The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 10:04:52 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E6 GT3 Chang, Buriram: October 20, 2019
October 20, 2019, 09:19:18 PM +0100 - Chang, Buriram - RRE Season 6 (2019) GT3 Autumn Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari P4/5 Competizione GT3 3 +0.892
---
1 40:02.060
---
24 1 1:35.358
---
Pirelli  
Chunky

Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 1 1:35.044
---
2 +0.473
---
24 0 1:35.456
---
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M6 GT3 GT3 4 +1.044
---
3 +43.975
---
24 1 1:35.964
---
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW Alpina B6 GT3 5 +1.838
---
4 +1:05.142
---
24 1 1:36.119
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 6 +2.359
---
5 +1:16.467
---
24 1 1:36.908
---
Pirelli  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 2 +0.855
---
6 +6L 18 1 1:36.330
---
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT3
1:35.044
---
Chunky
Qualifying
Mercedes AMG GT3October 20, 2019, 09:19:18 PM +0100
E6GT3
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 6 (2019) GT3 Autumn Series - Chang, Buriram - Oct 20  (Read 7206 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2019, 01:20:41 PM +0100 »

Practice: 20:00 (30 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 (40mins)

Cars allowed: GTR3

Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Rolling start
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Compulsory Pitstop for two Tyres (fuel is optional) See pitstop rules below

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the relevant Track Packs for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.
(6) Start procedure
*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
 [/quote][/quote]

PITSTOP RULES

1. During timed races the mandatory pitstop window opens 3 minutes into the race and closes 3 minutes from then end. There will be a prompt at the top of the screen to remind you.

2. The pitlane speed limit is 60 KPH. The section of the pitlane which is covered by this limit is highlighted at the start and finish by a white line on the tarmac and a traffic cone at either side of the line.

3. If you drive in this section between 60 & 100 KPH you will get a drive through penalty. If you go over 100 KPH you will get DISQUALIFIED FROM THE RACE

4. You must change at least two tyres during the pitstop, Fuel is optional.

5. You can preset your pit strategy before the race or change it on the fly during the race

6. If you map the starter and ignition buttons you will have to stop and start the engine manually during the pitstop (my advice is to unmap the buttons so that the game starts and stops the engine for you during the stop)

7. Make sure you have the 'PIT SPEED LIMITER' AND 'PIT REQUEST' buttons mapped. Towards the end of your inlap press the 'Pit request' button (if you do not do this the pitcrew make you wait for an extra 5 seconds before they start the pitstop)

8. Make sure you have slowed down to 60KPH before the cones and engage the pitspeed limiter.

9. If you want to change your pitstop settings during the race you wil need to map the 'Pit stops' section buttons. when setting the fuel and tyre options (before or during the race) make sure the box is highlighted green or it wont carry out the command during the race!

10. The following link has some useful info on the subject:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/pit-stop-tutorial-june-2017.137144/

11. I would avise everyone to practice a few stops off line, but remember you must have the session set to 'GET REAL' otherwise it automates some of the pit functions.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 12:58:43 PM +0100 »

Back to RRE GT3's this Sunday!

Another mini enduro round (note: ROLLING START and watch out for the pitlane SPEED LIMIT during the pitstop)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 08:41:22 PM +0100 »

Practice server is up and running for tomorrow nights race
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 08:55:48 PM +0100 »

I'm going to struggle to focus for 40mins around this pretty dull track Wink

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 09:44:04 PM +0100 »

I'm going to struggle to focus for 40mins around this pretty dull track Wink

Just done half hour of praccy, The third/fourth gear section on the second half of this track is awesome!  Grin
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 08:00:38 PM +0100 »

Just to say, the password is still the practise one, if people are trying.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 09:38:32 PM +0100 »

Good race, messed up the pitstops as usual. Couldn't find the entrance, so had to go round again. then found the entrance but
changed tyres when I didn't really need to....

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
frex

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 11:57:25 AM +0100 »

Enjoyed that, and another good race with John. I think I won that one in the pits as before the stops I was a few tenths behind, but afterwards I somehow came out a few in front, and that was about the only difference between us. Just about managed to hang on for the win.

Good race. Congrats John and Geoff, thanks to all.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 11:59:27 AM +0100 »

Btw, don't know if it's important but the results show John as not stopping, although he definitely did.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 12:59:48 PM +0100 »

Fairly lonely race for the most part for me. Lost a lot of time early on with several mistakes including running into the rear of Matt at the final turn, apologies Matt, I braked in plenty of time just not hard enough Roll Eyes. Had a few laps battling with Matt & Stephen before pulling away into a clear 3rd place albeit way behind Frex & John. I presume they both only changed 2 tyres at their pitstops as I was some 15s or more slower in the pits changing all 4.

Congrats to Frex & John way ahead of the rest of us.  clap clap
Chunky

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 01:09:11 PM +0100 »

Wow what a race! it was so close all the way through with Frex, great racing with you again!
Thinking that my pit crew might need some practise as I think that was the only thing between us in the end! dam those Italians Tongue
Not sure how you drive that Ferrari as the view from the cockpit is not good? and you can see a lot on the left hand side.

till the next one

JP
frex

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 10:50:41 PM +0100 »

I presume they both only changed 2 tyres at their pitstops as I was some 15s or more slower in the pits changing all 4.

Yeah I only changed the rears. Although thinking about it, may be better to change fronts instead and then turn up TC later in the race to preserve the rears.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 10:54:37 PM +0100 »

Not sure how you drive that Ferrari as the view from the cockpit is not good?

It's a bit claustrophobic, but much better in VR as you can look around the cockpit.

Chunky

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2019, 05:41:59 PM +0100 »

Hi Frex

Which VR headset do you use, I am thinking that is it time to go VR instead of 3 screens

JP
frex

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2019, 09:25:00 PM +0100 »

I've got an original Oculus Rift (CV1). The resolution is not as good as what can be obtained with newer headsets now, but nonetheless the feeling you get of actually being there, sat in the car, is amazing. Really enhances simracing imho. Probably at the moment it's between the Rift S, Vive Pro or Valve Index - I'm pretty much set on selling my Rift now and getting a Valve Index..
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com