by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 12:58:37 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L20ETCC Mugello: April 29, 2020
April 29, 2020, 08:43:02 PM +0100 - Mugello (GP) - UKGTL Season 20 1983 European Touring Cars
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 Turbo Racing
Alfa Romeo GTV6 (#86075) GTC-TC-76 1 2:03.945
92.786mph
1 52:48.113
87.121mph
24 2:04.412
92.438mph
Pirelli  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Alfa Romeo GTV6 (#86058) GTC-TC-76 2 +2.417
91.012mph
2 +1:17.606
85.038mph
24 2:06.608
90.835mph
Pirelli  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87027) GTC-TC-76 4 +3.417
90.297mph
3 +1:27.527
84.779mph
24 2:08.894
89.224mph
Michelin  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#90073) GTC-TC-76 6 +8.498
86.833mph
4 +2:13.136
83.608mph
24 2:13.262
86.299mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Alfa Romeo GTV6 (#86049) GTC-TC-76 10 +9.830
85.968mph
5 +1L
83.385mph
23 2:12.119
87.046mph
Pirelli  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Rover Vitesse SD1 (#84004) GTC-TC-76 3 +2.987
90.603mph
6 +3.037
83.305mph
23 2:07.617
90.117mph
Dunlop  
misnoimis

Alfa Romeo GTV6 (#86041) GTC-TC-76 8 +9.268
86.331mph
7 +9.294
83.141mph
23 2:11.966
87.147mph
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Toyota Corolla Levin GT (#86067) GTC-TC-76 7 +9.241
86.348mph
8 +12.823
83.049mph
23 2:12.236
86.969mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
MG Metro Turbo (#85034) GTC-TC-76 5 +6.649
88.062mph
9 +23.610
82.769mph
23 2:11.932
87.169mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
MG Metro Turbo (#84061) GTC-TC-76 9 +9.828
85.970mph
10 +47.050
82.166mph
23 2:12.304
86.924mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
VW Golf GTi (#44) GTC-TC-76 11 +2L
79.162mph
22 2:17.981
83.348mph
Goodyear  
Dominick

VW Golf GTi (#33) GTC-TC-76 11 +11.376
84.986mph
12 +57.954
77.752mph
22 2:16.244
84.410mph
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
VW Golf GTi (#46) GTC-TC-76 12 +13.242
83.830mph
13 +4L
69.721mph
20 2:17.200
83.822mph
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 20 1983 European Touring Cars - Mugello - Apr 29  (Read 1112 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2020, 10:03:08 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2020, 10:36:03 PM +0100 »

It was so mutch fun again.

Great chase at the beginning with Clive, but unfortunately he make some errors in the pit. Great chase at the end with Fulvio aswell but he maded a mistake and i capitalized. Fulvio was faster at the corners and with one stop less than me but my car was mutch faster on the straights. Nice chases thought.

Hristo was in a league of his own. No chance to be close to him, so the second position was the best here for me. Grats to him and all participants.

The qualy and race recorded from my computer and now with commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1nOHBuBsqY

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2020, 11:51:26 PM +0100 »

The qualy and race recorded from my computer and now with commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1nOHBuBsqY
Nice. Subbed!

By the way, Clive didn't 'slip' early on. That's just how he drives......any car.......including front wheel drives.  Grin
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 12:23:22 AM +0100 »

Thanks Dom! Appreciated it.  Wink

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 10:32:07 AM +0100 »

Noticed in Dulichki's awesome You Tube video, that he says he planned to make two pitstops. I have not watched the video through to the end (too busy doing UKGTL admin stuff  Roll Eyes ). Did anyone else need to do two stops for fuel? Geoffer's and I had tested and thought it would be a one stop race.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 11:44:02 AM +0100 »

Great video Dimitar and some nice commentary. Grats to Hristo on a commanding win and to the podium.

I had only got around to re-installing the car/track details for this series late in the afternoon and joined the server to check things out. Hristo and Dimitar were already on there doing their race prep. I selected the big Rover simply because I had not used any cars from that group before and started working on a setup. Hristo saved me some time when gifted me his Enna setup for the Rover, which was very similar to the values I was heading towards, but it only needed to be "adjusted" a little to be comfortable for my unique driving style  Roll Eyes.

It was a good battle with you Dimitar, right up to the first pitstop, then it all went wrong for me. I was fortunate that the extra power in the Rover allowed me to outdrag you off the grid and up to T1. I was tempted to have a pop at Hristo too!! but I quickly made the decision that we both could end up in the gravel. So I very graciously allowed Hristo to stay in P1  Grin.
I knew that your Alfa was probably quicker in true lap times, because you were quicker through the corners, but I was able to hold P2 because I could get just enough of a gap on each straight to take the optimum line into the next corner.

The pitstop was a disaster as I could not find the sweet spot to bring up the pitboard, despite doing it twice perfectly during qualifying  Undecided. I wasted about 30 seconds rousing my pit crew into action and by then the red mist was getting thick. I was going to take tyres and fuel and knew that I probably would still need a splash and go in the last 3 laps, but in the panic I forgot to ask for fuel. I thought I had totally screwed my race then as I only had 3 litres of fuel left in the tank. Surely not enough for another lap to get back to the pits again??? Well, nothing to lose so I did a lap in 5th gear and rolled back into the pits as the tank ran totally dry. Another fiddle to get the right spot and take on fuel meant that I was dropped right back to 11th place and almost 20 seconds adrift Undecided
The focus then was on seeing if i could claw back a few places before the end of the race. Slowly I was catching the tail enders and I was very aware that Dimitar was just behind and about to lap me, but until he got very close I was not going to back off  Wink Wink
gradually I picked off cars and climbed to 6th place which was probably more than I expected after the pitstop.

Apologies to Hristo for blocking him towards the end, by then my tyres had taken a lot of abuse and I was fully focused on keeping the tank on the road and did not expect him to close quite that quickly.
Despite the pit stop(s) from hell I enjoyed wrestling the big Rover around the track...at least I came first in class  Roll Eyes Wink

@ Tony. I was in the Rover SD1 and with the gearing that I was using ( which did not hit the rev limit, in 5th, at the end of the straight ) I could only manage an indicated 11.5 laps at full racing speed?. If Hristo had not lapped me near the end of the race, I would have needed a 2nd proper stop for a splash.
Also, as I can be seen in Dimitar's video, but which not might be obvious to viewers, when he had his offs and gave me some breathing space I was trying to save fuel and stretch the fuel for an extra lap. The extra lap at my first pitstop on the last 3 litres was painfully slow and theoretically stretched a tank of fuel to 12 laps, but certainly not at racing speed.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2020, 12:41:38 PM +0100 »

Hi Tony yes needed to do 2 stops in the VW, would have been 4 laps short for full race distance.

Grats Hristo on win

Grats Podium
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2020, 12:49:00 PM +0100 »

Hi Tony yes needed to do 2 stops in the VW, would have been 4 laps short for full race distance.

Grats Hristo on win

Grats Podium
Did you download the VW fuel fix patch?

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2020, 02:14:15 PM +0100 »

Hi Tony LOL you are correct forgot to install patch.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2020, 02:22:02 PM +0100 »

Tony, all the powerful cars need to make 2 stops with these 2x fuel consumption settings, it was the same thing in Enna (even more so there). I guess that's OK because it gives a chance to someone running a smaller car and 1 stop, to actually fight for the win and podium positions, even if they're not the fastest lap time wise.

If I knew how fast the Alfa would be around this track, and that it would suit me so well, I would have chosen a slower car to save the Alfa for another race. It was a bit tricky to setup, but once I got the hang of it, it was very good.

After pulling away from the start and building a big gap to Clive and Dimitar behind, I messed up during my first pitstop where I must have accidentally turned off the limiter on pit entry and thus got a stop/go penalty. This dropped me some 40 seconds behind the leader and I thought perhaps it's going to be a repeat of Enna. Fortunately the others had issues of their own and I managed to get back into the lead eventually. Didn't change tyres at all during my pitstops, so I had to be extra careful at the end of the race. The car was very progressive and slides easy to catch though.

Congrats to Dimitar for making it a 1-2 for BRL Team and to Fulvio for a fine 3rd!

Also, a great job by Dimitar with the live stream, especially now with his attempts at live commentary! I noticed that caused him to have an off or two, but it was worth it  Grin I think we should all support him with his endeavour, by subscribing to his channel, giving him likes and perhaps even donating once in a while on his Patreon.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 02:23:47 PM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2020, 03:02:51 PM +0100 »

First off grats to the podium!!  Mostly a fun race for me except I had some downshifting problems.  Was double shifting from 3rd to 1st, happened about 3 or four times.  Came close to Erlhing and misnoimis and I having a tangle.   Erhling gave me a hard time for quite a few laps in the first half of the race, good fun.  He was in a lower class car, but is more talented so evened out the battle.  He was much faster in the corners and my Alfa would pull away from him off the corners and down the straight.  Hope I didn't hold you up too much.  After  the pit stop we seperated until the final couple of laps and I could see him ahead but then had another downshift problem on the last curve and went into the sand.  I am doing this series very scientificcaly, just going down the list of cars, hope to be able to drive them all...........

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2020, 03:07:00 PM +0100 »

Tony, all the powerful cars need to make 2 stops
At most circuits in this series, yes. But we thought at Mugello you would only need one stop for fuel. Was your 2nd stop just a splash and dash?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:09:22 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2020, 03:23:39 PM +0100 »

Setups

Maybe slightly off topic but Geoffers created an online folder (etcc83) for setups for this series. Maybe if anyone should care to share his setups they could be laced in this folder?

And how about making another folder for the TC Legends?

I know at least one happy user.

Cheers, Dan

Ps. @ Dom, I decided stupid action deserved a firm penalty.

Ps. @Tony, I used PayPal this week with no probs.
misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2020, 03:58:59 PM +0100 »

I don’t quite know what happened but this race mostly went without incident for me. About every race I had started since my return to online Sim Racing has involved one incident or more. Not on the track but in my race room. Last Monday I had intended to join but failed to notice that the race started at 8.00pm, not 8.40pm. I intended to join at 7.45pm but the phone rang so I ended up trying to join at 8.09pm only to find that the race had started. Annoyingly I had actually practiced in the Imp for that one.  The previously Wednesday I had made a last minute decision to join when I saw it was no longer a night race. Unfortunately I didn’t attach my G17 shifter securely so had to drive the first race with a wobbly gear shift. I was trying to tighten it while driving without much success. For the second race I made sure it was fixed securely but checked it while on the grid and must have knocked the Pit Speed Limiter on so made a very slow start, well done the drivers behind for avoiding me. I was thinking that I must be too old and accident prone to do this any longer. However the stubbornness kicked in and I had to have another go.

Mugello Race

I decided to drive the Alfa using the default settings but with a longer top gear. I had one scare at the start of qually, my gears were changing by themselves and I thought the gear shifter had failed again. Then I noticed that the game had selected auto gear change by itself so went into options/controls and saw the box was ticked. I deselected it and everything worked fine. I keep my keyboard on one side for refuelling and selecting Driver Names and guess there is a key I knocked when selecting names.

In the race I made a great start overtaking four cars before the first corner (the highlight of my race). The race went well on the whole, I didn’t make any costly errors and drove a pretty steady race. I had some fun with Tony and we politely changed places a few times during the race. He was much quicker through the slow corners than me, we were about the same on the fast ones but once I got into my high fifth gear on the long straights I would leave him for dead.

It went wrong for me in my one pit stop. I thought I made a good stop. I saw I had damage to be repaired (I had had a slight bump in the rear early on). I deselected repair damage. I changed my wearing tyres and fully toped up my fuel (thinking I would require a full tank to complete the race).  Bob also driving an Alfa came in just behind me but got away again several seconds before me. I could still see him as I left the pits But Tony and someone else passed the pits just before I got out so I had another enjoyable battle with Tony but by the time I got past Bob was long gone so I just concentrated on keeping ahead of Tony until the end of the race.

Grats to the Bulgarian Racing Team and Clive and thanks to all. clap clap clap

Edit: I thought clive had finished third, I , see it was fpolicardi so  clap for third place.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 04:06:22 PM +0100 by misnoimis » Logged
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2020, 06:59:15 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

Didn't expect to see the chequered flag as I did not practice at all for this one.
Tried several cars and eventually voted for the Metro as the "worst" car available on a track I'm not very familiar with. So - nothing to loose.
Puzzled around with Geoffers' online setup but couldn't find a setup suitable for me until I spontaneously decided to  make the rear suspension
as hard as possible.

Nevertheless I expected a very short race in last place.

But contrary to expectations I was able to settle with the car during the race with six new personal bests and finished the race.
Could have been even better if I hadn't gotten a stop&go penalty due to pitlane speed limit.

So a pleasing event for me.

CU next week.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com