The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 08:48:37 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • ACC Misano: August 07, 2019
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC AC Competizione - Misano Night Race - Sept 4  (Read 8874 times)
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2019, 02:57:36 PM +0100 »

Spent a couple of hours today on ACC with a view to joining tonight. After several crashes by Unreal Engine failing to start the game, finally got some joy in VR but it was so bad felt sick after 10 mins. Only got a small monitor and it ran acceptable, but have decided its just not for me. May try again when the game is fixed but right now it falls far short of what was promised. thumbdown thumbdown thumbdown
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2019, 08:03:47 PM +0100 »

I've installed some different MS VS libraries so let's see if that helps

This and/or whatever else you've done appears to be successful. SRW and I have been in for 20odd mins with no issues
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2019, 08:04:23 PM +0100 »

Struggle with Steam at the moment, i wont connect.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2019, 09:45:15 PM +0100 »

Server was solid tonight  Smiley sadly only 5 of us turned up  Sad

Misano at night looked fantastic and just like the several night races I have seen there  Cool Took the Mclaren with very little practise but steadily improved my times throughout the eve. Had some fun racing Simon but front two disappeared into the distance. Got lapped by Nfsw!

Not sure why turn outs are so low for a new sim with lots to offer  Undecided Maybe we need to find a Euro league and join that as a UKAC team  Tongue

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2019, 09:46:13 PM +0100 »

Maybe we need to find a Euro league and join that as a UKAC team  Tongue
yes

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2019, 08:39:56 AM +0100 »

Well for me it is because it is a "GT3's @ Spa  again" type of game. Not too appealing to me and it's full of bugs. I'll wait for Automobilista2 to come out first...

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2019, 10:44:47 AM +0100 »

Well for me it is because it is a "GT3's @ Spa  again" type of game. Not too appealing to me and it's full of bugs. I'll wait for Automobilista2 to come out first...

yet historically, this has been the most popular class of sim racing for online racing, hence why i'm surprised so few are playing this new one. Graphics, sounds and physics seem superb to me.  Undecided

Maybe its just this website, as AC or RRE races are similarly poorly attended now.  Cry

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2019, 01:07:17 PM +0100 »

True, you are correct there. And look how many different sims we are already running on this site alone. Plus everyone has his own preference regarding cars/car classes.
I remember the days i had to choose between rf1 and LFS and with the limited cars and tracks with LFS, we still had decent grids each week.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2019, 01:34:01 PM +0100 »

Yeah, it's basically the "community" got splintered as more games were produced. It was a choice between GPL and GTR2 here and then we got GTL, iRacing, AC, rFactor, etc, etc.

Also, we're not very good at marketing or use of modern social media here at SRou.

I still think with the right impetous you could make a bigger GT3 league. Do proper 90-120 minute races with pit stops and weather and stuff and it would make it more interesting than the usual 30-40 minute races where once you've qualified that's pretty much race over.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 01:35:58 PM +0100 by Simon Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
MaxVeloce
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2019, 01:45:50 PM +0100 »

I'm avoiding ACC for now,  it felt great when we raced at Nurb in the wet, but I tried practice for this Misano race weeks ago and the car just doesn't feel connected anymore. There is no feedback through the steering to feel it (especially the rear end) lose grip until a second after it happens, and I can't drive like that  Sad  
To confirm it wasn't just the car/track/time combo I went and tried other cars at Silverstone in the dry and they did the same.  I then spent ages fiddling with FFB settings in game and on my wheel and I could bring that rear end grip feel back but in the process turned my wheel into a giant spring and lost almost all feel of suspension bumps  Shocked.  At that point I gave up and havn't touched it since...

I'm not sure if some files got messed up in the update and I need to reinstall the game or its just the new tyre model, but it stopped being fun so until I get the enthusiasm to reinstall it and try again I'm out.

Also, GT3s Cheesy (they're ok in moderation but meh, so much else that's fun to race too).
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2019, 01:52:36 PM +0100 »

Max, that's exactly how I felt at Misano last night. Had no idea the car was going to spin until it had already happened. The FF does suck compared to AC imho and there is something not right with the physics especially at slow speed when you can be doing 60mph barely using throttle or steering and still spin.

Also the lack of proper triple screen support in ACC is getting more annoying as I do find it really difficult to judge where turn in should be cause of the side-screen warping.

It's really annoying as AC is so good and if they just added the weather and daylight effects from ACC I would be happy to continue with AC.

I like the GT cars cause they are not too hard to drive! I hate all those old cars, that require driving sideways, its too much effort to master.

At the moment, I'm thinking of trying iRacing again and it's been years since I touched that!

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
MaxVeloce
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2019, 02:13:06 PM +0100 »

I've tried iracing a few times over the years but always give up because after trying several cars, many of them have the
the car just doesn't feel connected anymore. There is no feedback through the steering to feel it (especially the rear end) lose grip until a second after it happens, and I can't drive like that  Sad  
it does that a lot, and ends up being a driving by numbers (the speedo) game,  rather than a driving by feel (AC!)

It also has(had?) the same problem as AC GT3 cars, a big slide or spin and the tyres overheat badly (way too much IMO) and you're driving on ice until they cool back down

That said, I'll probably try it again at some point in the hope its improved, because their online system is amazing and they have so many super quality tracks  Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2019, 02:23:47 PM +0100 »

ha, odd reading those comments as i too just watched some I-racing vids to see how it was looking these days!  Have to say that the few vids i saw, it still looked like a detached cold environment, which is how i always found it, like a solo hot-lapping experience at an empty track. Even though the circuits are digitally scanned, they look clinical and lack track paraphanelia and lighting to bring them to life.  Undecided

Must be something good about it as F1 stars Verstappen and Norris race with it regularly.

ACC supposedly has the new improved tyre model now, maybe thats why your ffb feeling is different. I havent spent enough time with ACC to gain a solid experience yet and feel the full effects of physics etc. Just snatched quick practise sessions for the few races we've run so far.

One thing for sure i certainly miss our bigger grid races  Cry and even regular drivers are dropping off the grid now.  I havent looked around yet for busier race leagues but may have too if we cant attract enough here.  Sad
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 02:26:10 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

MaxVeloce
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2019, 04:18:58 PM +0100 »

Must be something good about it as F1 stars Verstappen and Norris race with it regularly.

I've read several comments by top drivers admitting it doesn't have the greatest physics or feedback, but they play it anyway for the organised racing...
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2019, 05:28:25 PM +0100 »

Results imported; they've updated the format so now we have race total time. Smiley Please check it shows you in the right car. Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com