by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 02:16:20 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: NoGrip Legacy TC Event 16: Autodrome Linas Montlhery Normal Race  (Read 711 times)
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2019, 07:41:40 PM +0100 »

NoGrip Legacy TC Championship 2019
Linas Montlhery
23rd of September, 2019

Visit to the last operational oval in europe. This time as evening race. It will be dark when the race ends, so check your lights.

Server info:
- Server Name: NoGrip Legacy TC Server
- Password: tc4ever

Event Info
Track: Autodrome Linas Montlhery (3405 Layout, including the chicanes.)
Track download: *DOWNLOAD*

Allowed Classes: Division 2 classes.
  • 1000 - 1299cc.
  • 1300 - 1599cc.
Qualifying: 20 minutes, starts at 20:10 BST.
Race: Length 38 laps, starts at approx. 20:30  BST.
Virtual Race Start Time: 19:00
Scoring:
  • Both classes score points separately. Winner of each class receives 9 points, 2nd in each class receives 8 points and so on and so forth.
  • Overall winner of the race scores additional 1 point.
  • Start in a class where driver has not started yet in this season, scores automatically 3 additional points.

Notes
- While Tony did gave me the great idea of using no flag rules for running non-chicaned banking, I decided to use normal rules and the chicanes, to keep the cars more close to each other. However This is a great track and we will return here in some other championship and with cars more propriety running the banking without speed limiting chicanes. Smiley
- I have noticed small slowdown in FPS, when the track lights gets lit. This happens only in last chicane and effected part of track is approximately about 80 meters long. However I highly recommend that each racer tests the effect by driving ~5 laps or so in single player free practice with practice time set up as 20:00. IF the slowdown is unbearable to many racers and it is reported early as possible, I consider changing the race to daytime race.
- Race starts in dusk, so amount of sun light will fade away when the race goes on.
- Check that you know how to turn on head lights and I recommend turning them on from the start as the amount of light is rather limited already.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 09:49:28 PM +0100 by Nappe1 » Logged

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 05:07:24 AM +0100 »

I have no problems with frame rate with lights on at night!  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 09:02:29 AM +0100 »

I have no problems with frame rate with lights on at night!  Grin

Same here. Grin
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 06:24:31 PM +0100 »

Server is now up for testing. Smiley

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 08:58:53 PM +0100 »

Working fine offline for me too.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 06:14:31 AM +0100 »

BillThomas, Geoffers and SpecialKS: great to hear. Track looks very very good in evening mode, so great to have evening race. Smiley

Markus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 07:00:28 AM +0100 »

Offline everything is fine. There is a framedrop but not crtitcal. And the track looks terrific  thumbup1
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 10:24:20 AM +0100 »

Looks likely that I will not be able to attend tonight  Cry

Have fun guy's.

PS - UKGTL's Christmas Special is now announced. Details here Everyone's welcome to join us for our annual Xmas over-indulgence.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 10:27:28 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 06:50:24 PM +0100 »

Server is now online. Smiley

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 09:47:08 PM +0100 »

Sorry guys about sudden end... But, It actually was not track's fault. 

I checked the server logs and for some reason server saw all the others except Markus to disconnect almost same time. That's really odd as my gaming computer and the server are connected to same network switch and that's connected to my router, so why I was also disconnected but Markus stayed?  Huh I did notice that when exiting to the lobby, it took awfully long time to get connection and see available games. Again Lobby is located in Germany and so is Markus, so IF lobby server had some problems keeping connections to outside Germany, that could explain sudden dropout to rest of us. Server keeps connection to lobby to info it about joined players and game going on, so if the lobby does not see the player connected to it, Lobby might signal to the server that that particular account / player went offline and so should be marked as Disconnected in game as well...

Anyways, I had some really intense racing with EvilClive and Salesman and Salesman was only 0.8 seconds behind me when the Next track went on. I might make a video out of it. It was really great. Bellett was faster in straights, but for example in those chicanes, I was awfully slow against Salesman's Mini.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 09:52:00 PM +0100 by Nappe1 » Logged

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 08:16:29 PM +0100 »

Not the most exciting of races, although the track was quite clap fun, so wasn't too disappointed when the race ended early.

Amazed by the laptimes Markus achieved, seems he had got the car to handle the chicane kerbs, something I could not manage, kept losing control if I took too much kerb, so had to try to keep the wheels on the tarmac. So congrats to Markus on a convincing win.  clap

I think Markus is now leading the championship & as I am away at Spa next week he is champion. Congrats again Markus.

As Nappe's series comes to an end next week, UKGTL will be running a Monday night series beginning on Oct 7th featuring the 1972 Alpine A364 F3 car, this car is great fun to drive so I hope some of you will come along to these races. Wiltshire Tony will be posting race invitations soon. Race schedule is here:

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=752&theme=5
salesman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 09:51:38 PM +0100 »

Nappe I want the replay from last if you have it!
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2019, 05:55:35 AM +0100 »

Here's the longest battle between me and Salesman with EvilClive mixing the situation as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujkqzsc2FCo

Nappe I want the replay from last if you have it!

I will post it tonight. Smiley

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2019, 06:00:50 AM +0100 »

Sorry guys, but AutoSim Analyzer could not generate the necessary graphical files for the result charts  Huh
The data are there but I assume that is related to the "sudden death" of the race.  Tongue

@ Nappe - thanks for the replay. Watched the permanent position changes from behind on my XD tool during the race
but had no local replay on my computer  Huh Maybe another relation to the race finish.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 06:14:34 AM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2019, 06:40:58 AM +0100 »

Sorry guys, but AutoSim Analyzer could not generate the necessary graphical files for the result charts  Huh
The data are there but I assume that is related to the "sudden death" of the race.  Tongue

@ Nappe - thanks for the replay. Watched the permanent position changes from behind on my XD tool during the race
but had no local replay on my computer  Huh Maybe another relation to the race finish.
I noticed as well that Race Sim Analyzer was not able to make the web reports... Probably due the connection problem.
I will do PDF later tonight, so that we'll get the results and points done.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com