by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 05:12:05 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L20CC Anderstorp: August 24, 2020
August 24, 2020, 09:11:57 PM +0100 - Anderstorp (North) - UKGTL Season 20 GTL Cup Challenge - Stage A
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
silvinofakir
 Turbo Racing
Lotus Elan 26R (#623) GTC-65 2 +0.647
74.552mph
1 16:51.176
73.360mph
18 54.993
74.939mph
Dunlop  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Lotus Elan 26R (#603) GTC-65 1 54.631
75.435mph
2 +0.590
73.317mph
18 55.137
74.743mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Lotus Elan 26R (#653) GTC-65 3 +0.859
74.267mph
3 +9.008
72.712mph
18 55.708
73.977mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lotus Elan 26R (#653) GTC-65 5 +2.157
72.570mph
4 +38.811
70.648mph
18 56.480
72.966mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Jaguar E-Type (#820) GTC-65 7 +2.659
71.934mph
5 +53.566
69.669mph
18 56.646
72.752mph
Dunlop  
Daz9

Jaguar E-Type (#820) GTC-65 6 +2.400
72.261mph
6 +1L
68.895mph
17 56.875
72.459mph
Dunlop  
nocatu

Lotus Cortina (#901) TC-65 D2 9 +3.735
70.608mph
7 +7.734
68.375mph
17 58.221
70.784mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
TVR Griffith 400 (#822) GTC-65 8 +3.222
71.234mph
8 +6L 12 57.488
71.686mph
unknown
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Lotus Elan 26R (#653) GTC-65 4 +1.355
73.609mph
9 +16L 2 56.640
72.759mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
75.435mph
Dimitar Dulichki
Qualifying
Lotus Elan 26RAugust 24, 2020, 09:11:57 PM +0100
L20CC-A
GT Legends
GTC-65
74.939mph
silvinofakir
Race
Lotus Elan 26RAugust 24, 2020, 09:11:57 PM +0100
L20CC-A
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 20 GTL Cup Challenge - Anderstorp - Aug 24  (Read 657 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2020, 10:58:20 PM +0100 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Track: Anderstorp (North)

Cars allowed: Austin Healey 3000, Austin Mini Cooper S, Jaguar MkII, Jaguar E-Type (#820 only), Lotus Cortina, Lotus Elan, Lotus Elite, TVR Griffith 400

Car restrictions: Drivers can not use the car model used in Round's 6 and 7.

RACE TWO - CUP STAGE A, Final round

Practice: ~20:55 (5 mins)
Qualifying: 21:00 (10 mins)
Race: 21:10 (18 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: To score points in this series you must complete over 50% of the overall race distance.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 12:37:23 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 09:53:21 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 10:23:09 PM +0100 »

So that's the end of the Stage A races in the GTL Cup Challenge.

Diamond Cup - Geoffers  alien

Platinum Cup - Erling G-P  I Am Not Worthy

Gold Cup - Dimitar Duluchki  thumbup2

Silver Cup - nocatu  thumbup1

Bronze Cup - Daz9  clap

Glass Cup - Seniordan  whistling

Plastic Cup - phspok  wacko

Well done guy's and thanks for taking part. Now stand by for Cup Stage B.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 10:19:39 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 01:02:12 AM +0100 »

Congrats to Geoffers for the title.

Congrats do Daz and Silvino for the wins.

The first race was a little bit boring for me as i have started 5th but made a mistake at turn 1, after that few more mistakes and at the end i was able to finish in P5 after Clive had big problems keeping the beast away from spinning just behind nocatu.

Race 2 was magnificent. I had great pace in Q but at R i just couldn't make it that fast and i figured it out why, but after the race - i was upshifting to 3rd for the long left corner just before the slow right one. In Q i didnt do that and this was the reason that the car was more stable on hard braking there (just 1 downshift in Q based on 2 in R). Silvino was pushing for the lead all the time and made my life hard. At the end after we took the lead from each other few times everything was decided on the sprint between the last corner ant s/f line. Unfortunately my car started to choking out of fuel and i have lost the race. The truth is that Silvino made less mistakes and totally deserved his first win here. Smiley

Races replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB1jXSeVCSI&feature=youtu.be

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 02:19:35 PM +0100 »

Grats to Geoffers on the title.

Race 1 definitely the most interesting here for me.  Got a good start, slipping into 2nd at T1, helped by the TVR mugging pole sitter Clive.  Geoffers behind, snapping at my heels through the corners, but he hit himself on my car at the end of L2. Healey hardly noticed, but he lost momentum, dropping behind Nocatu.  I of course couldn't keep up with Daz, so he was soon gone.  With at least 2 faster drivers behind, I was surprised to be 'left alone' for as long as I did.  Didn't know how far back Clive had dropped, and it seems Geoffers had quite a struggle getting past Nocatu.  Eventually he did though, and started gaining on me.  Had to work very hard to slow the closure rate and hold on to 2nd to the end.

Btw, quite amusing in the replay to see Tony & Silvino in identical Cortinas, getting mugged by the car simultaneously in exact same way & place the Cortina mugged me the last time I used it on a Mondello variant  Smiley

Grats to Daz on the win & Geoffers on 3rd.

Race 2 I stayed in contact with Dimitar & Silvino over the early laps, but eventually they slipped away.  With no one close behind, the rest of the race was a lonely one.  Grats to Silvino & Dimitar, but commiserations also to Dimitar for the fuel issue.

Dimitar, regarding fuel; some cars won't let you drain the tank completely, starting to cough with maybe 0.5 laps worth of fuel still left (depends on track length).  For safety, I always have at least an extra lap's worth of fuel in my tank, for average track lengths, more for short ones, less for very long ones - and as displayed on XD, since the setup screen can't be trusted.

The replay bug you mention, with missing cars and having to load it twice, is only when you go straight from the race to the replay - if not, it should be fine with just one load (just in case you haven't noticed)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 02:21:11 PM +0100 »

Well done all those winners  thumbup1

Although I hardly covered myself in glory through this series, I have had some tremendous fun. I am still smiling after taking the decision to run something unconventional at Mondello.
That TVR Griffith is an absolute beast to drive and my performance might have been better if I had spent more time adjusting the setup  Roll Eyes. Throughout pre race practice and qualifying I was tweaking things and the car was approaching "controllable" , if a little unpredictable under braking.
When I got the braking and downshifts right, and resisted the urge to just stamp on the gas, it was an absolute rocket. But the margin between "just right" and absolute b*st*rd" was very fine and it caught me out multiple times during the race. TBH I was having an absolute ball all on my own trying to tame the beast and complete a perfect ( ish) lap, which would have seen me sub 1:00 I think. When I got 2 corners right I would screw up the third and lose all the time I had gained, before catching a Mini or Cortina and having to wait for the straight to unleash the power  again.

I would have liked to use the TVR again at Anderstorp just for the sheer stupidity of it, but Tony said "NO!" so I opted for the light and nimble Elan....what a contrast lol!! It was all looking good until I got bounced up over the large inner kerb and the GTL gods decided that I had broken something important  ......race over  Undecided  But Mondello more than made up for any disappointment.

Thanks to Tony for bringing these original cars back into use.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 05:52:54 PM +0100 »

Was very tempted by the TVR for Mondello myself, but I truly don't like the track at all, and felt something less likely to tie me in knots would be better, so went for the Healey. As Erling said, I did manage to find a little bit of time on him to slowly pull away, and brought it home in first place, but having had no action to speak of, which is never my preferred option in all honesty.

Anderstorp was different. Another track I just do not like at all, particularly the ridiculous hairpin. For some reason known only to the devil on my shoulder I took the E-Type. It was dreadful, and I had to check the gearing twice to make sure I had it in the lowest gears as I was only getting into 3rd....It was slow as molasses, and only a really well driven lap got me anywhere near Geoff in the same car in quali. The race was different in that I couldn't sort out the braking for the hairpin to Geoffers satisfaction  Wink and our duel was effectively ended by me playing follow the leader with Tony and heading into the gravel where he was playing.....

Was good fun revisiting the cups, hope we do some more with default car groups like this that have the same different styles of lapping, but without the spread of laptimes that the Elite and the TVR have as a for instance.....
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 06:21:32 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2020, 06:47:56 PM +0100 »

Like at Donington I dismissed using the Elan or TVR for these races, so having already used the Healey it realistically left the Cortina, E-type & Mini to chose from. Had raced the Mini at Mondello several times back in the days of the GamersCrib Mini League so that was that choice sorted & I felt the E-type would be faster than the Cortina at Anderstorp.

Amazed myself in qually at Mondello, getting the Mini round almost half a second faster than I had ever done before Shocked. Knew the Mini would be poor off the line & so it proved, luckily Clive's spin at T1 caused a bit of a hold up while I got around the outside into 3rd place. Hassled Erling for a couple of laps & looked to make a pass at the final turn only to lock up & give Erling a bump & slide off track. Dropped behind Nocatu's Mini & then took a few laps to find a way back past him, by which time Erling was some 5s up the road. Put in some good laps to try to catch up but just failed, even lapping faster than in qually.

With most drivers in the Elan at Anderstorp, the E-type was going to struggle. However I had a good dice with Daz's similar car for a few laps but after destroying both of his rear lights at the hairpin I then succeeded in spinning him out there, sorry Daz. Allowed him back past, along with Tony's TVR, however Daz went off himself a couple of corners later leaving me to battle with Tony. That resolved itself when Tony overshot the hairpin & I ran alone the rest of the race.

Congrats to Daz & Silvino on their wins & to Erling & Dimitar on the podiums.  clap clap clap
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com