by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 05:23:02 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19MSS Mondello Park: July 22, 2019
July 22, 2019, 09:11:27 PM +0100 - Mondello Park (National) - UKGTL Season 19 2019 Monday Summer Special's
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus Cortina (#955) TC-65 D2 1 1:03.751
64.889mph
1 23:57.242
63.322mph
22 1:03.760
64.880mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Alfa Romeo GTA (#958) TC-65 D2 2 +0.522
64.362mph
2 +19.399
62.479mph
22 1:04.090
64.546mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Lotus Cortina (#911) TC-65 D2 3 +19.871
62.458mph
22 1:04.571
64.065mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Lotus Cortina (#921) TC-65 D2 4 +57.073
60.903mph
22 1:05.655
63.008mph
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Alfa Romeo GTA (#907) TC-65 D2 4 +2.269
62.659mph
5 +57.327
60.893mph
22 1:04.577
64.059mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Falcon (#872) TC-65 D2 6 +3.918
61.132mph
6 +1L
59.720mph
21 1:06.292
62.402mph
Dunlop  
jammerjoh

Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#597) TC-65 D2 5 +2.448
62.490mph
7 +0.581
59.696mph
21 1:05.218
63.430mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lotus Cortina (#961) TC-65 D2 3 +0.974
63.913mph
8 +17L 5 1:06.824
61.905mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 2019 Monday Summer Special's - Mondello Park - Jul 22  (Read 938 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2019, 12:46:10 PM +0100 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

Practice: ~20:55 (5 mins)
Qualifying: ~21:00 (5 mins) Only one hot lap allowed. Winner of Race 1 is not allowed to set a time in Qualy.
Race 2: ~21:05 (22 laps)

Track: Mondello Park (National) Standard GTL track

Cars allowed: Alfa Romeo GTA, Lotus Cortina, Mini Cooper S, Ford Falcon Sprint

Cars restrictions: Choose one make per race. You may not use the same make in Race's 1 and 2

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Summer
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Note early race start time.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 03:20:50 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 10:04:26 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 10:41:43 PM +0100 »

Gentlemen Driving

You won't read anything in our rules about Gentlemen Driving. But it is a minimum standard that UKGTL requires from it's drivers.

Should a driver gain an advantage from a collision that they caused, then that driver is obliged to slow down and allow the victim a chance to take back the lost place. This should occur within three laps of the incident.

Or a driver can elect to take a voluntary pit lane drive thru, again within 3 laps of the original incident.

Penalties for not allowing a victim to retake a lost place, due to a collision that was not their fault, generally attracts a three/four place drop, if the incident is reported.

Lets keep it fun Gents, but play fair, Ok?  thumbup1

Thanks for reading

WT
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:42:33 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 11:33:49 PM +0100 »

Sorry about our contact Tony, but I just couldn't pass up T-Boning that big Falcon you were in.........Got you good didn't I?  Worth the waiting for you................LOL

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 02:56:59 AM +0100 »

Sorry about our contact Tony, but I just couldn't pass up T-Boning that big Falcon you were in.........Got you good didn't I?  Worth the waiting for you................LOL

Bob M.
My privilege Sir. Usually you just blast by me.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 08:30:49 AM +0100 »

I was involved in a tangle with Tony and another car that seemed to like blocking and paint swapping more than most  Roll Eyes
not sure who's fault it was that Tony was shoved round, but I stopped and waited anyway, and then lost it
twice trying to catch up, then stuffed it into a wall and left as it wasn't fun anymore. Shame, as I was quickest
in the Tina which I could drive here, though I was struggling with it at other tracks, weird  Huh

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 11:20:56 AM +0100 »

Grats to the usual suspects who are generally in a different time zone to the rest of us, and to all who survived to the finish.

Good to see Dan on the grid again. His demon launch of the Falcon off the grid certainly set up the order for the first race. In the early laps it was very entertaining to watch Geoff working his Mini hard to find a way past that enormous Falcon ( Meanwhile Erling was scampering away, with a clear road in first place!!). I lost count of the number of times that Geoff got his tiny buzz box alongside Dan in a corner and looked set to complete the pass, only for Dan to turn on the gas and get ahead before the next braking point. It was all very amusing until......Dan made a small error and Geoff was through and after Erling.
Then it was not so amusing, because I was faced with the Dan's huge rear end!!! Roll Eyes
I was amazed how Dan was keeping that tank on the road with tyres that I guessed were suffering considerable abuse. Every time I thought he had blown it, and was running wide, he somehow got the beast back on the tarmac at the very last moment and nailed the gas. My Cortina was much more nimble but I could not match his horsepower advantage. Then he got a rear wheel on the grass and I had the opening, but Geoff and Erling were by now almost 20 secs ahead.
I was not going to catch them unless they fell over each other, and was resigned to being 3rd at best. Even then Dan did not give up, and every time I built a small gap and eased off a little he loomed large in the mirror again  Undecided. So I had to push until Dan finally made a bigger error and I was safe to cruise in 3rd.

Race 2
I had the Alpha for this race ,which I knew was quicker in my hands than the Cortina, so I was hoping for a decent result. Then Geoffers posted an insane time in his Cortina!! which was deflating. Erling was starting last, so that gave me an opportunity.... maybe?
OK, so watch out for Demon Dan and his electric start.
I tucked in behind Geoff at the start and I think I denied Dan the room for a lunge up the inside at T1.
 At this point I would like to apologise to Geoff for the nudge that spun him around at T1.  I did joke in post race chat about being paid to "take him out" by anonymous donors, but I believe there was a more physical element from behind that encouraged me into his Cortina. I have not looked at the replay yet, so this is just a gut feeling. So I waited for Geoff and rejoined the race dead last  Undecided
Geoff must have had a dose of red mist because he took off like a scalded cat and I just could not live with his pace no matter how I tried  I Am Not Worthy We passed a few incidents that elevated us very quickly through the field until there was a chance of a podium for me. Erling had also benefitted from other's misfortune and after being passed by Geoff was sitting in second place. Gradually I reeled him in and there was then many laps of harrying that Cortina hoping for a small mistake and a chance to pass. I knew I was quicker, but that is of no use if the track ahead is defended as well as Erling was doing.
Then I pushed a little too hard, dropped a wheel onto the grass and did a 360 spin  Undecided I lost about 7 secs but retained 3rd place with around 9? laps to go. I was catching Erling over the next few laps, but not fast enough to get to him before the finish.

Then I witnessed a rare thing gentlemen, no! I swear that I saw it and the replay will confirm this anomoly in the space time continuum. Erling made a big mistake at T1 all on his own!!!!! Oh yes he did!! and with about 4 laps to go I was back on his tail, with a sniff of second place available.
I was hoping he would make another mistake and gift me 2nd place, but I would have to wait an eternity for 2 mistakes in a race, so I focused on the one part of the lap where I felt I was just a fraction quicker.
Last lap, and the final 3 corners were where it had to happen. So I set up the attack and went for it, getting alongside Erling under braking for the final turn and taking the inside line to emerge onto the straight in 2nd place with just the few hundred metres to the flag.
I hope that my final lunge did not cause any contact Erling, from my side it was tight but I felt no contact? If there is an issue, please submit a report and I will accept whatever.

Once again this series has produced some enthralling races with 4 cars very evenly matched for pace, but each entirely different....brilliant fun  Grin
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 12:46:45 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 11:40:01 AM +0100 »

Then I witnessed a rare thing gentlemen, no! I swear that I saw it and the replay will confirm this anomoly in the space time continuum. Erling made a big mistake at T1 all on his own!!!!! Oh yes he did!!
You need to see his Strictly Cortina pirouette at the last turn. A rare moment indeed.

Vild med dans
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 11:42:15 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 11:46:59 AM +0100 »

I hope that my final lunge did not cause any contact Erling, from my side it was tight but I felt no contact? If there is an issue, please tell Tony and I will accept whatever.
Do NOT tell Tony. If anyone has a grievance, post race, they should file an Incident Report which will be investigated by someone in the Moderators team.

I do not moderate UKGTL races. I do some moderating for one of our other leagues if called upon to do so.

jammerjoh

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 11:56:20 AM +0100 »

sometimes its difficult to avoid contact right?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 12:07:41 PM +0100 »

sometimes its difficult to avoid contact right?
Indeed

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 12:43:45 PM +0100 »

I hope that my final lunge did not cause any contact Erling, from my side it was tight but I felt no contact? If there is an issue, please tell Tony and I will accept whatever.
Do NOT tell Tony. If anyone has a grievance, post race, they should file an Incident Report which will be investigated by someone in the Moderators team.

I do not moderate UKGTL races. I do some moderating for one of our other leagues if called upon to do so.

Apologies Tony. I ought to have chosen my words more carefully, being a moderator myself in another league.  death

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 12:58:33 PM +0100 »

...Then I witnessed a rare thing gentlemen, no! I swear that I saw it and the replay will confirm this anomoly in the space time continuum. Erling made a big mistake at T1 all on his own!!!!! Oh yes he did!! ain this series has produced some enthralling races with 4 cars very evenly matched for pace, but each entirely different....brilliant fun  Grin

I've gone into therapy....     And Tony (who's now fluent in Danish), is right; it was actually my 2ND - and smaller - mistake in the race!!!

Race 1:
Jammerjoh posted an ominously quick pole time, but got slow off the line, allowing me to grab the lead. Eased away from Dan in his barge, who was holding up Geoffers. Excellent, from my POV, and I hadn't even slipped him a brown envelope..   Alas, wouldn't really have gotten my money's worth, as the little green sewing machine soon broke free and inched closer lap by lap.  Could only try to go as fast as possible, and keep a tight line once he caught up.  When he did, I think he overshot under braking, losing momentum and dropping back a little.  Allowed me to stay ahead to the finish.  Winning race 1 would surely ruin race 2 (and my championship aspirations), so I should have let him past, if he didn't do it by himself.  However, I found it very difficult to roll over and play dead, when having the lead, so common sense took a backseat..

Race 2:
This was sure to be a pile of manure...    Gained some places at the start and found myself a very unlikely 3rd after T1.  Lost a place to Jammer and later did my pirouette as mentioned by Tony, dropping to 6th.  Got past Bob and gained another 2 places in the incident mentioned by Matt, when Tony was 'helped' off and Matt waited.  Back to 3rd then, and gifted 2nd when Jammer went off.  An intent Clive behind seemed to think that gift was dedicated to him, but I begged to differ!!  Relentless pressure, but I refused to budge.  He then spun, giving me a breather.  Was losing time subsequently, but just as I had reassured myself I had enough gap to get to the finish in 2nd, I went and locked up the wheels at T1, ploughing onto the grass  Roll Eyes cursing censored   Gap down to 2 secs then, and 3 laps to go.  Things went as Clive has described. After keeping him behind for so long, I couldn't do it for one bloody final corner...  manure indeed!!!     Minimal contact and a clean move Clive, so nothing for me to pester Tony or anyone else over...  Wink

Grats to Geoffers on the win, and to the other podiums in both races (including Clive, reluctantly..)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 06:07:06 PM +0100 »

Tfvbujm jltduo rbfchu hgbnnm hn jgfewqcc.

Whoops sorry slipped into my native tongue there for a minute.  Grin

Two fun races again in this series.

Race 1, not too good a start & got  swamped by Falcons & Cortinas, luckily everyone ahead seemed to outbrake themselves at T1 & I nipped through on the inside. Disputed T2 with Dan's Falcon but predictably lost out on the straight, a scenario that repeated itself several times over the opening laps. Eventually made the pass stick & left Dan to fight off Clive's advances, Erling was already several seconds ahead & pulling away as it took me another couple of laps to get into a rhythm. Once I got myself sorted I started to reduce the gap but a couple more mistakes left me too much to do & Erling deservedly took the win.

Race 2, with Erling at the back I had to make sure I won & hope Erling was lower than 2nd. Got away well & got to T1 ahead, noticed Clive & Dan arguing over 2nd in my mirror & closing under braking, thought I had made it into the turn OK but then got a bump from behind enough to spin me around. Clive waited so I presumed it was him that the culprit but at the end of the lap Dan too was cruising & let me past, so maybe it was a joint effort. Roll Eyes  Anyway it made the race more interesting. Soon caught & passed Bob & then got a bit lucky, first Erling had a rare "moment" at the final turn letting me through then the following lap Matt ran wide into the final turn whilst Tony & Jammer had a minor coming together further around the corner allowing me to pass Jammer on the S/F straight. Tony took a little more work though but after several neck & neck moments I got ahead. With several drivers then dicing for 2nd place I was able to make my escape & take the win. As a bonus Clive pipped Erling on the last lap, so looks good for the final races next week.

Congrats to Erling & Clive on the podiums.  clap clap
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 07:45:45 PM +0100 »

Result_Race 2

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: