The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 04:07:33 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A15F1 Interlagos: December 04, 2019
December 04, 2019, 09:00:00 PM +0000 - Interlagos (1973-1989) - UKAC Season 15 F1 1975
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Hesketh 308b Formula 1 1 2:31.598
---
1 46:22.048
---
18 2:32.926
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Brabham BT44 Formula 1 3 +1.140
---
2 +30.151
---
18 2:34.297
---
Goodyear  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Ferrari 312T Formula 1 2 +1.133
---
3 +38.479
---
18 2:34.199
---
Goodyear  
Olius

Lotus 72E Formula 1 6 +3.149
---
4 +1:19.736
---
18 2:34.997
---
Goodyear  
L4de

Lotus 72E Formula 1 9 +5.176
---
5 +1:34.239
---
18 2:36.051
---
Goodyear  
IbnSolmyr

Surtees TS16 Formula 1 5 +2.797
---
6 +1:42.668
---
18 2:36.008
---
Goodyear  
vva_avv

Tyrrell P34 Formula 1 4 +1.744
---
7 +1:51.530
---
18 2:34.637
---
Goodyear  
KDiesel

BRM P201 Formula 1 10 +6.838
---
8 +2:35.863
---
18 2:37.521
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Tyrrell 007 Formula 1 12 +8.708
---
9 +2:38.978
---
18 2:40.472
---
Goodyear  
LesN

March 751 Formula 1 13 +10.950
---
10 +2:45.356
---
18 2:41.653
---
Goodyear  
Barone

Ferrari 312T Formula 1 11 +8.520
---
11 +2L
---
16 2:41.329
---
Goodyear  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Fittipaldi FD Formula 1 8 +5.176
---
12 +8L
---
10 2:39.525
---
Goodyear  
CerebralVortex

McLaren MP23 Formula 1 7 +3.807
---
13 +15L
---
3 2:38.913
---
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
Formula 1
2:31.598
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Hesketh 308bDecember 04, 2019, 09:00:00 PM +0000
A15F1
Assetto Corsa
Formula 1
2:32.926
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Hesketh 308bDecember 04, 2019, 09:00:00 PM +0000
A15F1
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 15 F1 1975 - Interlagos - Dec 04  (Read 2486 times)
CerebralVortex

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2019, 09:09:30 AM +0000 »

@ Maxime

Thanks for apologizing. For me that double left is not one corner as I don't have the grip to take it that way, I have to let go off the throttle and point the car in. I imagined it was hard for you to see me.. For me it was a racing incident. Barone did crash into me because of this and my front wing was severely damaged. I was losing a lot of time in the corners because of it. I went a bit wide and went into the barrier a few laps later with suspension damage. That was the end of my race.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2019, 09:29:10 AM +0000 »

Another good result for me, very happy with a 2nd place finish once more  Smiley  I'll take the points while i can as i keep expecting the usual fast barracudas to switch on the pace  Grin

Qually was excellent, really having to push on the limit the whole time. Everytime i set a fast lap then Fabri would pip me by a 10th of a second! On my final flying lap i set a new pb and thought 'yes, bagged 2nd place' only to see Fabri had done same again and pipped me by a 10th  taz

Got a good start in the race and squeezed my nose up between FMG and Fabri heading into T1. The Rift was vital in these situations as i could glance down left and right to see their wing positions and all 3 of us went through side by side without contact  Cool It shook out into 3 of us battling for 2nd position with FMG just ahead. My Brabham was up against two powerhouses in the Lotus 72 and the F312  Shocked  I was jabbing away at Fabris Fezza whilst the Lotus kept assaulting me from the rear and i was sure i would ultimately lose out on pace. Fortunately my low downforce gave me good pace and i kept being able to slipstream the Ferrari up the long s/f straight/hill. After several laps i got by at T1 and could set off after FMG (yeah right) but he already had a 7 second gap over us battling trio.
The two other cars kept me company for a while but eventually slipped about 6+ seconds behind me. I often caught a glimpse of FMG ahead or Fabri in my mirrors at range, but other than that it was a tough solo last 25minutes of hustling an F1 car at high speed around this amazing track. I didnt put a wheel wrong the whole race but had no answer to FMG's pace ahead. 
Finished 2nd drenched in sweat (heavy steering on these cars!) and aching eye-balls from the Rift.  Smiley

The Rift is epic with these cars, i love just looking over my shoulder at the grid and in combat with other cars.

Not a bad turn out at 11 cars but we are still missing 5 of the guys who said they wanted to race this series  Undecided  Be nice to fill up the gaps. Where is Max? thought he'd be challenging FMG and Fabri for wins.

@Les, you need to get yourself on the practise server when other drivers are on, best place to pick up setup tips. Understeer was a killer here and took setup work to iron it out.

Next we head to South Africa...Kyalami  tt1

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2019, 10:47:56 AM +0000 »

@IbnSolmyr, no problems whatsoever, had sustained damaged in first lap incident( not my doing) and I race with the Rift with nothing else on the screen, and to be honest the mirrors leave a lot to be desired in AC. My specs kept steaming up and had lost a fair bit of speed with the damage to the car so apologies if I seemed a bit erratic. Kept missing gear shifts resulting in gearbox failure with 15 mins to go. Car in garage this week having a new 5 speed automatic gearbox fitted and an L plate and sensors fitted  on rear  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 01:09:32 PM +0000 by Bob » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2019, 10:48:06 AM +0000 »

Can drivers who don't have a little flag next to their name in the race results please do this.

Go to Profile/Driver Details and fill in Country.

Thank you  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2019, 01:06:26 PM +0000 »

@IbnSolmyr, no problems whatsoever, had sustained damaged in first lap incident( not my doing) and I race with the Rift with nothing else on the screen, and to be honest the mirrors leave a lot to be desired in AC. My specs kept steaming up and had lost a fair bit of speed with the damage to the car so apologies if I seemed a bit erratic. Kept missing gear shifts resulting in gearbox failure with 15 mins to go. Car in garage this week having a new 5 speed automatic gearbox fitted and an L plate and rear sensors fitted  on rear  Grin Grin Grin

Yes, I'm really sorry that your car and Laurent's one did hit that heavily cause of that damn incident. A classic little wheel-to-wheel resulting in many cars damaged and surfing on the grass..  Cry

Also known as "Solmyr"
MaxVeloce
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2019, 11:27:44 AM +0000 »

Where is Max? thought he'd be challenging FMG and Fabri for wins.

I had too much to do lately, prolly going to miss the next couple of weeks too...
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2019, 07:04:07 PM +0000 »

By the way, could we get that Kyalami download link ?  laugh

It's done Tongue

A pretty woeful race for me. I managed to avoid the first lap chaos, but I had horrendous understeer everywhere, that went into snap oversteer as soon as I managed to get any power down. So there was no way I could defend any of the places I'd made up. And then on the last lap, I washed out wide at the fastest curve just after the start line and so ended up a well deserved last. Not one to remember... Any suggestions where to look for tips on setup?

The March has quite a nasty bug where it sits too low and bottoms out a lot on bumpy tracks - It probably didn't do this much at Buenos Aires as that track is pretty flat. But here at Interlagos I would expect it to be noticeable.
I think the problem isn't so much a bug in the car model as just the shear length of the cars nose - I found it out the hard way at Zandvoort during my testing  Grin

You should hear and feel when the nose bottoms out - this will happen at very high speeds when the aero really starts to work, and also under hard braking either at high speed or into an uphill gradient.
The only sensible fix is to raise the car until it stops - I think I had the car up to 60mm front and rear or possibly more.

I've attached the Zandvoort setup for you to try - drop the 2 files into "your drive letter:\My Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups\f1c75_march\ks_zandvoort" or better yet, into the Interlagos folder so you can compare against your own setup (you'll probably have to adjust the gears).
I recommend using whatever car height I have it set to, I used that setup at Brands with no issues (beyond my own stupidity Wink )

Setup link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdq2jjrwfmqiey7/ks_zandvoort.rar?dl=0
LesN

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2019, 07:35:38 PM +0000 »

By the way, could we get that Kyalami download link ?  laugh

It's done Tongue

A pretty woeful race for me. I managed to avoid the first lap chaos, but I had horrendous understeer everywhere, that went into snap oversteer as soon as I managed to get any power down. So there was no way I could defend any of the places I'd made up. And then on the last lap, I washed out wide at the fastest curve just after the start line and so ended up a well deserved last. Not one to remember... Any suggestions where to look for tips on setup?

The March has quite a nasty bug where it sits too low and bottoms out a lot on bumpy tracks - It probably didn't do this much at Buenos Aires as that track is pretty flat. But here at Interlagos I would expect it to be noticeable.
I think the problem isn't so much a bug in the car model as just the shear length of the cars nose - I found it out the hard way at Zandvoort during my testing  Grin

You should hear and feel when the nose bottoms out - this will happen at very high speeds when the aero really starts to work, and also under hard braking either at high speed or into an uphill gradient.
The only sensible fix is to raise the car until it stops - I think I had the car up to 60mm front and rear or possibly more.

I've attached the Zandvoort setup for you to try - drop the 2 files into "your drive letter:\My Documents\Assetto Corsa\setups\f1c75_march\ks_zandvoort" or better yet, into the Interlagos folder so you can compare against your own setup (you'll probably have to adjust the gears).
I recommend using whatever car height I have it set to, I used that setup at Brands with no issues (beyond my own stupidity Wink )

Setup link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdq2jjrwfmqiey7/ks_zandvoort.rar?dl=0

Cheers mate, I'll give it a try. Default ride height definitely seems to be a problem with this car. Not knowing where to start, along with limited time to get any practice in has been holding me back. But I found a useful video explaining how to set up these cars specifically. We'll see wt the next race if it's been helpful. Thanks!
LesN

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2019, 09:52:29 AM +0000 »

Thanks @FMG, I tried your setup and found it much easier to drive. It's not bottoming out like before and the turn in is much better. I've sorted out the gearing, now just need to work on the overall balance so I can push it a bit harder. Still a few seconds to find on the lap times... The help is much appreciated  Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2019, 10:40:59 AM +0000 »

No problems. I didn't expect it to 'work' for you, but it should be a decent starting point.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com