The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 02:52:58 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • nkPro Fun: May 26, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: nkPro Fun - 26th May  (Read 12868 times)
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2006, 08:22:00 PM +0100 »

The 2000 is a bit too easy to drive, once you get the damn thing started!

I prefer the 1600/1800 too.

Legends Racing simracing team
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2006, 08:22:22 PM +0100 »

Ok - sorted. Come and create mayhem Smiley

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2006, 08:22:54 PM +0100 »

Thanks Picnic c u there
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2006, 10:25:58 PM +0100 »

Funnily enough I enjoyed that, 2 wins for Team Shark  Grin

Sorry for the earlier problems, me not being able to type again. Spelt the car class wrong  Embarrassed

The 1800's are much more fun than the 2000's with their wings to hold everything together but I really struggled during P1 and Qual with the gear changes when we reverted to the 1800's. Come the race and it was all pretty good. Thanks for coming, hope you get the sound problems sorted SbG.

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2006, 10:31:00 PM +0100 »

Well done to Picnic on the two wins  Cool

Hard luck to SBG with the tech worries - I had the same problem until I put sound latency back up to 50ms.....dont know if you've changed it?
I had great fun anyway - no weirdness or warping, no bouncing cars or suspension parts, in fact I've played 2000km online so far and generally the game play is excellent.

The 1800 was a big shock to the system after the FRenault. One thing about NK is the setup - if its wrong it just doesn't stay on the track, never mind give good laptimes.
Here's what I smudged together on the spot.... think its pretty ok
http://homepage.eircom.net/~mo44/gtr/f1800_prato_mo.nks

Thanks for the server Picnic, and well done again.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2006, 11:07:33 PM +0100 »

Thanks for going the extra mile Picnic  Smiley. Enjoyed that, well the first bit anyways.

Tried that Mo, and reinstall, but nothings fixed it. I still get constant banging sound with 1800 cars whether online or offline. Oddly,  only appeared after I tried to alter set-up in 1800 after reinstall and gets louder, and faster, the lower I set up the car  Huh. The car is also impossibly difficult to drive (massive oversteer) and am sure you must have had fun in a very different vehicle, sure it was different before patch. Totally exasperated. Am I the only one with X-Fi sound card? I know there are some issues with it and games.

Clearly not the necessary interest in Nk here, but hopefully some fun races will still take place. I enjoy it so much that might have to look for a league, just as long as they don't involve the 1800's  Smiley.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 12:30:59 AM +0100 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2006, 12:59:52 AM +0100 »

Thanks for going the extra mile Picnic  Smiley. Enjoyed that, well the first bit anyways.

Tried that Mo, and reinstall, but nothings fixed it. I still get constant banging sound with 1800 cars whether online or offline. Oddly,  only appeared after I tried to alter set-up in 1800 after reinstall and gets louder, and faster, the lower I set up the car  Huh. The car is also impossibly difficult to drive (massive oversteer) and am sure you must have had fun in a very different vehicle, sure it was different before patch. Totally exasperated. Am I the only one with X-Fi sound card? I know there are some issues with it and games.

Clearly not the necessary interest in Nk here, but hopefully some fun races will still take place. I enjoy it so much that might have to look for a league, just as long as they don't involve the 1800's  Smiley.

To me it sounds like maybe one wheel is stuck underneath the road surface. I get banging sometimes after fiddling with the setup on a damaged car, but it rights itself after "fixing" it. I wonder if you could launch yourself off a hill and maybe get it free?

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2006, 08:58:49 AM +0100 »

I really enjoyed that too Smiley

Thanks to Picnic for sorting the server out and congrats on the wins.

Shame there were on 5 of us Sad

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2006, 11:41:01 AM +0100 »

Sorry all- forgot about a gig I'd booked a while back- annoyed to have missed this. Sounded like fun and certainly offers something different from the usual ISI based fare.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2006, 02:52:02 PM +0100 »

Sounds like you have a corrupted setup maybe, or something with the tyre physics has gone haywire.
Does the problem still exist if you load a different setup before starting the session?
Have you changed tyres? You've always got the same tyres even after a reboot, and even after you re-paste in the original nk install AFAIK, because the current tyre file is only created after you drive (not in the install).

Try these and let us know how it goes...
Cheers,
Mo.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 11:52:09 AM +0100 »

Thanks for the advice chaps. I downloaded a 1800 set up from RSC, used it and problem solved. Points to corrupted set up file I guess.

Now I see why you wanted to use the 1800's. Can we do it again? Wink

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 01:12:40 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the advice chaps. I downloaded a 1800 set up from RSC, used it and problem solved. Points to corrupted set up file I guess.

Glad to hear you've got the issue sorted.
Even though the new setup solved it I still think that its a sound latency thing that causes it in the first place.. I had all sorts of problems, including constant banging in the 1600/1800 cars, until I put the sound latency back up to 50ms. Sometimes I got the problem when starting the car too - the starter sound would continue forever.

Now I see why you wanted to use the 1800's. Can we do it again? Wink

I'm sure we can convince Picnic to come back and defend his unbroken run of wins Wink
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 06:21:52 PM +0100 »

I'm sure we can convince Picnic to come back and defend his unbroken run of wins Wink

No chance, I'm quitting while at the top of my game  Grin

Sure we can, I'll sort out a slot when Shark has left one free, except not this Friday as I'm out Wink

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2006, 10:15:04 AM +0100 »

Please sir, can we have one more? Wink Or a date when a few can make it?

Been doing a few league, and public, races and having a blast. Just a shame the games a bloody mess and I ain't to hopeful that it will ever be fixed.

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2006, 10:41:11 AM +0100 »

I'd like another crack at it too.

It does feel like it will never get fixed but there's definately another patch coming, we just don't know when... or what it will fix...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com