The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 07:55:46 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14 Silverstone: October 09, 2019
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 - F1 '75 Shakedown Test Race - Silverstone - Oct 9  (Read 2406 times)
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2019, 01:35:42 PM +0100 »

Race was really nice, with good grid numbers.

I qualified 2nd. For some minutes I was thinking I could have the pole position, but fmg is merciless.  Grin

I started very well and I was first at T1, then I fought side by side with fmg for some corners and I was behind him at Stowe braking. From mirrows I saw a car to come forward from the group with relative ease. He was Jari with soft tyres, and he passed me too at Stowe. 
It was a intense battle with Jari, throughout the race. This has benefited fmg, who took a slight advantage.
At 10 (or more) laps to end I did a stupid mistake at Copse, doing a 360 like a teenager with the dad's car. I lost a lot of time. I started push hard possible, having also free road in front. I was able to cut the gap and put pressure again on Jari (now with tyres troubles) and after a his small mistake, I passed him and took the 2nd position.
Great fight, Jari!

Fun race.

Barone

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2019, 05:35:10 PM +0100 »

well LOL that was fun,  but starting a new undriven car 20 min before qually probably wasn't the best plan, so I'll use that as my excuse for being dog slow tonight  Tongue

Apologies to sir barone,  I don't usually forget to put it into gear at the start  Hit with a wet fish - hope that didn't mess up your race!

For the proper races can we please have a grid of 10 x 2 car teams or similar and everyone has to pre-select a car and stick with it,  because tonight I was just trying to pick a car no one else had practised for days so I didn't mess up their race, and it didn't really work out  Tongue

Congrats to the podium, was nice to see Jari get up there  thumbup1

Hi Max no problem at all!
I unfortunately have big problems with AC yesterday. I was only able to get 8-10 min practise and in a car that I never tried before... was a completely mess. But fun anyway in the first laps.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com