The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 12:37:38 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: More Porsches!  (Read 520 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2019, 12:00:43 PM +0000 »

Looks like we will be getting some more Porsches in the next big update.  yawn

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/porsche-dlc-3-coming-in-december.14001/
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 12:49:15 PM +0000 »

New ones though. More GT4 would ne nice, but they were about as popular here on Thurs as a bad cold.  Roll Eyes
I need more tracks, preferably club level, and more old cars. AC historics anyone?

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 03:18:51 PM +0000 »

and more old cars.

I agree, we need more old stuff, unfortunately in the wider world of sim racing the modern cars are much more popular. Sad
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 06:26:29 PM +0000 »

I have been trying various "new" stuff. Lots of positive comments on the forum, but I have yet to find much that's different?
The 934 is not as horrible as it was perhaps, though I'm not sure that has actually been changed?
The DTM92 feel exactly the same so far
The GTR4 now has an M1 Procar in it, and you have to buy it, but it feels exactly the same as the existing one.
This new Ningbo circuit is pointless so far. It's just short straights and tight corners, surely they could have done something better.
After the write up I was expecting something really good, but so far is a waste of 4.5 gig to me

frex

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 01:02:25 PM +0000 »

The new Porsches don't interest me too much (too modern..) so not tried any of them or the new GT4 cars. Also not looked at the new track yet.

I do agree that the DTM '92 cars don't feel too much different - the Merc seem quite a bit more lairy at the rear (on default setup), but not much else to report although I've not driven all of them yet. There are some changes in the setup options however with the choice of soft or hard tyres, separate fast and slow damper adjustment and the possibility of asymmetric setups. Not all of the updated/new cars get all of these setup changes.

The bigger change seems to be in the Touring Classics group - these have been slowed down to separate them from the DTM92 cars and they feel a bit more "old skool" to me than they were. Which is a good thing..! The BMW 635 in particular is a complete joy to me now, and with the longer braking distances, loose handling and updated tyre and kerb sounds feels great and very immersive to drive.

I am also enjoying the Group 4 class - the Porsche 934 doesn't feel much different to before, but again has some new setup options. The BMW M1 has been detuned from the Procar version and has more weight, which makes it slower (to match the 934), but also much easier to drive than the Procar version. The fact that the two Group 4 cars are so very different but achieve roughly similar laptimes makes these a great class to race imho.

The GT3s have had a major overhaul and re-balance, but I've only got a couple of cars from that group so can't really comment on those.

The GT4 class I thought was good before the update, and now there are more cars to add to that class - what's not to like?!

My faves though without doubt are the Touring Classics and Group 4s  Smiley
frex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 01:09:56 PM +0000 »

Btw this is all over the forums so old news by now, but just to be sure don't try using old setups with any of the updated car classes. I barely managed to get out of the pits when I forgot this and loaded up an old setup to try the new version of the 635..

Similarly, rebuild a controller and Force Feedback profile from scratch - apparently Force Feedback is very different now also.
Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 09:43:12 PM +0000 »

Hello, are you planning series with the old ones here next year?  Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 10:45:07 AM +0000 »

Yes Christian.
There will be series for Gr5, one for DTM92, and one for NSU
Please join us  thumbup1

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 02:03:04 PM +0000 »

Btw this is all over the forums so old news by now, but just to be sure don't try using old setups with any of the updated car classes. I barely managed to get out of the pits when I forgot this and loaded up an old setup to try the new version of the 635..

Similarly, rebuild a controller and Force Feedback profile from scratch - apparently Force Feedback is very different now also.

This is a must do  thumbup1

I've only had a quick run out since the update but for me the new ffb feels like a step forwards for RRE. Haven't bought any new content for a while as I have very little opportunity to race at the moment, especially on Thursdays.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 03:04:29 PM +0000 »

Yes Christian.
Please join us  thumbup1

Maybe I should try with you on Thursday ?! Wink
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2019, 03:27:19 PM +0000 »

Please do. Thursday is the final event of one of our series.
I won't run anything on Boxing day, but 3 new series will start in Jan

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2019, 03:28:44 PM +0000 »

Just a thought Matt, shout if you don't like it, for variety how about running the NSUs as two short (15-20min) races each event with reverse grid for race 2.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2019, 03:33:26 PM +0000 »

Good plan. Did I do that once before? can't remember, but that would be a good idea if I can remember how to make
the double events....... Roll Eyes

Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2019, 03:44:55 PM +0000 »

Are your races always on Thursday?
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2019, 03:56:57 PM +0000 »

Yes, we run R3E Thursdays for older cars. Sunday runs AC and R3E alternate with more modern GT cars
Wednesday we run GTL (typically mods) and Also AC on wednesdays

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com