by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 07:55:57 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19MSS Hockenheim: July 08, 2019
July 08, 2019, 08:31:47 PM +0100 - Hockenheim (National) - UKGTL Season 19 2019 Monday Summer Special's
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus Cortina (#955) TC-65 D2 1 1:47.008
77.051mph
1 25:12.535
76.317mph
14 1:47.166
76.938mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Lotus Cortina (#911) TC-65 D2 2 +1.076
76.284mph
2 +17.619
75.438mph
14 1:48.233
76.179mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Lotus Cortina (#921) TC-65 D2 5 +3.236
74.790mph
3 +38.953
74.401mph
14 1:48.911
75.705mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Falcon (#872) TC-65 D2 4 +2.640
75.196mph
4 +43.206
74.197mph
14 1:48.658
75.881mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#597) TC-65 D2 3 +2.455
75.323mph
5 +44.235
74.148mph
14 1:49.430
75.346mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Lotus Cortina (#961) TC-65 D2 7 +5.840
73.064mph
6 +51.563
73.801mph
14 1:49.543
75.268mph
Dunlop  
mikeharley

Lotus Cortina (#955) TC-65 D2 8 +6.615
72.566mph
7 +1:08.752
72.999mph
14 1:50.224
74.803mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Lotus Cortina (#924) TC-65 D2 6 +4.179
74.155mph
8 +1:29.828
72.038mph
14 1:50.364
74.708mph
Dunlop  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 2019 Monday Summer Special's - Hockenheim - Jul 8  (Read 1038 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2019, 12:34:10 PM +0100 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

Practice: ~19:25 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:25 (5 mins) Only one hot lap allowed
Race 1: 20:30 (14 laps)

Track: Hockenheim (National) Standard GTL track

Cars allowed: Alfa Romeo GTA, Lotus Cortina, Mini Cooper S, Ford Falcon Sprint

Cars restrictions: Choose one make per race. You may not use the same make in Race's 1 and 2

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Summer
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start time.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 03:19:16 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 03:18:45 PM +0100 »

I'm adding the Ford Falcon Sprint to this race and all the others, just to provide a bit more choice  shifty

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 10:31:00 PM +0100 »

I'm adding the Ford Falcon Sprint to this race and all the others, just to provide a bit more choice  shifty

Is the Sprint a standard car Tony? - I only have a Ford Falcon Sprint 351 & Ford Falcon, but can only join the server with the latter.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 11:20:08 PM +0100 »

Is the Sprint a standard car Tony? - I only have a Ford Falcon Sprint 351 & Ford Falcon, but can only join the server with the latter.
Yep, standard car. It's folder calls it Ford F Sprint. Two cars available, one red, one blue. #'s are 825 & 872.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 08:07:46 PM +0100 »

Hi will not race tonight as still have problem with Gt driving force wheel randomly goes full
lock, correct this and wheel goes full lock in other direction, Googled but nothing, only about wheel
oscillation. I have uninstalled and reinstalled wheel with logitech lgs510 and reset computer anybody had this problem?

Hope you all have a good race.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 09:48:17 PM +0100 »

Is it a Logitech G25?
If so, it might be an issue with the encoder disk, which might need cleaning..  Sounds technical but it isn't...I did it!!  Roll Eyes
There are a few videos on you tube about dismantling and cleaning which are very helpful. At worst the encoder disk might be broken, but there are sources for new ones.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 10:13:08 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 06:25:31 AM +0100 »

Two unsuccessful but funny events.

Race One a nearly race long battle with Mike for last place. Sorry for some tabs Mike. Close racing but struggling with the Cortina setup.

Race Two being sandwiched after the start and dropped to last. After a few laps road was suddenly blocked by Tony, Geoffers and Mike battling for places.
Could not avoid Mike - sorry again mate.  Tongue  Then slowly got closer again to Mike and eventually passed him near the final stage of the race but lost the car some
corners later while chasing Tony in the Falcon. As the Alfa setup was even slippery than the Cortina's I decided to quit as I didn't want to be a further safety risk.  Embarrassed

Thanks for organizing to all involved.  thumbup1

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 09:17:44 AM +0100 »

For me, this ad hoc series is proving to be great fun. I think that Tony's addition of the Falcon was inspired as it introduced something that really spices things up.
Just as saloon racing in the 60's and 70's saw Minis and Falcons ( and Galaxies ) fighting things out on track, we now have the chance to enjoy the same spectrum of performance. The straight line speed of the Falcon vs the handling of the Cortina and Mini was from different ends of the spectrum.

I just had to use the Falcon in race 1, and was surprised that I was pitched against a field almost exclusively Cortinas. Not too surprised to be near the front of grid over single lap qualifying with the outright speed of the Falcon as tyre wear in the 14 laps was going to be the deciding factor.

Apologies for the bad start....Once again my shifter was reluctant to engage 1st gear ( it also missed a downshift or two later in the race too?? ). I had to use all of the available American muscle to get myself back in contention through the first half lap. A lap or two following Erling's Cortina, whilst I could see Geoffers easing away up ahead was frustrating until I got myself into position to use the brute force of the Falcon to blast past......very satisfying  Wink. But after that I had the headache of defending every corner against Erling's better braking and corner speed and trying to get far enough ahead on the straight bits ( I thought I showed exceptional driving ability on those straights  Roll Eyes ) to stay ahead at the next braking zone. For once it was not the tyres that gave out first but the brakes, which I had been abusing and I ran out of anchors allowing Erling to escape. Bob and Tony took advantage of my trip into the gravel to get past and I had a couple of fun laps chasing down Tony until I could use the V8 power again and then Bob, who was very reluctant to give up his 3rd spot. Eventually I made the pass, but by now my tyres were joining the brakes as candidates for the scrap bin, and I thought I had just enough to hold him off to the flag.......but in the penultimate corner the rear end, under extreme attention from Bob's Cortina, just would not stick and I spun and gave him the podium spot.
Wrestling the Falcon was just huge fun and the result was not as big as the enjoyment.

Race 2
I could not use the Fabulous Falcon again, so opted for the Alpha and adapted my setup from Donington, which worked quite well.
Again my shifter refused to recognise 1st gear  Undecided so I was  swamped off the grid and had to chase the pack again. Geoffers would soon be marching up from the back of the grid and I was keen to chase after Erling in his Alpha and maybe get ahead. Catching Erling was relatively easy...passing him proved more of a problem, as I no longer had that lovely V8 Falcon power. For lap after lap there were 30% opportunities but nothing I could risk going for without taking us both off track. All the time Geoffers, who was by now up to 3rd, was closing and was going to be a real threat.
I felt that I could maybe go a little faster, if only Erling's Alpha was not parked on the apex of each corner  Roll Eyes. But no matter what lines or tactics I tried I could not find a genuine passing opportunity... and Geoff was getting closer  scared
Once again , I asked too much of the rear tyres and the tail would not stick provoking a spin in a cloud of blue smoke. Geoffers did not need a second invitation and swept past.
The rest of the race was a fruitless chase after the usual pair up ahead.
Like I said in post race chat.....if I could only eliminate the dumb mistakes I might improve my results, but what would be the fun in that?? lol

Grats to both podiums and all finishers....really enjoying this series Tony  ( thus far  Roll Eyes )

Rank   Only when I sweat
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 09:38:11 AM +0100 »

Thanks for reply Clive will look at youtube.

Glad you all had some interesting racing.

Grats to Geoffers and Erling on race wins

Grats to Podiums
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 09:43:48 AM +0100 »

several videos about like this one Rog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCSTOb28Ero

Rank   Only when I sweat
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 11:53:41 AM +0100 »

several videos about like this one Rog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCSTOb28Ero

I changed a faulty encoder disc with my G25 successfully in February following that youtube instruction
(did not order the spare part in Thailand but found it at ebay).
Thus far it's working fine.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 02:52:17 PM +0100 »

Hi Thanks for replies,  LOL just woke up to the fact my wheel is a Logitech driving force GT, BUT thanks to the replies realize i have a G27 wheel somewhere in the back of my shed, so will dig it out this evening. Never liked it as lack of buttons on wheel.   
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 06:02:59 PM +0100 »

Totally agree, great fun driving these again.

Went with the Mini & Cortina again, but in testing here I was faster in the Mini so used the Cortina in race 1 & promptly went  nearly three-quarters of a second faster in qually than I had done in testing, so now the Cortina was quicker. With Clive in a Falcon I thought I needed a good start , got away quite well & with Clive having gear selection issues I was able to pull out a tidy lead before he could use the Falcon power. Looked like he was having a good dice with Erling behind allowing me to build a good cushion & I was able to string several 1.47 laps together & come home well ahead.

Race 2 wasn't quite as difficult as it could have been as several drivers didn't record a time in qually so I was 6th on the grid instead of last. Got another good start & was 3rd into T1 but on a tight line which slowed me somewhat & Clive & Tony both got past. Tony's Falcon proved difficult to pass & it took about 3 attempts before I could make the pass stick. By then Matt, Erling & Clive were quite a way ahead & I thought that 4th would probably be the best I could do until first Matt & then Clive spun out & I was up to 2nd chasing Erling. Did manage to bring the gap down but would have needed another 4-5 laps to catch him let alone attempt a pass.

Congrats to Erling, Bob & Clive on their podiums.  clap clap clap   Roll on Magny Cours next week. thumbup1
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 07:54:37 PM +0100 »

Result_Race 1

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com