The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 08:52:23 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14 Silverstone: October 09, 2019
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 - F1 '75 Shakedown Test Race - Silverstone - Oct 9  (Read 2397 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2019, 01:20:31 PM +0100 »

Practise: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  40mins

Cars allowed:
F1 1975 Cars
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u3zihr7yj1c8y2i/F1C75_Historic_F1_by_Bazza_v1.05.rar/file

Then Patch 1.1 (physics update) - un-zip to your \content\cars folder:-

Download Physics update v1.1 (Need Full Mod v1.05 as base)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5b16v6648dw657x/F1C75+Historic+F1+Physics+update+v1.1+by+Bazza.rar

Track: Silverstone (Historic) - '67 (Kunos track)

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Mid-clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Not required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 60%

Password: see above

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 08:58:51 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 01:29:50 PM +0100 »

Can i also ask that our faster alien-esque drivers dont take the best cars to give the rest of us mortals a fighting chance  Kiss  But as in the real world, fast drivers tend to get given the fastest cars! So again, i'm not put out either way.
Maybe someone can post a performance table up of the car set so people can choose a suitable steed? (looking at FMG/Goldtop for their knowledge!)

@SRW, if you could get the mod installed on the server and a praccy server up at your earliest convenience it would be most appreciated  euro  Only took me about 5mins to install it and copy the handful of files from the Lotus and F312 folders.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 11:20:12 AM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 05:14:21 PM +0100 »

Can't help on a performance set - I've driven about 6 cars so far on different tracks.
In all honesty I think the speeds will relate more to finding car's that drive 'your' way. So for me the Hesketh is great because it's pretty tail-happy, I also went quite well at Dijon in a BRM as it handles very well - but is (in RL at least) out-classed in all other respects. For comparison I was equal or slower in the 312 - which was the car to beat in the real series but didn't drive in a way I liked.

As for Silverstone - I say the '67 variant, only Woodcote is different as opposed to the entire track.
Also the old layout is better for racing on, nearly every corner is a passing oportunity - The newer layouts were all just exercises in slowing the cars down and became more and more fiddly.
If the track is fun (the 'Ring, Zandy 67, Rouen, Clermont etc.) then I'm all for fighting the track, but if it's a choice between fighting a dull track or other drivers then the other driver option always wins Wink
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 06:59:40 PM +0100 »

I've "tested" all of the cars in the sense that I've had a blast around Silverstone National for a few laps in each one on default settings....maybe adjusting brake balance here or there. I've also had a few short races against the AI on a few different tracks.

My impressions are that the cars are pretty much evenly matched and that driver ability and practise/setup will count far more than car choice. Might be good fun and spice things up a bit if us mortals could pair up with the quicker drivers to have a manufacturers championship  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 07:13:09 PM +0100 »

My impressions are that the cars are pretty much evenly matched and that driver ability and practise/setup will count far more than car choice.

That was my findings too after trying 4 different cars at Silverstone 90 last night.

Might be good fun and spice things up a bit if us mortals could pair up with the quicker drivers to have a manufacturers championship  Smiley

interesting proposition, but would only work if we had a good turnout  Undecided otherwise it might be only 4-5 teams of 2 drivers, which means only 4 or 5 car makes present.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 11:11:57 AM +0100 »

Track confirmed as the stock Kunos historic Silverstone layout so one less mod to worry about  Smiley  I prefer the 90's layout personally but will stick with period correct.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 09:11:43 AM +0100 »

sorry SRW saw your message too late to check the lobby and now i'm stuck at work.

Did an offline race weekend with the AI last night and really enjoyed it. A full grid of these looks spectacular!  Cool  The AI even put up a good race. My PB in qually was a 1:21.9 (driving the Hesketh) which got me 3rd but top two were on 1:21.8 so not far off.

I recommend having an offline race to get used to racing these in traffic, but the cars behave very well and even the odd 4 wheel drift is controllable. Just dont thump the low concrete walls on the inside apex or its an instant bent steering arm! Love the grass pick up on the tyres if you run wide too, quality mod.

The real test will be to see what times our resident fast guys put in, so look forward to seeing some lap times on the server via stracker.  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 11:21:36 AM +0100 »

if anyone reading this race thread is interested in doing the F1 '75 series, can you let me know in the discussion thread so we get an idea of numbers, ta Smiley[/b]

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=16312.msg297352#new
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:47:06 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 07:16:35 PM +0100 »

Server works fine SRW, many thanks for sorting  Smiley  Any chance we can have a welcome message telling people about srouk (with a link) and upcoming F1 '75 series?

There were 3 of us on there already this eve, I only popped on to test it and ended up staying an hour  laugh  There was a new name on there who I was intending to invite but he left before I chatted to him. He tried several cars so may be keen.  Smiley

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 09:39:02 PM +0100 »

I have looked over the server template  and found the problem, (I made a copy of my Sunday night template and modified it, but there are different port numbers on the Wednesday night version. After modifying the Wednesday night template it starts ok)
Expect you understand now but the different port numbers allow us to run multiple instances at the same time

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 01:32:38 AM +0100 »

Mark, the new guy on server is a friend of mine. He can be interested.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 12:21:45 PM +0100 »

Mark, the new guy on server is a friend of mine. He can be interested.

Good stuff Fabri, thanks for spreading the word, more the merrier  Smiley Takes us up to 10 drivers already.  thumbup1  (11 if Goldtop is racing?)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:49:14 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 05:19:57 PM +0100 »

@ SRW can you reduce the race time on the practise server to 5 mins when you can, otherwise people trying to join are locked out if a race is in progress. Ta

Barone

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 09:37:57 PM +0100 »

Hi everyone. I'm the friend of Fabri.
Always a fan of Vintage cars,I just approached the motor-sim world. Should be interesting. I'll should be in for this race and maybe for some race of the championship.
cheers
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2019, 09:46:20 PM +0100 »

Welcome onboard Barone, hope to see you racing here  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com