The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 12:11:08 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14CA Riverside: July 17, 2019
July 17, 2019, 08:00:00 PM +0100 - Riverside (Long) - UKAC Season 14 Can Am
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Lola T70 MkII 359 Chevrolet {unknown} 2 +0.365
---
1 40:43.077
---
24 1:40.726
---
Firestone  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Lola T70 MkII 359 Chevrolet {unknown} 1 1:40.161
---
2 +12.020
---
24 1:40.812
---
Firestone  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lola T70 MkII 427 Ford {unknown} 3 +0.643
---
3 +33.364
---
24 1:41.342
---
Firestone  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lola T70 MkII 359 Chevrolet {unknown} 6 +3.430
---
4 +1:07.645
---
24 1:42.759
---
Firestone  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lola T70 MkII 359 Chevrolet {unknown} 4 +1.906
---
5 +1:22.538
---
24 1:42.174
---
Firestone  
L4de

Lola T70 MkII 359 Chevrolet {unknown} 5 +3.307
---
6 +1:40.797
---
24 1:43.663
---
Firestone  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Lola T70 MkII 359 Chevrolet {unknown} 10 +27:44:59.838
---
7 +1L
---
23 1:42.384
---
Firestone  
picnic
 Team Shark
Lola T70 MkII 427 Ford {unknown} 9 +5.495
---
8 +1.419
---
23 1:43.833
---
Firestone  
KDiesel

Lola T70 MkII 427 Ford {unknown} 7 +4.078
---
9 +29.106
---
23 1:43.605
---
Firestone  
Ceolmor

Lola T70 MkII 359 Chevrolet {unknown} 8 +4.695
---
10 +2L
---
22 1:43.894
---
Firestone  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:40.161
---
Fabri Fibra
Qualifying
Lola T70 MkII 359 ChevroletJuly 17, 2019, 08:00:00 PM +0100
A14CA
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:40.726
---
Max .
Race
Lola T70 MkII 359 ChevroletJuly 17, 2019, 08:00:00 PM +0100
A14CA
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 Can Am Round 1 - Riverside - Jul 17  (Read 2023 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2019, 10:24:37 AM +0100 »

Shame Ford sounds off pace, as it felt a lot nicer to drive when I tested it. The other one is way too floaty in terms of feel IMO.
MaxVeloce
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2019, 10:35:35 AM +0100 »

pfft,  IDK what to say really.  Congrats to Fabri on his single lap pace, into the 1.39s is impressive, a good half a second beyond my fastest lap, and I'm sure if  FMG had the chevy motor he'd prolly have done the same, so I was pretty happy come qually to get within a few tenths and take 2nd - it was only then I realized FMG was running the Ford  Shocked

I had to go back and watch the replay to see how I got the lead at the start,  I had to laugh because we both left the line quite well and then did the exact same thing with a huge sideways moment as the tyres started to grip and torque decided it wanted us to go sunbathe in the sand. I was lucky and caught it quicker, giving me the lead. I could see FMG right on Fabri in the opening lap and just tried to drive a clean lap hoping to break any tow. It worked and honestly I didn't think it would last, expecting a flying italian to come at me, so I just concentrated on driving clean smooth laps. I did pretty well at that, messed up T2 once which put me out for the whole run up the hill, and then late in the race as I was catching Frex to lap him he went wide at T8 into the sand and I followed him in, loosing a couple of seconds  Cheesy

Next race I'm taking the same car as FMG in the hope it makes a closer race, (maybe Fabri will do the same) so if we can agree in advance which that is I'm in  Smiley

... and well done to the 3 fast guys up front, including Max 'Sandbagger' Veloce, obviously learnt his pre-race talk from Lewis Hamilton and Merc F1  laugh
Tongue

I just didnt get enough practise in to start tweaking the car (due to RL) so be interested to know what you front 3 did to gain time here. I think my gears were all too short ultimately, so i was probably losing torque.
I can send you mine if you want to see/try it...
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2019, 10:59:57 AM +0100 »

At Mosport you guys were saying the Ford was equal with the Chevy so took your word for it and never even tried it.  Tongue  Might suit me better as i prefer handling over horsepower.  The Chevy felt clumsy in the slower corners.  This track proved that you quicker guys can afford less bhp to the rest of us  Wink

I actually kept in view with the front few for about 10mins (albeit a few secs back) until i caught a very early backmarker and then i kept following him onto the sand at that flipping hairpin  laugh amazing how you can be drawn into someone else's error sometimes..

As much as i love the immersion of the Rift in these old open top classics, i might have to slum it with monitors during the summer but will try a fan in the face first for that summer breeze open top car realism. All i needed was someone throwing sand in my face for the ultimate immersion  Grin

Looked like there was some good racing going on further back, i kept looking across the open ground to see 3 cars in close formation coming around the track. Shame they werent nearer me for some action, as i had a lonely race in 4th.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 11:25:36 AM +0100 »

Looked like there was some good racing going on further back, i kept looking across the open ground to see 3 cars in close formation coming around the track. Shame they werent nearer me for some action, as i had a lonely race in 4th.

You could have dropped back to join us..  Wink

Enjoyed that, except for the first lap when I rear-ended Ceolmor coming out onto the back straight, very sorry for that. I thought I had left enough room through the corner before accelerating, but I closed on you so fast I guess not. Sorry also that you got punted so far out into the dirt - by the time we got going again the other cars were long gone, so messed up both our races. Despite that, had some fun later with kimi and lade, but a few errors late in the race dropped me back down the order again.

Congrats podium.
Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2019, 02:05:12 PM +0100 »

Been a while since I raced with you guys.  Infact, been a while since I did any proper online racing, so I really enjoyed last night.  I expected to come last, so the race lived up to my expectations!

The bump from Frex was the least of my problems.  It was very good of you to wait and I'm sorry it took me so long to get back on the track.  Shortly afterwards I had an issue with a USB cable which required me to park the car in the grass and by the time I had sorted it I was being lapped.  Things then settled down and I was lapping behind two cars that had lapped me (I'm in VR so no idea who) but I still made too any mistakes.  To cap it all, on what turned out to be my last lap I glanced the armco on the left coming out of the final bend, and got pipped over the line by Max Veloce, to put me two laps down on the winner.

But it was good fun, so thanks everyone for the race.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2019, 02:19:43 PM +0100 »

apologies by the way to Frex and Ceolmor, i shared a setup with Pete as i saw he was down on the laptimes and would have shared it with you guys also if i had realised you were both in the same predicament. My stracker was playing up and my menus were tiny for some reason so thought you were both higher up the laptime leaderboard than i knew.
Though no way perfect, my setup was a definite improvement over the standard one here.  I also think our faster guys could send setups to drivers struggling (via stracker) to help improve the racing.  angel  (doesnt have to be to all, can send direct to particular drivers).

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2019, 02:58:03 PM +0100 »

i shared a setup with Pete as i saw he was down on the laptimes
That was kind of you, shame I never noticed Embarrassed Do I get a notification when someone does this or do I have to actively look? Also, was it a Ford setup you shared? I see you were driving the Chevy.

Talking of not seeing driver's names in VR I had some other issue I'd never seen before last night. During qualifying the screen changed subtly after which when I pressed ESC to go back to the pits all I could see was "Res" right down bottom right of where the rift would let me look. Also the red column where you go drive or change the setup was now not tall enough so I could see the quit button at the bottom.

Ceolmor

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2019, 03:50:04 PM +0100 »

Though no way perfect, my setup was a definite improvement over the standard one here.  I also think our faster guys could send setups to drivers struggling (via stracker) to help improve the racing.  angel  (doesnt have to be to all, can send direct to particular drivers).

That would be much appreciated for future events.  Smiley  Try as I may, I really struggle with understanding setups, beyond the very basics.  With this group it sometimes feels like I'm racing against a bunch of F1 engineers.
MaxVeloce
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2019, 04:04:53 PM +0100 »

That would be much appreciated for future events.  Smiley  Try as I may, I really struggle with understanding setups, beyond the very basics.  With this group it sometimes feels like I'm racing against a bunch of F1 engineers.

but really, I didn't change a huge amount,  tyre pressures obviously - that's a given on any car/track combo as default is never quite right, gears so it goes fast,  then just a tweak to the toe, tiny camber change, front damper, brake bias a bit (still not optimal but I ran out of testing time) and off we go

I'll try installing stracker and if it doesn't eff up how my game runs I'll keep it...
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2019, 04:06:51 PM +0100 »

i shared a setup with Pete as i saw he was down on the laptimes
That was kind of you, shame I never noticed Embarrassed Do I get a notification when someone does this or do I have to actively look? Also, was it a Ford setup you shared? I see you were driving the Chevy.

ah bugger, didnt you see my chat saying i'll send you my setup? i sent the actual setup at start of qually. I think stracker does tell you so and so has sent you a setup. Think it says it at top of screen centrally.  Undecided  In hindsight i should have just shared it for all as i'd rather be racing people than hotlapping on my tod.
Assume the setup would suit both engine variants as mostly chassis/suspension work than gearing.  Undecided  though i did alter 2nd and 4th gears too.

@Ceolmor, no problem, will send a setup next time if its good enough.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2019, 04:26:50 PM +0100 »

Assume the setup would suit both engine variants as mostly chassis/suspension work than gearing.

That doesn't matter if the cars are named differently. If you send someone a setup for the chevy engine car, the recipient won't be able to see it if he's in the Ford (unless he moves it to the correct folder).
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2019, 04:56:05 PM +0100 »

ah bugger, didnt you see my chat saying i'll send you my setup?
As you know it's hard to see these things in the Rift, plus the inability last night to go back to the pits meant I couldn't read the chat messages.

I guess there maybe car setup differences as well, you guys were talking of softening the suspension to 3/4 5/7 or (something) the default Ford was softer than this by default.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2019, 09:15:58 PM +0100 »

Best place and time to get setup advice is to get on the practice server whilst other drivers are there. Sadly hardly anyone appears to use it before a race these days, or at least not at the same times.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com