The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 10:53:34 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • ACC Nürburgring: July 24, 2019
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC AC Competizione - Nürburgring GP - Jul 24  (Read 3170 times)
MaxVeloce
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2019, 12:13:18 PM +0100 »

well that's faster than I've gone so far...
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2019, 01:10:36 PM +0100 »

Sure it is Mr SandBag ........  shifty

MaxVeloce
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2019, 01:18:45 PM +0100 »

Tongue
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2019, 06:25:27 PM +0100 »

what wet session times are you guys hitting so far? Im on about 2:11 with the Porsche and 2:12 Jaguar, though it was very wet. That seemed about an average time from other guys that were hopping on the server last night (nobody from here).

Me and another guy were doing low 2:09's in the BMW.

You've only done the track walk then?  Tongue
MaxVeloce
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2019, 06:58:55 PM +0100 »

You've only done the track walk then?  Tongue

not even that...    I'll try and do some laps tonight  Smiley
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2019, 09:51:09 PM +0100 »

Server crashed twice this evening, both times during the qualifying session. Just to let you know.

@Mark Regarding the pit limiter: If you want to activate it manually, just change it from automatic to manual in the settings and assign a button to it or use the default setting ALt+L. But this only works if you set it it to manual first.

Btw Is John Passmore also from here? those real names are confusing me Grin
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 09:55:34 PM +0100 by nfsw55 » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2019, 09:54:19 PM +0100 »

@Mark Regarding the pit limiter: If you want to activate it manually, just change it from automatic to manual in the settings and assign a button to it or use the default setting ALt+L. But this only works if you set it it to manual first.

I read afterwards that you still have to slow to below pitlane speed for it to activate...whats the point then?!  Tongue

Good to see a few fellow drivers in the monsoon conditions tonight. Another 2:11 for me in the Aston this time. SQ is setting the pace though!  Shocked  Smiley

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2019, 09:56:59 PM +0100 »

I read afterwards that you still have to slow to below pitlane speed for it to activate...whats the point then?!  Tongue

Good to see a few fellow drivers in the monsoon conditions tonight. Another 2:11 for me in the Aston this time. SQ is setting the pace though!  Shocked  Smiley

Really? I always activate it when I'm at 70-80 km/h a few meters before the pit line. It only works in first gear tho, like irl.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2019, 10:27:50 PM +0100 »

Yes, he races with us in the RRE leagues.
MaxVeloce
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2019, 10:34:01 PM +0100 »

Good to see a few fellow drivers in the monsoon conditions tonight. Another 2:11 for me in the Aston this time. SQ is setting the pace though!  Shocked  Smiley

Isn't he just.  No sandbags today, after it crashed in qually I rejoined the server and did another 30min of practice, got to 2:09.2x  but that's not a 2:07  Shocked

Maybe I'll try a different car tomorrow, I have no idea if that helps or I just need to persevere and work out a good wet setup Huh   Lambo felt good in the dry at Spa but here in the wet, yuck.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:36:00 PM +0100 by MaxVeloce » Logged
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2019, 10:42:15 PM +0100 »

Yes, he races with us in the RRE leagues.

Good to know, thanks Wink He said he'll be joining us this wednesday.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2019, 09:05:06 AM +0100 »

any useful improvements to recommend to the preset wet setups? It gives good grip in the very wet conditions but does have a lot of understeer and takes longer to brake.

Good to hear John P is joining us. Server is attracting quite a few random drivers so might net a few more new drivers over time.

FPS is good despite the conditions. Did get the odd micro pause, probably when someone stuffed it into a wall. Had a couple of huge spins on the downhill back straight when the front end went light  Shocked

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2019, 09:12:33 AM +0100 »

Server is attracting quite a few random drivers so might net a few more new drivers over time.
It's a shame that Kunos etc. didn't carry over the concept or a Welcome Text file from AC. That allowed us to advertise the site as people entered.

MaxVeloce
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2019, 10:38:29 AM +0100 »

any useful improvements to recommend to the preset wet setups? It gives good grip in the very wet conditions but does have a lot of understeer and takes longer to brake.

check the brake duct settings,  on the lambo they were wide open and I could close them right down almost to nothing and put some more heat into the tyres
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2019, 10:47:01 AM +0100 »

check the brake duct settings,  on the lambo they were wide open and I could close them right down almost to nothing and put some more heat into the tyres

Yeah did that towards the end of my session but didnt gain anything timewise, but good tip if others are unaware of it. The Aston already had them half closed in wet setup so must vary car to car.  Its probably the high TC and ABS settings that are dulling the cars sharpness. How do we know what ECU map 7 means? (must be a list somewhere) - i left it alone.

Cars sound epic thundering past the pitlane when you are just sitting there. Cool

ps if you flat spot your wet tyres, its almost a pitstop job to replace them as i found the car almost undriveable in the slower corners with 50pence piece tyres after one particularly big lock up. Bit too much i would say, needs toning down a little.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com