The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 02:40:17 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A14 Zandvoort: October 16, 2019
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 14 - F1 '75 Test Race Zandvoort - Oct 16  (Read 2387 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 12:53:55 PM +0100 »

is your track folder called 'sandev_f3ct' ? I put the folder in the download straight into the tracks folder.

that should have worked then as thats all i did, and the folder structure appeared okay.  You didnt copy any of the other track textures across? ie left it at default.

I literally copy and pasted the 'sandev_f3ct' folder straight into the track folder as illustrated by maxveloce.

Maybe the author has knobled it so that you cannot use the 'test' version for online races?

Also, in the past I wanted to use the Adria Circuit for one of my Sunday night races, the track I found worked fine off line but when we put it on the server it wouldn't work, not sure why that was, the mighty Picnic couldn't fathom it out.

I have checked the version history, the file has not been updated in over a year so the one I uploaded is the latest version. I will go on the server tonight and swap the track to another track to make sure the server file is not corrupt. I am pretty confident it is OK as I used the file from last weeks Silverstone race and just changed the track link.

What time will the 'GTL boys'  finish playing prehistoric games on there winXP race rigs tonight?  Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 02:04:42 PM +0100 »

Guess that is a possibility that it doesnt work online as its the freebie version  Undecided  if we cant sort it tonight we better have a back up plan. The Kunos version of Zandvoort? Or Oster-reichring

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2019, 04:44:15 PM +0100 »

i wonder if you need to delete the extra folders that holds the different track textures etc ? Looking at a normal track install, the folder structure is quite different  Undecided  Might be enough to confuse the server perhaps.

Just a thought but has anyone tried it in single player mode yet? Make sure it actually works! Tongue
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 09:33:46 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2019, 11:31:05 PM +0100 »

i tried using the track offline, but couldn't find it in my in game track list (well not under 'sandev_f3ct').

I have loaded the KS Zandvoort track onto the practice server. Could some one please confirm if it works and what track we are using for Wednesdays race
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2019, 10:50:07 AM +0100 »

sadly, i think we will have to go with the Kunos version of Zandvoort. Should still be a hoot in these cars but not quite the sweeping curves i was hoping for. Hadnt foreseen the problem with the mod track and its odd folder structure.  Undecided

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 11:48:02 AM +0100 »

Just a thought but has anyone tried it in single player mode yet? Make sure it actually works! Tongue

I've tried it offline in race and practice modes and it certainly works. Unfortunate if it doesn't work online  Sad

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 12:08:54 PM +0100 »

Server working fine for me.
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 12:14:26 PM +0100 »

Any chance to use the pay version of old Zandvoort?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2019, 01:27:47 PM +0100 »

Any chance to use the pay version of old Zandvoort?

well i am happy to pay for it as i would rather race the old version for our historics races, but it needs the rest of the grid to be happy to pay for it too! Plus i assume srouk would need to stump up for a version to go on the server  Undecided

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2019, 08:55:54 PM +0100 »

Race announcement changed to say we will be using the Kunos stock track.

Just tried a few cars there and it feels pretty damn good, with a rift you feel like you are there amongst the dunes and Armco  Cool

Good practise to get your cars set up for tighter twistier circuits, pile on the downforce!

ps anyone noticed the McLaren has something odd with the steering? I noticed it at Silverstone but even more pronounced here  Huh might be a setup issue, too much caster/toe etc?

I will be in the Brabham tomorrow, so hands off  hammer

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2019, 09:24:00 PM +0100 »

I'm afraid there will be few participants this time. Few players have tried and the problems with the track have not helped.
I think it is better to postpone the race. Have the practice server without a password, in my opinion, would be even better, some new players could be interested.

In any case, I can race also tomorrow.  Smiley
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2019, 09:34:34 PM +0100 »

I'm afraid there will be few participants this time. Few players have tried and the problems with the track have not helped.
I think it is better to postpone the race. Have the practice server without a password, in my opinion, would be even better, some new players could be interested.

In any case, I can race also tomorrow.  Smiley

I say let's race, me & Jari are in anyway...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 09:36:25 PM +0100 by KDiesel » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2019, 10:44:14 PM +0100 »

It’s just a test race, think of it as an extended practise session and good training at racing other cars on a tighter track  Smiley You guys can always run another next week as I’m away after this one.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2019, 02:31:41 PM +0100 »

I'm hoping to try the Hesketh here, it's nice and tail happy so should be good fun.

I have zero practice so far due to watching Bathurst on the weekend  Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2019, 03:57:28 PM +0100 »

what sort of diff settings should be used for a tighter bumpy track like this? or indeed for these old f1 beasts in general.  Diff and preload have always been a grey area  Embarrassed So far i've left them on default for silverstone and here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com