The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 10:14:21 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14 Silverstone: October 09, 2019
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 - F1 '75 Shakedown Test Race - Silverstone - Oct 9  (Read 2465 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2019, 08:22:35 PM +0100 »

I saw that Fabri, well done  Shocked Cool

I found the hards gave a fair bit of understeer, did you adjust your setup to compensate?

I will be in either a Shadow, Hesketh or a Tyrell tomorrow eve  Smiley

vva_avv

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2019, 09:02:13 PM +0100 »

Hey all! tried to join prac server, checksum failed:( ... only works with 312T. donno why.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 09:04:04 PM +0100 by vva_avv » Logged
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2019, 09:05:26 PM +0100 »

Yes, the understeering is because with hards the rear is lower than with softs. I increased the rear height a bit. Check also gears, with hards also that change.

I would take Williams.
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2019, 09:07:53 PM +0100 »

Hey all! tried to join prac server, checksum failed:( ... only works with 312T. donno why.

Mod version 1.1. There is the link in this topic. It is a small file.
vva_avv

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2019, 09:12:45 PM +0100 »

Thx for Fabri problem solved!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2019, 09:34:09 AM +0100 »

Race day folks, hope to see a decent grid tonight  Smiley

@SRW, hope you are good for the server duties?

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2019, 01:19:25 PM +0100 »

Race day folks, hope to see a decent grid tonight  Smiley

@SRW, hope you are good for the server duties?

Yes I am ok for server duties
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2019, 07:40:00 PM +0100 »

server is up and running, any problems shout out in this thread
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2019, 07:51:19 PM +0100 »

Thanks SRW  Smiley

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2019, 09:18:52 PM +0100 »

Roll Eyes Settled into a good rhythm and found I was going quicker every lap and set a new pb. Got my fuel calcs way off, ran out with 7 mins to go, bugger. This series is going to be mega.
vva_avv

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2019, 09:24:51 PM +0100 »

Nice racing ... ahead of me:) My sreen became black for some 5-7 seconds. So crash - pis - repairing -7th place... fooking computer.
donno what is pproblem. Looks like video card changes application for some seconds and then back... Sad sh~t.
Still very, very nice race! grats all folks!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2019, 09:52:44 PM +0100 »

Seems like a very solid mod to me. Thought there might be a bug with rear tyre dimensions of the softs (as mentioned earlier in thread) but there's plenty of room in the setup for adjustment so maybe that's just the way they were back in the day. Cool detail if that's the case.

Didn't notice any problems or weirdness and the car drove well throughout the race. Fuel usage might be slightly off....I put in enough for 30 laps but had to slow down on last lap as I was well into the red. I put a wheel on the grass on the s/f straight which spun me into the pit wall as expected. Not a heavy impact but some minor damage which didn't seem to affect the car too much so 70% damage is probably about right. Tyre wear was fine....I was on hards and had probably 60% remaining on my rear left at race end.

If we have a series I'll probably stick with the Parnelli car if that's ok.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2019, 09:57:51 PM +0100 »

well LOL that was fun,  but starting a new undriven car 20 min before qually probably wasn't the best plan, so I'll use that as my excuse for being dog slow tonight  Tongue

Apologies to sir barone,  I don't usually forget to put it into gear at the start  Hit with a wet fish - hope that didn't mess up your race!

For the proper races can we please have a grid of 10 x 2 car teams or similar and everyone has to pre-select a car and stick with it,  because tonight I was just trying to pick a car no one else had practised for days so I didn't mess up their race, and it didn't really work out  Tongue

Congrats to the podium, was nice to see Jari get up there  thumbup1
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2019, 08:38:02 AM +0100 »

really enjoyed that last night, nice to have some proper racing with other humans for the first time in ages with a quasi-decent grid of 12? only need a few more and thats the full compliment of F1 75 cars  Smiley

Couldnt match my pb's in qually predictably, wasnt used to other cars about distracting! but still got on the 2nd row.

Had a good start off the line but the car then bogged down when i must have changed up too early whilst glancing at the cars on either side of me heading down to T1  Shocked  to avoid any chance of contact i took a wider line but the combo of off-line lack of grip and cold hard tyres made the car a real struggle for lap1 whilst several cars on softs got amongst us. There were all sorts of battles going on throughout the grid as guys swapped places, any lift of the throttle would immediately allow 2 or 3 cars past. I had a torrid first couple of laps until my tyres got some temp and took me while to start getting my rhythm back and clawing back places which was fun  Smiley
I even caught up with Fabri at one point, he must have had an off, but he gradually eeked away from me in 3rd place.
Finished 4th, almost dripping with sweat from the effort! (is the ffb slightly ramped up for these? - felt realistic anyway)

Cars looked ace in action and on the grid and many drivers seem to be on similar pace which bodes well for racing  thumbup1

For the series we will have a drivers file so your chosen car will be assigned to you (maximum 2 of each type will be allowed). Personally i still want to try out the rest of the set so will ask if we can run the practise server a bit longer.  Smiley

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2019, 08:39:15 AM +0100 »

As GT stated, there looked to be no issues with this mod and these are great for racing.
The new physics mod and the switch to hards caught me out though. I noticed on the grid that my toe settings where totally off. Had to ride around that during the race. Still it looks like tweaking the setup again can make it behave.

Start of the race was nice with this bigger grid and had some good scraps all race long. Unfortunately i was quite tired and by the end of the race i clipped the grass and damaged the car. Was still be able to bring it over the line. Had good fun.

Ohh and like MJ I would like some more praccy time to establish a preferred car list and create some sort of decent base set-up. Always takes me a while and i don't have a lot of spare time.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 08:43:30 AM +0100 by Stefan aka Postal » Logged

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com