The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 11:21:25 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14 Zandvoort: October 16, 2019
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 - F1 '75 Test Race Zandvoort - Oct 16  (Read 2386 times)
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2019, 05:54:06 PM +0100 »

Another fun race.

During qualifying Fmg was doing low 1.36 (then 1.35.9) much faster than of what I was doing. I thought that if he could make those times, I could do it or at least try. So I did 1.36.000, qualifying 2nd on the grid.

I started well and at first corner I was on lead. I had some troubles with cold and hard tryres in braking, but Fmg and Mark know how racing and were able to avoid contacts (sorry guys for the risk).
I kept the head for about half the race, often covering the inside lines. In every case, Fmg had a better pace and after some pressure, he passed me at Tarzan Corner (in this case I was not in covering line). I tryed follow him, but he was a bit faster and I finished at 3 seconds.

Another final second place.  angel
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2019, 10:13:13 PM +0100 »

I thought these were a blast here. I tried 3 cars for this one - all on hards and with enough fuel to do 40 mins.
The March was nice but would have gone faster with more time spent on setup.
The Parnelli really seemed to suit my driving and was over half a second faster before I even played with the setup - over race distance I think it would actually be faster than the Hesketh.

The Hesketh is an absolute blast. Blindingly fast, but with questionable rear grip. Especially after the tires start going off.
After a bit of setup work I got it to the point where it could be slid through the slower corners on most attempts and could get all the way over the hill without lifting. This did make it a handful after about 20 mins though..

For F1 cars I thought these were surprisingly good for close battles, if you get really close there seems to be some aero wash. But there's so much mechanical grip this doesn't cause major issues.

We desperately need to attract a decent sized grid and run a series  Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com