The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 03:18:06 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14CA Mosport: September 11, 2019
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 Can Am - Mosport - Sep 11  (Read 14275 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 09:08:19 PM +0100 »

taz what a disaster, we need another way of having someone able to act as a backup man for the server.

Sorry guys, race will have to run next week. Sad

@max, thanks for putting up a server but alas we had lost half the field by then I think and was probably too late for some to race. Maybe we can sort a test race out on that some time to see if it can cope with 10-12 racers for future back up plan.

MaxVeloce
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 09:15:48 PM +0100 »

I'm happy to try that if it will be useful...   
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 08:30:00 AM +0100 »

anyone know whats happened to Pete? I know he's having treatment for his hip, hope all okay.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 01:12:58 PM +0100 »

Really sorry chaps, I got a phone call appointment to go to hospital to review my hip. The pelvis is so weak they wouldn't let me home until the house can be made safe for me! I'm assured I'll get better but life is a bit on hold just now. Ideally I need someone else to liaise with Dave who's able to start the server for the short term.

Sadly as I was expecting the outpatients only I didn't bring computers etc. so I couldn't  easily get on last night and report the problem. Although to be fair I was so preoccupied I'd have forgotten anyway I suspect!

I'm not sure of my escape date yet either nor of the full range of treatments I'm likely to get. So far 4 X-Rays, 2 MRIs, I've an PET/CT appointment for later today and a separate CT tomorrow. I'll be glowing in the dark soon!

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2019, 01:35:25 PM +0100 »

Really sorry chaps, I got a phone call appointment to go to hospital to review my hip. The pelvis is so weak they wouldn't let me home until the house can be made safe for me! I'm assured I'll get better but life is a bit on hold just now. Ideally I need someone else to liaise with Dave who's able to start the server for the short term.

Sadly as I was expecting the outpatients only I didn't bring computers etc. so I couldn't  easily get on last night and report the problem. Although to be fair I was so preoccupied I'd have forgotten anyway I suspect!

I'm not sure of my escape date yet either nor of the full range of treatments I'm likely to get. So far 4 X-Rays, 2 MRIs, I've an PET/CT appointment for later today and a separate CT tomorrow. I'll be glowing in the dark soon!

Sorry to hear of your troubles picnic. I should be around to start the server next Wednesday if need be
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2019, 01:43:27 PM +0100 »

If you could please, that would really help out. I've got a computer now but what with treatment times, head space etc. it would be much better if something reliable could done as cover.

How do you want to play this MJ? Put the CanAm races back 2 weeks and keep the alternative ACC test races in-situ is probably best for those who've made plans to attend some of the existing races.

MaxVeloce
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 01:50:20 PM +0100 »

ah damn, sorry to hear that mr Picnic,  kinda makes one messed up race totally unimportant... 

hope you get sorted out soon!  Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 01:54:52 PM +0100 »

I hope to be home with a few days but they're talking 18 weeks of initial treatment. I hope I'll be back racing before then and fully expect in a couple of weeks to be able to do my server duties more often than not.

Not the best time to add new trauma in to the leagues here when attendance is low but hopefully everyone will bare with us and we can get some sort of normality back as winter approaches.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 03:37:29 PM +0100 »

No problem Pete, get well soon, life and health is more important  Kiss

Would rather race the Can-Am next week as it didnt happen this week. ACC will just have to fit in around this series as attendance is even lower in ACC sadly and still has issues. We had a healthy(ish) grid chomping to go racing last night. Long Live AC !  Grin

@SRW, will you remember to do the server as you dont race the retro stuff ? Thanks for offering  Smiley
(max can be on stand by with his emergency server  Wink )

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2019, 03:50:28 PM +0100 »

Indeed. Health is more important Pete. Get well soon and back with us on the track.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 04:29:44 PM +0100 »

Get well as soon as possible Picnic. thumbup2
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 05:44:41 PM +0100 »

No problem Pete, get well soon, life and health is more important  Kiss

Would rather race the Can-Am next week as it didnt happen this week. ACC will just have to fit in around this series as attendance is even lower in ACC sadly and still has issues. We had a healthy(ish) grid chomping to go racing last night. Long Live AC !  Grin

@SRW, will you remember to do the server as you dont race the retro stuff ? Thanks for offering  Smiley
(max can be on stand by with his emergency server  Wink )

I will put a reminder on my phone! I should be free the week after if need be as well
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 10:06:48 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the kind wishes everyone thumbup2 SRW you know where the server files are, if you only change password and the session times then everything will work. I do change the welcome text file, there's race and practice server templates, and the event title but if they were forgotten with the event will still run.

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2019, 12:21:03 AM +0100 »

Get well soon, Picnic.
Juge

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2019, 07:31:06 PM +0100 »

Sorry to hear about your situation Picnic. Hope you get well soon. As others said healthy is more important than this.

I will be unavailable on 25th but available at 18th so would appriciate if we can race 18th so all practice would not be wasted. Is that set there?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com