The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 03:59:05 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • ACC Nürburgring: July 24, 2019
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC AC Competizione - Nürburgring GP - Jul 24  (Read 3179 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2019, 04:43:57 PM +0100 »

Room fans will have to be working overtime this evening! its baking in my house sweatdrop plus ACC really gets my pc and wheel motors kicking out the heat in my face!  Tongue

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2019, 05:19:43 PM +0100 »

increase all round, will vary car to car but generally the tyres were about 0.8 to -1 too low. When you do your practise laps cast a regular glance to your tyre temps to see what they are reading. Of course, if the track dries out the tyre temps will rise! so you will have to hunt puddles  Tongue

What are the ideal pressures?
MaxVeloce
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2019, 05:37:39 PM +0100 »

What are the ideal pressures?

when all 3 bars of the tyres are equal height in the HUD (when hot of course)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2019, 05:59:15 PM +0100 »

when all 3 bars of the tyres are equal height in the HUD (when hot of course)

Uhm, a number please  Tongue
MaxVeloce
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2019, 06:20:33 PM +0100 »

30 for wets, 28 for slicks on the cars I've tried
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2019, 06:34:05 PM +0100 »

Room fans will have to be working overtime this evening! its baking in my house sweatdrop plus ACC really gets my pc and wheel motors kicking out the heat in my face!  Tongue

The fanat of ACC detected  Grin Cheesy  BTW i am using Bedouin style bandage over my head- highly recommend it  Smiley
https://youtu.be/goFgqqUAXjk?t=5

Pete or who knows- the weather randomness will be on or off on  server?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 07:06:53 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2019, 07:19:37 PM +0100 »

Pete or who knows- the weather randomness will be on or off on  server?
Should be off

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2019, 07:23:12 PM +0100 »

Ok. Good news for me, thanks Pete  Smiley

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2019, 07:27:49 PM +0100 »

Formation lap is still the short version Tongue
And for tonight will remain so. Release notes for 1.6 say

- Private servers can set up a full formation lap via "shortFormationLap": 0 in the settings.json.

Well the server just crashes if I add that line in either the main section or the race session.

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2019, 07:37:12 PM +0100 »

Formation lap is still the short version Tongue
And for tonight will remain so. Release notes for 1.6 say

- Private servers can set up a full formation lap via "shortFormationLap": 0 in the settings.json.

Well the server just crashes if I add that line in either the main section or the race session.

Thanks for the information, doesn't make much sense then Roll Eyes
Chunky

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2019, 09:30:43 PM +0100 »

so sorry to the person i hit from behind at the chicane, from the spray it is so hard to see anything at all and i was counting down the brake markers no realising that the 150 had gone! i apologise and i didnt see come back on track otherwise i would have waited.   that was kind of fun but really difficult so hard to see following another car.

JP
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2019, 09:31:33 PM +0100 »

finished 2nd ...hurrah  thumbup2

Enjoyed that, challenging conditions but nice combo of cars and track. Good first wet race experience.  Smiley Had good pace, including a new 2:06 PB in qually  Shocked but still pipped by Max (who had sneaked in our garage and stole our setup info  shifty   Grin )
Sadly nobody else kept up so I had a lonely race other than the first 15mins chasing Max's rooster tail, until he started pulling away.

shame only 7 turned up  Roll Eyes

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2019, 09:47:51 PM +0100 »

Qualifiyng started with a dry track surface which got wet very fast, so the ones leaving the pitlane as early as possible had the best conditions. I waited a bit too long, so it was only P3 for me.
Start went better and I was able to immediately overtake both guys infront right after the lights went green. Stayed in P1 for a few laps when I suddenly dropped a wheel onto the grass approaching the veedol-chicane, sending my car into a spin , stupid and annoying mistake  from my side Sad
Spend the rest of the race trying to catch up to Mark at least, but another spin in the final stages destroyed my hopes.
Nevertheless racing in the wet was quite fun, hoping for another try with those conditions in the future and a slightly better turnout next time.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2019, 10:05:54 PM +0100 »

so sorry to the person i hit from behind at the chicane, from the spray it is so hard to see anything at all and i was counting down the brake markers no realising that the 150 had gone! i apologise and i didnt see come back on track otherwise i would have waited.   that was kind of fun but really difficult so hard to see following another car.

JP
Ok. Please, follow the league traditions, practice in same ( wet) condition first (using AI). I saw you've not tryied to return a pos and was very angry about this fact. For now, in ACC, every  small contact will cause loose pace and race overall. Espetially when you crashed at other car at full speed. Congrats Max and Mark- you both was find a proper key to Porsche and car setup.
For me it was too wet and slippery  Grin
Good night, but i am on morning here with lost night.  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:10:09 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2019, 10:31:46 PM +0100 »

Alexey, Slightly unfair to chunky as he has been on the wet practise server on at least one or two evenings that I’ve seen. I didn’t see the incident but he explained what happened. Unfortunate that it ruined both your cars for the race though  Sad

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com