The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 04:06:30 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E6 GT3 Oschersleben: October 06, 2019
October 06, 2019, 09:19:43 PM +0100 - Oschersleben (GP) - RRE Season 6 (2019) GT3 Autumn Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari P4/5 Competizione GT3
---
1 40:43.775
---
26 2 1:27.750
---
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M6 GT3 GT3 1 +1:28.280
---
2 +6.699
---
26 1 1:28.049
---
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford GT GT3 2 +1:28.996
---
3 +8.442
---
26 1 1:28.588
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
McLaren 650S GT3 GT3 4 +1:30.548
---
4 +1:12.971
---
26 1 1:30.147
---
Pirelli  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
BMW Z4 GT3 GT3 3 +1:29.083
---
5 +11L 15 2 1:28.322
---
unknown
Pirelli  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW Z4 GT3 GT3
---
6 +15L 11 1 1:28.390
---
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT3
1:27.750
---
frex
Race
Ferrari P4/5 CompetizioneOctober 06, 2019, 09:19:43 PM +0100
E6GT3
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 6 (2019) GT3 Autumn Series - Oschersleben - Oct 6  (Read 2050 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2019, 01:05:46 PM +0100 »

Practice: 20:00 (30 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 (40mins)

Cars allowed: GTR3

Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Rolling start
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Compulsory Pitstop for two Tyres (fuel is optional) See pitstop rules below

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the relevant Track Packs for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.
(6) Start procedure
*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
 [/quote][/quote]

PITSTOP RULES

1. During timed races the mandatory pitstop window opens 3 minutes into the race and closes 3 minutes from then end. There will be a prompt at the top of the screen to remind you.

2. The pitlane speed limit is 60 KPH. The section of the pitlane which is covered by this limit is highlighted at the start and finish by a white line on the tarmac and a traffic cone at either side of the line.

3. If you drive in this section between 60 & 100 KPH you will get a drive through penalty. If you go over 100 KPH you will get DISQUALIFIED FROM THE RACE

4. You must change at least two tyres during the pitstop, Fuel is optional.

5. You can preset your pit strategy before the race or change it on the fly during the race

6. If you map the starter and ignition buttons you will have to stop and start the engine manually during the pitstop (my advice is to unmap the buttons so that the game starts and stops the engine for you during the stop)

7. Make sure you have the 'PIT SPEED LIMITER' AND 'PIT REQUEST' buttons mapped. Towards the end of your inlap press the 'Pit request' button (if you do not do this the pitcrew make you wait for an extra 5 seconds before they start the pitstop)

8. Make sure you have slowed down to 60KPH before the cones and engage the pitspeed limiter.

9. If you want to change your pitstop settings during the race you wil need to map the 'Pit stops' section buttons. when setting the fuel and tyre options (before or during the race) make sure the box is highlighted green or it wont carry out the command during the race!

10. The following link has some useful info on the subject:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/pit-stop-tutorial-june-2017.137144/

11. I would avise everyone to practice a few stops off line, but remember you must have the session set to 'GET REAL' otherwise it automates some of the pit functions.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 01:18:16 PM +0100 by SRW » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 01:17:22 PM +0100 »

We are back to RRE this weekend with the first Enduro format race of the new season!

Please read the rules above about the pitstops, you have to be very careful with the speed limits entering and exiting the pits (instant disqualification if you break them). I would advise trying a couple of practice pitstops before the night.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 02:22:36 PM +0100 »

Race day tomorrow!
Practice server is up. Hopefully we will get more than three people turn up for the second race in the series
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 07:24:06 PM +0100 »

Race day tomorrow!
Practice server is up. Hopefully we will get more than three people turn up for the second race in the series

Hoping to be there but not certain at the moment.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 07:48:22 PM +0100 »

Hoping to be there but not certain at the moment.

+1
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 03:06:05 PM +0100 »

I'll be there but i just really hate this track and really struggle with it. I dont think i'll last the race!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 05:34:18 PM +0100 »

FYI - There is an option in the settings to automate the pitstop, could be a good option to reduce the chance of messing up the pitstop and ruining your race.

Also don't forget to set your pit stop options in the settings page before the race. You can do this on the fly during the race but you need to ensure you have mapped the relevant buttons for navigating the option menu (and remember which button is which during the heat of battle!)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 07:06:26 PM +0100 »

My pc has just decided to do a win10 update without my permission  Sad
Pot luck if it will have updated in time for me to race tonight
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 07:59:19 PM +0100 »

My pc has just decided to do a win10 update without my permission  Sad
Pot luck if it will have updated in time for me to race tonight

Good old windows, update crashed and failed so I am back online and ready to race
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2019, 08:06:20 PM +0100 »

I noticed the race duration on the server is set to 30 mins not 40 mins.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 09:16:20 PM +0100 »

Urrrrrrfff. Checked and double checked my pitstop settings and still managed to mess up. Didn't see my pitbox when I pitted and must have been a bit too eager driving out as I was given a speeding penalty.

Decided to call it a night as I don't like Oschers anyway  Sad can never get my braking right into that horrible T1 which always resulted in me losing time or at one point almost taking out Dieter....not sure how you avoided me but apologies anyway.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2019, 10:45:00 PM +0100 »

Enjoyed that, was not far off the pace, and Geoff pretended to fall off a couple of times so I had a rabbit to chase   Roll Eyes

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
frex

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 01:27:06 PM +0100 »

Only just made it home in time and joined the race with a few minutes to go. Then forgot it was a rolling start - sorry for that  oops

Good fun early on, but there were also a few spinners. All went well until my stop when I wasn't sure if I had engaged the limiter correctly, and in being distracted about that I also missed my box. Really wish there was some kind of audio or visual cue to let you know when the limiter has engaged - not the first time I've been caught out. Anyway, seems it hadn't engaged and I had to serve a drive through, and after that Geoff was only a few seconds behind and catching. Until the last lap that is, when he suddenly dropped back again. On another day he would have caught me, bad luck Geoff.

Enjoyed the race. Congrats Geoff and Matt, thanks to all.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 01:32:53 PM +0100 »

not sure how you avoided me but apologies anyway.

Yeah T1 is horrible, no worries.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 05:44:35 PM +0100 »

Like others Oschersleben is not one of my favourite  tracks but I did quite enjoy this race. Seemed to spend most of the race in between spins in the company of Matt & had a fun last few laps chasing Frex, shame I got a wheel on the grass at T3 & almost spun on the last lap.

Congrats to Frex on the win & Matt in 3rd.  clap clap
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com