The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 09:26:06 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • ACC Nürburgring: July 24, 2019
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC AC Competizione - Nürburgring GP - Jul 24  (Read 3161 times)
MaxVeloce
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2019, 12:20:26 PM +0100 »

eh that was quite fun, shame so few turned out to splash around  Huh

Had to abandon the Lambo after tuesdays practice, as I could not get a driveable and fast balance in the setup.  I was quite shocked when I took the Porsche for a quick spin afterwards and discovered it was so much faster over a lap - I know these cars are meant to be bop'd but I'm sure that can't be right.

Qually. I was too slow getting out the pits and got stuck behind Mark and Alexey, lucky Mark decided to pull over on the out lap and make a gap to Alexey, but I continued. The gap I had to Alexey didn't last long on the flying lap though and not wanting to risk anything I spent half the lap sat on his rear bumper before he made an error at veedol, it cost me time but I was fairly confident that 1 flaying lap was going to be enough for pole, and it was.

Race.  I guess I need to work on the race starts as I got completely mugged by NFSW at the start, he was accelerating before my spotter even called the green flag. I had a less than perfect first couple of laps and NFSW pulled a small gap, but I wasn't too worried as its a long race and anything can happen - and then it did. He had a huge off braking for Veedol and I was through. After that not much happened really, in the mirror I saw Mark have a small moment braking too late at the hairpin and after that I never saw another car  Shocked

Congrats to Mark on bringing it home 2nd,  unlucky to NFSW in 3rd.

Last time I ruined my race flatspotting a tyre on lap 1, this time it was NFSW spinning off early on,  so maybe next time we'll get a race all the way to the flag  Smiley

Got to say too, I love how ACC feels in the wet, when you ride the kerbs you can really feel a rear tyre go light as it spins up just before the oversteer happens, magic it is!
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2019, 12:32:46 PM +0100 »

That was a complete joke for me. The Honda was simply so slow with or without traction control. I had to brake so much earlier than anyone else and the rest was a joke. I gave up in the end cause I can't compete with anyone. I'd be interested to see what times the top guys can do in that car in those conditions compared to me cause even with no practice I'm never that far off the pace, besides I've been racing it offline against the AI so that counts as practice.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2019, 03:01:11 PM +0100 »

That was a complete joke for me. The Honda was simply so slow with or without traction control. I had to brake so much earlier than anyone else and the rest was a joke. I gave up in the end cause I can't compete with anyone. I'd be interested to see what times the top guys can do in that car in those conditions compared to me cause even with no practice I'm never that far off the pace, besides I've been racing it offline against the AI so that counts as practice.

The Honda was confirmed by Kunos to be uncompetitive. The newer version should be better.

Quite a few cars are absolutely useless and I wish they went for a more equal BOP.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2019, 03:09:52 PM +0100 »

I think the Porsche felt better in the rain than some of the other cars as it has renowned traction in the wet. Having the engine closer to the rear axel than a front or mid-engined car helps get the power down and less squirmy under acceleration or braking. I still couldnt get it under 2:10 until i made the setup changes that improved it greatly by removing a lot of understeer.

Not sure why the Honda is slow. its fairly new to Blancpain so maybe Kunos havent been given enough technical data  Undecided  Not tried it yet.

Does sound like they need to tighten up the BoP though.

Should have stuck with your Lambo Max, you would have had a closer race  Wink  and yes i braked too late twice down at that hairpin as i couldnt see the braking point or kerbs through your spray !  Tongue

MaxVeloce
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2019, 03:16:49 PM +0100 »

I think the Porsche felt better in the rain than some of the other cars as it has renowned traction in the wet. Having the engine closer to the rear axel than a front or mid-engined car helps get the power down and less squirmy under acceleration or braking. I still couldnt get it under 2:10 until i made the setup changes that improved it greatly by removing a lot of understeer.

interesting, I just ran the default wet setup with adjusted tyre pressure and small change to TC and ABS and it was ripping!, easily 2-3 seconds a lap faster than anything I got from the lambo, in which I had no front end and no traction either  Shocked
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2019, 03:22:55 PM +0100 »

Had to abandon the Lambo after tuesdays practice, as I could not get a driveable and fast balance in the setup.  I was quite shocked when I took the Porsche for a quick spin afterwards and discovered it was so much faster over a lap - I know these cars are meant to be bop'd but I'm sure that can't be right.

ACC uses the official Blancpain BoP from last year and for every track. The Porsche wasn't very good in last years season and so he is in ACC. Lack of topspeed and bad aerodynamics compared to other cars. In addition it's quite hard to drive and very unforgiving.
But keep in mind that Porsches naturally have a huge advantage in rainy conditions due to their rear engine concept.

@Simon the Honda is just slow, it wasn't your fault.
The car only did one Blancpain race last year (Spa) and there it wasn't even in the pro clss, so the guys doing the BoP for the Blancpain series had very limited information and data, so in the end the Bop for this car was quite off. As ACC replicates this 1:1 the car is also pretty much useless ingame. The NSX GT3 Evo from this year should be much better.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2019, 03:25:25 PM +0100 »

Well that makes me feel a little better. I think the car looks cool, but if its rubbish then no thanks.  Grin

Other thing I noticed last night is that the spray was awesome, couldn't see a thing. LOL. HOWEVER! There was no spray in the mirror or when looking behind so you it looked really wrong that there was spray from other cars in front of me but nothing behind. I have everything in game on EPIC or whatever the max setting is.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2019, 03:37:58 PM +0100 »

Well that makes me feel a little better. I think the car looks cool, but if its rubbish then no thanks.  Grin

Other thing I noticed last night is that the spray was awesome, couldn't see a thing. LOL. HOWEVER! There was no spray in the mirror or when looking behind so you it looked really wrong that there was spray from other cars in front of me but nothing behind. I have everything in game on EPIC or whatever the max setting is.

That's broken since the latest UE4 update, you can see everyone's spray cloud except your own. Kunos is working on it but I guess it's pretty low on their prioritiy list.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 04:55:33 PM +0100 by nfsw55 » Logged
MaxVeloce
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2019, 05:23:35 PM +0100 »

ACC uses the official Blancpain BoP from last year and for every track. The Porsche wasn't very good in last years season and so he is in ACC. Lack of topspeed and bad aerodynamics compared to other cars. In addition it's quite hard to drive and very unforgiving.
But keep in mind that Porsches naturally have a huge advantage in rainy conditions due to their rear engine concept.

Oh well, that just proves I know nothing about Blancpain  Cheesy

All I know is the Porsche wasn't liking Eau Rouge at all, so I took the Lambo. This time the Lambo was hating the kink at the bottom of the hill before Veedol, wanting to swap ends so easily , but the Porsche was fine in there...  Not gonna complain if it forces me to drive different cars depending on track and/or conditions

Just out of interest, how many hours played does anyone have in ACC,  I'm up to a massive 62, most of which was hotlapping testing VR in v0.2/0.3
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2019, 05:46:19 PM +0100 »

Just out of interest, how many hours played does anyone have in ACC,  I'm up to a massive 62, most of which was hotlapping testing VR in v0.2/0.3

A measily 23 hours.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2019, 06:06:19 PM +0100 »

2310 in AC, 16 in ACC, nearly all in VR and looking at last nights turn out they have an awful lot of optimisation to do and even more bugs to fix to encourage more to participate. After all is said this is supposed to be a released game. Will be back racing when its fixed and I can use my Rift. PS I am not against ACC being every other week as long as I get my AC fix.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 06:08:19 PM +0100 by Bob » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2019, 06:54:27 PM +0100 »

A measily 23 hours.

Pff no lifer, 21 here  Tongue
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2019, 07:02:05 PM +0100 »

LOL - I've got 4.4 and most of that was probably testing the server  Embarrassed Roll Eyes

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2019, 08:06:15 PM +0100 »

2310 in AC, 16 in ACC, nearly all in VR and looking at last nights turn out they have an awful lot of optimisation to do and even more bugs to fix to encourage more to participate. After all is said this is supposed to be a released game. Will be back racing when its fixed and I can use my Rift. PS I am not against ACC being every other week as long as I get my AC fix.

@Bob,

There is still plenty of AC action on Sunday nights, we will be at Pukekohe this Sunday in the Porsche Cup cars!
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2019, 08:25:06 PM +0100 »

Was away for last race but be there Sunday.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com