The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 01:51:05 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 1975 Series Discussion  (Read 5317 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2019, 10:34:22 AM +0100 »

I'll pick up the scraps and take whatever is left.
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2019, 06:02:53 PM +0100 »

I like the Williams. Unfortunately the Merzario's car has some issue in the skin.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 12:33:10 PM +0100 »

I'm definitely in although I might have to miss the odd race due to work commitments  Sad Not sure which car to go for yet but might be worth having a provisional driver/car list in the first post to help us choose.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 01:02:27 PM +0100 »

I'm definitely in although I might have to miss the odd race due to work commitments  Sad Not sure which car to go for yet but might be worth having a provisional driver/car list in the first post to help us choose.

goodstuff GT, only 2 drivers have stated a car preference so far and that only applies to the series when it starts as the test race you can take whatever car you wish (as long as its available)

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 05:41:32 PM +0100 »

Hmm do we get it patched now or after weds test race? Bit worried of causing chaos patching it now.

My vote would be to patch now.

The mod was updated 18 months ago. The changes affect the handling so if drivers are going to spend time tweaking setups for Wednesday's race they'll only need to start again for the series.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2019, 07:09:30 PM +0100 »

My vote would be to patch now.

The mod was updated 18 months ago. The changes affect the handling so if drivers are going to spend time tweaking setups for Wednesday's race they'll only need to start again for the series.

yes
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2019, 09:43:53 PM +0100 »

If you decide to patch I should be able to update the server tomorrow night

Can you do it after the gtl race tomorrow eve? If you can’t I’ll leave it until after the weds race otherwise some will be patched and some not and screw the race up.

We need the link to the patch too but i suggest nobody installs it until srw has it on the server.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2019, 09:31:11 AM +0100 »

@ SRW, i have sent you the 1.1 patch link via pm (courtesy of Goldtop). If you can post up on here as soon as its installed, i will notify everyone else on the race thread and here. Thanks

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2019, 12:40:12 PM +0100 »

I will update the server after the prehistoric races tonight

Does anyone have any objection to me doing it before 7pm if I get a chance?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2019, 01:18:57 PM +0100 »

I will update the server after the prehistoric races tonight

Does anyone have any objection to me doing it before 7pm if I get a chance?
That should be ok, but please be off the server by 20:00 as that is when I will need to monitor stuff.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2019, 09:53:39 AM +0100 »

After the relative success and interest shown in the test race last night i think we have a go-er for a new series. However i am away in Japan for 2wks in about a weeks time so it will have to wait until after that. So i think we can arrange another test race on a different kind of circuit to get a handle on the various cars. Any suggestions? Can either be one of the tracks off the proposed calendar or even somewhere different.
Having a practise server up well in advance is very useful for trying out the different cars.

MaxVeloce
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2019, 10:10:56 AM +0100 »

I see netherlands in the list so I guess thats zandvoort, in which case I vote for that as you cant get much different from silverstone  Grin
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2019, 11:08:20 AM +0100 »

I have a very nice 60's version of Zandvoort but can't remember where I got it from.

Edit: found it, but it is payware. There is an official "test" version available at RD which is the same as the payware version but without the visual detail and without the choice of alternative road meshes. The "test" version still looks and drives great!

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sandevoerde-test-version.17404/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:21:15 AM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2019, 12:49:06 PM +0100 »

Old Sandevoerde gets my vote as i wanted somewhere with a few more twists and turns. Maybe if someone owns the payware version we could drop in the visual files  shifty I might buy it anyway if it looks great. (Would it cause a mis-match?)
But sure the test version will suit our test perfectly.

As i mentioned in the silverstone test thread, we will use a drivers entry file for this series to ensure we all get our chosen car to race with, but for these test races its a free for all.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2019, 02:15:26 PM +0100 »

Maybe if someone owns the payware version we could drop in the visual files  shifty I might buy it anyway if it looks great.
What you do behind closed doors is your business but as a league we shouldn't be promoting such ideas IMHO

As i mentioned in the silverstone test thread, we will use a drivers entry file for this series to ensure we all get our chosen car to race with, but for these test races its a free for all.
This is AC's biggest bugbear in my book. Because some of the entry list can prove awkward I'd suggest a test race first where we use it rather than hoping everything is right on the night. If we don't allow guest drivers I think we can ensure everybody does get exactly what they want. Might not even need a password in this case! I need to remind myself of the exact behaviour here.

If all goes to plan I will be home as of tomorrow night but the race seat breaks the rules for my hip replacement so I may still be a few weeks off from actually being on track with you all Cry

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com