about not going as fast as on arcade grip level - this isn't gran turismo Roll Eyes

At the moment I'm dreading pit stops because I still haven't found anyway of selecting tires/fuel from in car. Alexey's suggestion doesn't work and the help menu gives no hints either. If a race goes dry to wet then I'll probably quit if my only choice is to continue on slicks...
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2019, 05:48:03 PM +0100 »

At the moment I'm dreading pit stops because I still haven't found anyway of selecting tires/fuel from in car. Alexey's suggestion doesn't work and the help menu gives no hints either.
OMG! May be its just because you driving in VR only?
Many ways still here- Press Ins keyboard key so many times untill pit menu will appear on MFD screen (being in track), or press wheel maped key for MFD screens circle. Then use arrow keyboard keys for navigate here.
It must to work.  Smiley
And very last- when you enter to pitlane from track ( in race!) , pitstop menu will appear automatically .
About track conditions progress- they simulating full 3 days weekend routine , when they realized a grip progression rising ( aka real things) They told else, that rain in race will erace the rubbering and we will got a green again and cars will do optimal ( ideal track) in real time from scratch.      
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 06:04:54 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2019, 08:13:36 PM +0100 »

blimey, is there already a known pecking order between the cars performance? That'll ruin things from the start for multiplayer racing Sad what happened to BoP?!
I havent even tried 90% of the cars yet  Cry

ACC uses the offiicial Blancpain BoP from 2018, which is one of the best BoP's I know of.
My experience so far is that there's no "uber car" like Baikal wrote. The Bentley is a noce car to drive but for sure not the best car for every track.

I'm looking forward to wednesday, although I'm a bit worried about the weather forecast which predicts 40 degree celcius for my area Grin
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:05:46 PM +0100 by nfsw55 » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2019, 08:57:46 PM +0100 »

Due to the utter rubbish of the unreal engine I've almost entirely driven using my monitor.
There's been a tiny improvement since the last update so as we'll probably only get 6-8 drivers I was going to try racing in VR.

However, in my MFD I have 2 seperate timing screens, and a car electronics screen available in both VR and in normal monitor mode - nothing else. I've tried every available option when pressing F2 and that made no difference either.
Nothing appears when entering put lane either.

I've currently deleated the entire game and all of its settings files from my computer.
Originally I intended to reinstall but frankly I can't be be bothered with it.
Maybe I'll put it back on in time for the race on weds, maybe I won't.
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2019, 09:05:09 PM +0100 »

That sounds strange, the pit stop menue should appear right after the car electronics screen Huh
MaxVeloce
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2019, 09:19:58 PM +0100 »

Due to the utter rubbish of the unreal engine I've almost entirely driven using my monitor.

I've currently deleated the entire game and all of its settings files from my computer.
Originally I intended to reinstall but frankly I can't be be bothered with it.

That's pretty much where I'd previously got to with it too, so I understand your frustration Sad

I do have a day off tomorrow(yay),  so I'm going to do a fresh install of it,  maybe try a few custom ini settings I saw on the official forum, and see if I can get it to run well.  If it doesn't then that'll be it for a while, since I sold my superwide gaming monitor ages ago and have no intention of buying another.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2019, 09:29:40 PM +0100 »

Gee this place is overflowing with positivity  laugh

The pit stop can be optional, I don’t really care, it’s a test race so upto you. I haven’t even tried a stop yet.  Likewise car choice, drive what you want, any performance advantage isn’t gong to matter unless you are utterly determined to win the race.

I tried the Aston v12 and Bentley tonight, liked both cars but really enjoyed hustling the Big Bentley. I prefer it’s cockpit view and sounds great so I may take that  Smiley but will try a couple more tomorrow hopefully.

I couldn’t find our server no matter what iteration of simracing I tried  helpsmilie what is it listed as?

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2019, 09:46:30 PM +0100 »

I couldn’t find our server no matter what iteration of simracing I tried  helpsmilie what is it listed as?
It should be called "SimRacingOrgUk Practice". I took the full stops out as Kunos's search algorithm can't understand them. I was also swapping between 2 Raspberry Pi's to upgrade my Pihole this evening although that shouldn't have broken the server. I have restarted it anyway just in case.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2019, 08:29:59 AM +0100 »

Thanks Pete, i have added that to the first race post so people can find it.  angel

By the way i only managed low 1:47's with 40L fuel in both cars last night using the safe setup. So still plenty of pace for me to find, but both new cars to me and first time i've driven this track in ACC. A couple of the slower corners feel really slow & clumsy on this latest track version  Undecided  I hate that final section, what were the circuit owners thinking?!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com