by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 16, 2024, 06:20:01 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L19MSS Nürburgring: July 29, 2019
July 29, 2019, 08:31:46 PM +0100 - Nürburgring (Sprint) - UKGTL Season 19 2019 Monday Summer Special's
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#590) TC-65 D2 1 1:48.300
74.426mph
1 25:45.774
73.002mph
14 1:48.950
73.982mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Lotus Cortina (#911) TC-65 D2 2 +1.404
73.473mph
2 +16.964
72.209mph
14 1:49.371
73.697mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Falcon (#872) TC-65 D2 3 +2.201
72.943mph
3 +18.340
72.146mph
14 1:49.505
73.607mph
Dunlop  
jammerjoh

Lotus Cortina (#961) TC-65 D2 4 +3.026
72.403mph
4 +27.387
71.731mph
14 1:50.041
73.248mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Falcon (#872) TC-65 D2 5 +3.496
72.098mph
5 +40.113
71.155mph
14 1:50.972
72.634mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Alfa Romeo GTA (#956) TC-65 D2 6 +4.292
71.589mph
6 +1L 13 1:51.325
72.403mph
unknown
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Alfa Romeo GTA (#958) TC-65 D2 8 +6.351
70.303mph
7 +4L 10 1:51.083
72.561mph
engine
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Alfa Romeo GTA (#922) TC-65 D2 7 +4.661
71.355mph
8 +7L 7 1:52.080
71.916mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 19 2019 Monday Summer Special's - Nürburgring - Jul 29  (Read 1249 times)
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2019, 07:28:16 PM +0100 »

Result_Race 1

Cool

A big "Thank you" Tony for spontaneously organizing this summer series  thumbup1

Not very successful though  Huh it was a funny one.

Again had my private fight against the cut warnings which let me loose motivation in Race 2 after I finished Race 1
in the pits serving a stop & go penalty  Tongue

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 11:22:08 AM +0100 »

Yes, two really good races, in fact this whole mini series has been great fun, something we could maybe repeat after Nappe's series has finished.

Being 2 points behind Erling before this event realistically meant I had to beat him in both races to take the championship. Thought about taking the Alfa in one race to give myself more of a chance, but where is the fun in that.  nono

So race 1 in the Mini was going to be the bigger challenge I thought & when Clive took the lead in the Falcon I was convinced that my chances had gone. Was going to be very difficult to get past & slowing me in the turns would let Erling's Cortina in with a chance on the straights. Fortunately Erling made a mistake early on which gave me some breathing space & before he had caught  back up Clive ran wide at T3 & I was able to nip past. Just built enough of a lead before the long straights to hold on in front & was then able to pull away to a relieved victory. sweatdrop Now equal on points with Erling.

Race 2 from the back was really intense. Quickly got up to 3rd & had a couple of laps dicing with Jammer before he disappeared to be replaced by the Evil One  Shocked. When I ran wide in T3 which messed up my line through T4 Clive was past  & with Erling out in front my championship chances were slipping away. However Clive was on a mission & he quickly reeled in Erling & dragged me with him. The rest of the race was epic, Clive managed to find a way past The Professor & a lap later I was able to get past too. 2nd would have been good enough but Clive did not seem quite as quick as in the early laps & was starting to hold me up a little & I was concerned Erling would get a second wind & come back at me. So I continued to push hard & found a way past Clive, he continued to harry my rear end (!) until the final lap when he made a mistake which gave me just enough gap to be comfortable.

Congrats to Erling & Clive on race & championship podiums. clap clap

And thanks to Tony for organising this short series. I Am Not Worthy
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2019, 01:35:13 PM +0100 »

Quit soon after as I had lost the love for GTL by this point.

I very much hope that you'll rediscover your love for GTL very soon  whistling punk rockon wheelchair

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2019, 01:46:17 PM +0100 »

@ Fulvio - In Race 2, I hadn't realised we made contact at the chicane, I just noticed that you dropped a long way back, so assumed you had made an error and spun. Saw your "Thank you" message later and then assumed that I had hit you, so slowed and let you by.

Quit soon after as I had lost the love for GTL by this point.
Sorry Tony for the message, usually I stay silent, but I was disappointed by my slow start and later difficulty in getting past the cars ahead of me. I was very careful not to touch you in the slow part where I was faster and when I flew out at the chicane I pressed the chat without thinking. I immediately regretted and I am sorry that you stopped to wait for me and then loose interest.
Anyway, even it was the only race I could attended I had fun. Too bad I have problem with my shifter in race one that kept failing 5th here and there so after a couple of overrevving in neutral GTA engine popped  Cry
In race two I had a good qualy in the mini but all the world passed by at start and I ended ages from the podium after the early problems.
Ciao and thx Tony for organizing.

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2019, 11:00:43 AM +0100 »

Big thanks Tony to organize this fill in series. Smiley

I hoped to join in some races, but calendar overlapped my other plans completely. Instead I drove ~4500 km in 13 days (from which 9 days were actual driving days to be honest), by visiting Nordkapp / North Cape in Norway. As I and my wife have driven so many times directly to the north, we decided this time go via west coast. That of course called for east frontier side drive to the south on way back and we ended up making "8 of Finland". Smiley

Here's the google map route to the north: https://goo.gl/maps/3nCT7YAnjDz3Qsp9A
and here's our way back to the south: https://goo.gl/maps/bY4jVxW7RKn4URrN6

...and yes, we did it that in our Yaris.

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2019, 12:48:16 PM +0100 »

I hoped to join in some races, but calendar overlapped my other plans completely. Instead I drove ~4500 km in 13 days (from which 9 days were actual driving days to be honest), by visiting Nordkapp / North Cape in Norway. As I and my wife have driven so many times directly to the north, we decided this time go via west coast. That of course called for east frontier side drive to the south on way back and we ended up making "8 of Finland". Smiley

Well, this reminded me my trip to Nordkapp in 1979. exactly 40 years ago  Shocked, with my Alfasud 1.2 SW. 11000 km in one month from Trieste (Italy) through Austria, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland (from Turku to north) and back through Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Austria. Loved it  Kiss

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2019, 01:31:41 PM +0100 »

Well, this reminded me my trip to Nordkapp in 1979. exactly 40 years ago  Shocked, with my Alfasud 1.2 SW. 11000 km in one month from Trieste (Italy) through Austria, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland (from Turku to north) and back through Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Austria. Loved it  Kiss

Sounds like epic journeys nappe & Fulvio!   I gotta do Nordkapp sometime, and would also love to drive the entire way down Italy and on to Sicily - in my 928, so fuel bills will send my wallet reeling...  Cheesy
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2019, 01:45:41 PM +0100 »

Sounds like epic journeys nappe & Fulvio!   I gotta do Nordkapp sometime, and would also love to drive the entire way down Italy and on to Sicily - in my 928, so fuel bills will send my wallet reeling...  Cheesy
Well you can practice on Targa Florio track, road aren't much changed now in Sicily, apart the North Autobahn  laugh
Instead I saw that the road to Nordkapp is much better than it was in '79 when some roads over Artic Circle between Finland and Norway were still on beaten hearth...

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2019, 02:06:12 PM +0100 »

Well you can practice on Targa Florio track, road aren't much changed now in Sicily, apart the North Autobahn  laugh
Instead I saw that the road to Nordkapp is much better than it was in '79 when some roads over Artic Circle between Finland and Norway were still on beaten hearth...

Lol, probably should, so I don't add my real car to all the virtual ones I've already wrecked on Targa Florio  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com