The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 10:05:13 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 1975 Series Discussion  (Read 5321 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2019, 03:00:33 PM +0000 »

i used softs in the race at zandvoort. They lasted pretty well for about half hour but tailed off after about 25mins, though may have just been my exhaustion after trying to keep up with FMG and Fabri  Tongue

Dont think the Mclaren has any big pace advantage, though it looked fast on the onboards in my AI race at Buenos Aires last night. Think the only two known quick cars are the Lotus 72 and F312 but even that advantage i dont know for sure.  Undecided They may have been equalised in the mod.

Shame we cant have a practise server running the first track 24-7 so people can get some laps in and a handle on relative laptimes.

@ Pete, if we can have a practise server up can we have a message mentioning this upcoming championship? Hope to entice some more drivers over who may see it listed in the lobby.

KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2019, 03:26:08 PM +0000 »

Jari was on softs in race maybe that explains something, BRM was awfull at Brands, I tried everything and nothing works for get it right.

is l4de Jari? are there 3 Finns racing? Lost track!  Tongue

Yes he is.
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2019, 04:11:00 PM +0000 »

I tested mostly of cars, also Fmg did that. Hard to say which are the fastest, because it partly depends on the driving style of the driver and the feeling between him and the car.

Having made this necessary premise, from my experiences:
I think that Tyrrell, Brabham and Lotus are the fastest. Almost half second faster than rest, maybe more. The main impressive thing was the relative ease to do fast laps.

Instead I think the Hesketh one of hardest to drive and midfield performances. I had a bad feeling about controlling the sideways, probably due a steering with a central point too narrow, or closed (no idea how is correctly call that in English).

Roughly the same for 312T. Maybe here is more a bad feeling with the handling. Car is quite easy if you are below the limit, but she gets damned nervous and difficult if you want to push harder. I did too few tests with Ferrari anyway, so I could improve the feeling. I think a midfield car, o almost not easy go fast with few experience.

Williams is the car that i like more in handling. Not the faster but very effective.

BRM is also a good car, funny and no so slow as one can imagine.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2019, 06:01:29 PM +0000 »

I've tested nearly everything at Zandvort now.

Hesketh and privateer type teams (Surtees/Parnelli/March/Penkse( I really dislike the Penske from the quick go I had at Silverstone - it's handling was the opposite to my style so was dog-slow, It's probably even slower at Zandy although I've learnt a bit more about setting the cars up to suit me since)) in that order are all doing 1:37.5 and above.

Next up I had the BRM/Ferrari/Tyrrell P34 in that order, They were between 1:37.3 and .5 (BRM easily fastest, that got the .3 time within 2 laps and the setup was shockingly bad. If I worked on it to make the car easier it would probably match the fast group here).

The fastest were the Tyrrell 007/Lotus/McLaren/Williams - in that order - with times from 1:36.8ish to 1:37.1. The McLaren doesn't quite suit me so might be faster for other people. The Tyrrell and Lotus were an absolute joy once I had adjusted to them, with the Lotus being slightly harder to drive on the limit.

I'm Missing a few here - I have had a quick go in the Brabham on stock setup at Silverstone and it was already faster than I managed in the Surtees even after spending time on the setup. Although it did require driving in a very specific fashion - this might just be the stock setup of course.
The Embassy/Hill might be a very fast member of the slow group or even squeek into the Middle one, dependant on driving characteristics, I'll hopefully get to it this weekend.
I'm kind of expecting the Fittipaldi to be in the slow group, but may be pleasantly surprised when I try it.
Shadow is probably middle group, although it think it has the 'fast' DFV and was meant to handle well in the day - so could be in the fast group - again, that's one I want to try at the weekend.

All of these are based on my driving style and setups, with Hard tires and 60Ltrs of fuel.
Your own times will differ due to the way some cars mesh with certain styles and others don't. Fabri and I have already learnt in series we do elsewhere that there's very little we can get from one another's setups as we drive so differently - I think these cars will actually exaggerate that trend and should even the field a bit.

Based on qually/race in the 2 fun events so far Hards Vs Softs are worth a second or so a lap, but can only be driven on the limit for a lap or 3 before they become so hot they drop to lap times similar to the hards. Given that they tail off after 25 mins or so you need to be very sure you want them and can hold off your competitors  Grin
For example - my actual fastest lap at Zandy in the Hesketh is a 1:35.9 in Qually, playing a 1:37.3 some 10 laps into the (25 lap) race on hards which was matched with increasing frequency as my fuel load continued to drop towards the end.
If you look at Marks' individual lap times you seem him slam 2 fast ones together and matching my early pace at the start followed by a bunch of much slower ones. He never increases beyond the initial fast pace due to the tires becoming sketchier and was actually lapping 2 seconds a lap slower than me by the end because my car was still getting faster while his became harder.

I might be able to get the 308B faster now if some of the tricks I learnt taming the March and P34 can be applied to the Hesketh - I still don't really see it getting out of the Midde group if it can get that fast to begin with though Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2019, 07:40:01 PM +0000 »

I've just finished my Monster test at Zandy, thought you lot and any potential joiners might find it handy/interesting Wink

All times are with 60Ltrs of fuel and hard tires, most times will be about 5 laps into a stint, although some were done on the first flyer (BRM and Embassy/Hill I'm looking at you).
It's quite clear from the way that the cars drive that some of the 'slower' cars from here will be much better on faster circuits - the 312T for instance should dominate on high speed circuits with the added power it has... The BRM on the other hand is probably a front runner here if I go back to it, but at Monza it'll be a shot duck.

Code:
Parnelli VPJ4       = 1:36.643 (I know I've said I liked it's handling, but really didn't expect that!)
BT44                = 1:36.846 (unspeakably fast even on stock setup)
Embassy/Hill GH1    = 1:36.873
Tyrrell 007         = 1:36.978 (fantastic to drive hard)
McLaren MP23        = 1:37.030
Lotus 72E           = 1.37.117 (very rewarding when right, evil when not)
Penske PC1          = 1:37.136 (Not so terrible with a decent setup under it)
Surtees TS16        = 1:37.171
Fittipaldi          = 1:37.173 (Stand out car for me, fantastic to drive - just let down by 'slower' DFV)
Williams FW04       = 1:37.277 (nice to drive)
Shadow DN5          = 1:37.370 (Very tail happy, hard to drive on edge)
BRM P201            = 1:37.382 (will certainly go faster will a better setup)
312T                = 1:37.472 (Not re-driven yet)
Hesketh 308b        = 1:37.499 (I've gone faster since with a better setup, but I'm not helping you lot :P )
Tyrrell P34         = 1:37.505 (Struggles on bumpy/hilly tracks, should go a bit faster)
March 751           = 1:37.562 (actually really quite hard to setup, twitchy to drive)

Some of those WILL go faster now, as I've learnt a lot about both Zandy and setting up the DFV cars to suit me. That might transfer to the Ferrari and BRM but as the V12's are a bit weightier it might not...
MaxVeloce
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2019, 11:33:57 AM +0000 »

that's a lot of testing  Shocked , thanks for sharing the results with us thumbup1

I will try and do some testing of my own this week in the macca and maybe back to back it with 2 or 3 other cars just to see where it lands up on relative pace for me...
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2019, 12:07:44 PM +0000 »

@ Pete, if we can have a practise server up can we have a message mentioning this upcoming championship? Hope to entice some more drivers over who may see it listed in the lobby.
Where would you like to practice? One banner says Fuji the other Buenos Aires?

P.S. Could you keep the 1st post updated with the correct links? The car one is broken and there is no link to download Fuji.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2019, 12:44:24 PM +0000 »

Where would you like to practice? One banner says Fuji the other Buenos Aires?

P.S. Could you keep the 1st post updated with the correct links? The car one is broken and there is no link to download Fuji.

both banner and calender say Buenos Aires  Huh  Argentina for the practise server please Pete.

Hmm, original f1 75 mod pack link no longer works though. (edit. just replaced it)  Smiley

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2019, 01:14:09 PM +0000 »

I've just noticed the 1967 Nurbs has been updated, apparently the track mesh has been updated.
I'll have another go and see if it's better for these cars now.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2019, 06:55:43 PM +0000 »

Fabri pointed out to me that the skin For Arturo Merzario in the Williams was messed up - So I've fixed it as I'm good like that Wink

For people not wanting a wonky gibberish paintjob the corrected files can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jyeivizlglyeez0/Merzario%20fixed.rar?dl=0

Drop them into your "xxx\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\f1c75_williams\skins\Merzario" folder, with XXX being the drive and steam directory.
When it asks to over-write the CAR CHASSIS.dds say yes  Smiley

The other 2 files fix some other bits that were wrong based on a quick google for this car & paint job
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2019, 07:57:57 PM +0000 »

Fuji Banner for you Wink

I've updated the F1 mod on the server and started the practice server. One car of each car type I'm afraid. If need some doubled up you need to tell me which ones (max 6 as there are 16 cars and 22 pit boxes)

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2019, 08:59:47 PM +0000 »

Fabri and Barone will be team mates in either the Ferrari or the Williams.
Any chance you could put 2 of those on the server next chance you get Pete?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2019, 09:10:05 PM +0000 »

Sure, will add them in the morning

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2019, 11:12:41 PM +0000 »

Fuji Banner for you Wink

I've updated the F1 mod on the server and started the practice server. One car of each car type I'm afraid. If need some doubled up you need to tell me which ones (max 6 as there are 16 cars and 22 pit boxes)

But that’s not in the first post  Wink

Thanks for getting the server up  Smiley I think Stefan may also be in a Brabham but may be a Tyrell ( he can confirm)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 08:14:05 AM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2019, 07:05:44 AM +0000 »

Yes, I will stick with the Brabham. But as I have to crate my PC for the next 3 weeks (moving house) I can take the Tyrell for this series, if there is any other driver who wants to drive the Brabham.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 12:53:08 PM +0000 by Stefan aka Postal » Logged

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com