The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 11:03:20 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • ACC Barcelona: June 26, 2019
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 - Barcelona Blancpain Test Race - Jun 26  (Read 3770 times)
frex

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2019, 10:34:38 AM +0100 »

Promising. A lot to like and I'm sure it will only get better, but also some annoying niggles at the moment. After a bit of fiddling I have got it feeling acceptable now for the most part, although only tried a couple of the cars so far. Some kerbs in one of those cars felt just plain wrong, but I think this is already known. In the 488 I had no such problems and am beginning to enjoy the driving. I like the setup screens now, much better than AC (except for the ridiculous combined Save/Load button - I've never managed to load a setup successfully as I always forget and overwrite it by pressing save instead and then have to build it up again from scratch). And I like the driver code/position indicator on the windscreens - I guess the real cars have this but it makes watching the replays much nicer as you always know who you're looking at and where they are in the race. Litte things..

but Frex unfortunately clumped me off track in the 2nd lap.

Sorry again. Still getting used to the differences in the cars and misjudged it. I got some loss of front downforce after that, hope you weren't too badly affected. Understeered off a bit later and got some big damage so thought I may as well try a stop - this went fine except my hotkey for pit limiter didn't work. I had to cycle through the HUD screen with the arrow keys to activate it which is not ideal. Will have to work it out properly next time. But yeah, promising.

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2019, 10:49:11 AM +0100 »

Did anyone try it in VR?
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2019, 12:03:26 PM +0100 »

That race went much better than the first one at Zolder. No issues or server disconnects on my side this time.
I picked the 2018 Nissan which has good cornering speed but suffers on the long straight. Nevertheless I quite like how it drives.
I could keep up with Jeff for the first few laps, but later he slowly drove away. After some mistakes from my side the gap was quite big, so I was surprised when I saw yellow flags and Jeff's McLaren parked on the track in the wrong direction two or three laps before the end. So it was a nice (but a little undeserved) win for me in the end.
For the next time a race into the darkness would be perfect tt1
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2019, 12:16:10 PM +0100 »

I didnt see Jeffs car parked up...fuel?  does that mean i finished on the podium?  Smiley

Yes an evening race turning into darkness can be the next test race.  Cool

8 racers last night, if we can encourage a few more in it'll be better still. Invite anyone you know. Bob, Fmg and Max were also all missing last night.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2019, 12:16:58 PM +0100 »

Did anyone try it in VR?
I didn't find the server in time so no, sorry.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2019, 01:29:54 PM +0100 »

enjoyed that although I was well off the pace due to only 12 mins practice (and it was the first time I had been on the new layout with the tight 90' corners at the end.

Due to my ancient PC I have been running AC with all the graphic settings on low to enable me to run triples (I struggle to get above 35 fps). But with ACC I set all the graphics settings to low and it gives me really low graphic detail (like playing 90's games) but seems to give a higher fps than AC!

Still getting up to speed on ACC, but am starting to like it now, just need to sort out the FFB/work out where all the buttons are and get a big chunk of tracktime.
MaxVeloce
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2019, 02:05:06 PM +0100 »

Well I did try it before the race, but the VR stuff still isn't that good. A stupid thing that annoys the heck out of me is the menus,  most times when I start the game they are not perpendicular to your viewpoint, so one end is further away than the other. I can fix it by exiting the game and re-running the room setup for VR,  but it always goes wanky again after a short time.  Then of course the HUD in car does the same thing. I read it was now possible to fix that using the "center VR" button, and wow, it does actually straighten the HUD,  but then I ended up with the right hand side of it in the middle of the screen, and the left side so far away I could barely see it...  

Controller settings also seem a bit cranky,  I set it all up with my wheel / pedals / button box.  Then after driving a lap or 2 I wanted to adjust my FFB settings, so I went and did that, and the stupid thing reset all the controls I'd assigned to the button box to random buttons on the wheel...

Unbelievable really as I never had any of these problems with AC, that just works right every time.

I did manage to get a pretty solid 90fps racing 15 AI,  only dropped a few fps on the formation lap where they all bottled into the last chicane,  but even with most gfx settings on high and AA on its still a blurry low res mess, nothing like the lovely view I get in AC. Maybe I could tweak it better,  but hmph.

Verdict,  as much as I want to join in and race it,  I'm not wasting time driving that garbage right now, and will wait for them to fix it properly.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2019, 04:51:30 PM +0100 »

I'm not missing by choice, I've said before it runs decent on my monitor, having bought ACC on the promise of VR implementation and what in reality is a shimmering mess, I feel somewhat let down by Kunos. I read the ACC forum every day and notice that just about every post that is critical is speedily removed. Watched a review this morning on UTube and it confirmed everything that is being complained about. VR is just not usable yet, if it ever will be is any ones guess.  Looking forward to AC this Sunday, just hope not too many Wednesday nights are missing AC in the future A new post just now on ACC forum says Public Beta 1.0.5 the worst yet. That won't last long. Grin Grin
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:52:01 PM +0100 by Bob » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2019, 05:29:46 PM +0100 »

I didnt see Jeffs car parked up...fuel?  does that mean i finished on the podium?  Smiley

Can spun on a curb. The curb physics are pretty buggy, which they are trying to fix, but I never noticed it before today. Car was unsaveable when it started to go around. I stalled it and no matter what combo I tried, it didn't start again, so I guess I'll go to auto start system.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2019, 05:43:27 PM +0100 »

Jeff.
When they stall the electrics can mess up. It also needs to be in neutral and stationary. Or the electrics won't turn back on to let the starter do it's thing.

Seems to be something of a bug, technically you should be able to turn the ignition off on a straight and leave the car in gear - it would re-fire the instant the power came back on as long as you were still moving (I think GTR did this).
Not in ACC though.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2019, 07:43:22 PM +0100 »

Can a few of you please confirm what car you were in last night. Just want to double check the JSON data. TVM.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2019, 08:17:31 PM +0100 »

Jeff.
When they stall the electrics can mess up. It also needs to be in neutral and stationary. Or the electrics won't turn back on to let the starter do it's thing.

Seems to be something of a bug, technically you should be able to turn the ignition off on a straight and leave the car in gear - it would re-fire the instant the power came back on as long as you were still moving (I think GTR did this).
Not in ACC though.

Yeah I know, but it seems to be different every time, sometimes I can reengage in gear, and other times I can't. Might as well free up 2 buttons and leave it on auto, as I don't think it helps in any way to have it manually.

@Pete: McLaren
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2019, 08:19:43 PM +0100 »

I was in the porker  Smiley Simon and nfsw were in a Nissan GTR, Frex was in a Ferrari (I think?) and Spanner was in a BMW. Not sure what Jeff and Alexey were in.

Im surprised at the comments about VR as my Rift worked fine in ACC even in much earlier releases. I stopped using it by choice as I couldn't get it as sharp as I had it in AC (don't know where to edit the relevant setting) and so the cruddy resolution was letting the tasty gfx down.  Undecided  But understand its not perfect, but it worked okay. (I haven tried it on the last release as i've configured it all for my triples...as best as I can so far).

To call the sim garbage is daft, its excellent on a lot of levels, and just needs the bug fixing or UI improvements for starters. I've had several cracking seat of the pants races already with it using the online servers.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2019, 09:18:09 PM +0100 »

i was in the aston
MaxVeloce
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2019, 09:27:23 PM +0100 »

To call someone else's opinion daft because they have had a different experience of the game to you is daft  Tongue

Anyway, not wanting to start an argument, just disappointed that such simple things (UI / control settings) don't work right in the retail release, and for me that + the rather crappy VR gfx / fps is ruining the game.  A shame because early releases were just the same and yet they still havn't fixed such basic issues despite countless people complaining of it for months on the official forums.

Still hoping they will hurry up and fix it, because from what little I have played the physics are good and the wet racing is just fantastic,  but I'm not gonna waste my restricted gaming time on something that is half broken and frustrating to use still.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com