The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 01:58:05 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • nkPro Fun: May 26, 2006
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: nkPro Fun - 26th May  (Read 12784 times)
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2006, 11:24:42 AM +0100 »

If there is one, I'll probably pop along too.

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2006, 11:33:47 AM +0100 »

It does feel like it will never get fixed but there's definately another patch coming, we just don't know when... or what it will fix...

Don't you just love hopeEvil

I'll have a blast with you guys if it's a date I can race on.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2006, 12:39:46 PM +0100 »

Was wondering how this game was coming along. I take it from reading your posts that its still badly bugged and none too well supported  Huh

Shame as it would have been good to have a good single seater sim to race you lot with as well as the tin-tops.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2006, 12:46:21 PM +0100 »

The suspicion is that Kunos has sold or partnered with someone in regard to the game engine, hence the 6 week silence. He was very vocal on RSC before 6 weeks ago and since then absolutely nothing, nadda, zip, so there is obviously something going on (or not). Of course it could be something really bad like he died.  Sad Shocked

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2006, 01:02:41 PM +0100 »

Of course it could be something really bad like he died.  Sad Shocked

LOL, this might console some of his happier customers over at RSC. And I'll be up for any Friday NK race days.

Mark, for gods sake, spend the 30 notes and join in  Wink. Although its undeniably broken, and may never be fixed, I have still had a good return for the amount invested (I spent more getting a blinding headache and depressed watching Eng vs Swe last week).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:04:32 PM +0100 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2006, 02:44:53 PM +0100 »

It's worth the £30 to find out what proper force-feedback feels like!

Though that's no good to you any more eh SBG?  Tongue

Legends Racing simracing team
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2006, 03:31:53 PM +0100 »

It's worth the £30 to find out what proper force-feedback feels like!

Though that's no good to you any more eh SBG?  Tongue

LOL, it doesn't appear to be slowing him down much though judging by the speed of the flying pasty I saw last night  Grin

btw Mark I cant recommend NK enough. The feedback is unbelieveable and the physcics are great. In these two areas its simply the best sim imo.
There are a few minor bugs though Cheesy. Having said that I've had great races online and the driving quality is awesome  Cool

Edit to say that I'm on for any nk fun races too. Hopefully get a bigger grid than last time.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2006, 10:01:20 AM +0100 »

I fancy racing tonight if anyones around  Smiley. Any old car/track combo will do, just name a server (theres not many to choose from Wink). Or, a go in Rfactor will do, the Megane mod is a real laugh.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2006, 10:53:04 AM +0100 »

I fancy racing tonight if anyones around  Smiley. Any old car/track combo will do, just name a server (theres not many to choose from Wink). Or, a go in Rfactor will do, the Megane mod is a real laugh.

Have you tried the Armaroli World Cup (A1G) for rFactor?
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1798.0

Well worth a go.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2006, 03:52:37 PM +0100 »

Still no great interest in NK then  Embarrassed. Oh well, it saddens me to see such a great base of a sim go to waste, shame on Kunos.

The A1G thing is enjoyable stuff, the feeling of speed is very good. In fact, since returning from my WC sabbatical, not really been drawn back to GTR and have really enjoyed some Rfactor stuff purely for fun. Mind you, my choices change like the wind.

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2006, 08:02:58 AM +0100 »

Still no great interest in NK then  Embarrassed. Oh well, it saddens me to see such a great base of a sim go to waste, shame on Kunos.

The A1G thing is enjoyable stuff, the feeling of speed is very good. In fact, since returning from my WC sabbatical, not really been drawn back to GTR and have really enjoyed some Rfactor stuff purely for fun. Mind you, my choices change like the wind.

If your just doing online pick-up races look at GRC as its a no-commitment-to-race place. Just waiting for SRou to decide that rF is worthy of a championship Cheesy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2006, 11:12:45 AM +0100 »

Just waiting for SRou to decide that rF is worthy of a championship Cheesy

I personally think it is, but it's not up to me. There needs to be a critical mass of drivers who actually want to participate in a championship for one or two specific mods.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2006, 02:35:56 PM +0100 »

Just waiting for SRou to decide that rF is worthy of a championship Cheesy

I personally think it is, but it's not up to me. There needs to be a critical mass of drivers who actually want to participate in a championship for one or two specific mods.

Aye, but SRou is self selecting, ie people join because they have bought GTR or/and GTL, and the proportion of those will have rF is never going to be near that because they joined here because they have one or the other... If you start an rF league, people will come who have rF.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2006, 07:19:48 PM +0100 »

I tried nKPro recently again after getting hold of the Monaco, Silverstone and Zandvoort track and I have to say I just don't get it.

The force feedback is wierd, the driving position is awful (I hate being forced in cockpit as I just cant drive there), lack of virtual mirrors is madness and the sound is just dire. But the main thing I just don't like how they drive, it just doesn't feel right. I don't get this whole "fantastic physics" or "fantastic feel of the car underneath".

Just my opinion but I actually prefer rFactor to nKPro in pure terms of feel, obviously rFactor is far superior in EVERYTHING else. GTR/GTL/GTR 2 are still better than rFactor for feel too!

Looking forward to trying something new in a championship format. Single seaters is totally different from anything else we do atm. Although quite frankly, i'm quite looking forward to driving at all, been so busy at work I just have no time for SimRacing.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2006, 10:22:59 AM +0100 »

I think we'll always disagree on NK Shark  Cheesy
It just shows that's it different strokes for different folks. I cant get enough of it at the moment and I had one of my best online racing experiences ever last night racing at Aviano.
Absolutely brilliant Tongue
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:36:00 AM +0100 by mo » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com