by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 09:57:58 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L20TF East London: September 16, 2020
September 16, 2020, 08:42:54 PM +0100 - East London - UKGTL Season 20 The Fifties
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 3 +0.160
94.845mph
1 49:47.884
93.462mph
32 1:32.201
94.649mph
Dunlop  
Daz9

Aston Martin DBR1 (#25) GTC-65 2 +0.113
94.894mph
2 +28.132
92.590mph
32 1:32.098
94.754mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Aston Martin DBR1 (#3) GTC-65 1 1:31.850
95.010mph
3 +32.872
92.445mph
32 1:32.088
94.765mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 5 +1.598
93.386mph
4 +56.845
91.717mph
32 1:33.262
93.572mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR1 (#16) GTC-65 4 +1.011
93.976mph
5 +1:07.993
91.383mph
32 1:33.207
93.627mph
Dunlop  
AndyL

Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 6 +1.915
93.070mph
6 +1:10.959
91.294mph
32 1:34.022
92.815mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 7 +2.796
92.204mph
7 +7L 25 1:34.614
92.235mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin-Healey 100S (#700) GTC-65 9 +3.249
91.764mph
8 +19L 13 1:34.822
92.032mph
unknown
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Jaguar D-Type (#10) GTC-65 8 +3.020
91.986mph
9 +21L 11 1:34.914
91.943mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:32.088
94.765mph
Geoffers
Race
Aston Martin DBR1September 16, 2020, 08:42:54 PM +0100
L20TF
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 20 The Fifties - East London - Sep 16  (Read 832 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2019, 03:57:40 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 22

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (32 laps)

Track: East London (Prince George Circuit) Download this

Cars allowed

AC Ace Download this
Aston Martin DBR1 Download this
Austin Healey 100 Download this
Jaguar D-Type (1955) Download this
Mercedes 300SL (LM55) Download this

Car restrictions: Two drives maximum per make. Check your car allowance here

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesdays
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:07:23 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 09:54:01 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 10:42:26 PM +0100 »

Great event as always. We had different cars on the grid and once again small gaps in the top of the standings at the Qualifying.

At the qualy i couldn't take the best out of the car. It was so tough to make a perfect lap, but at the end i made new PB so it wasn't that bad.

At the start Coyote once again flew in front of me. Cheesy (You must teach me how to do such a great starts Cheesy ) and i was now in P4. After just few laps Daz was now 5 seconds ahead and i thought it's over.

Fortunately for me Erling was so unlucky to miss the braking for the third corner and i was now in P3. Unfortunately for me Geoffers was clearly faster than me and Daz just faster so i knew it will be tough to catch then, and to overtake them with my lower top speed was going to be even harder. I knew that it will be very tough to stay away from mistakes and maybe that made my driving slower in the race session but at the end this was the key for my victory.

I was so scared for the second part of the chicane in the middle of the track which makes your car fly in the ear. Fortunately throughout the whole race i had just 1-2 small mistakes and everyone else was consistent driving.

At the end Geoff for me was the faster driver tonight but was so unlucky, like Daz was, to make few big mistakes that throw both of them out of the fight.

At the end this was unexpected victory for me, after the bad start but well deserved because of my consistent driving. I was quite surprised to see that i am just under 2 tents in the standings for the Fastest Lap of the Race, where Geoff and Daz were so close once again.

Congrats to Daz and Geoffers for the podium and thanks to everybody for the great race.

Race replay with camera and commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1XeDFGgKqU&feature=youtu.be

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 12:03:26 AM +0100 »

The Aston essentially ran out of grip to do the fast laps at around lap 20 for me, so it was not going to be possible to stay with you once you were in front Dimitar. Particularly being as you were making no real errors, whereas myself and Geoffers had started a catalogue for those  lol

Braking was a nightmare for me, caused Geoff to spin at least twice with my overly cautious approach, but it was very tricky to keep the DBR anywhere near on the black stuff for me in the two big braking zones. Apologies Geoff. Then the grip ran out, and it was merely a case of survival..... eek
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 09:25:23 AM +0100 »

Very similar issues to Daz in the Aston. Although I didn't really have too much problem stopping the car, it was more a case of judging where to brake with a distinct lack of trackside furniture for markers. I think once I got a bit close to Daz & lost the car having to brake mid corner but all the other offs were my own doing, just braking too late. It is a fun track just needs a few marker boards. Roll Eyes

Congrats to DD & Daz.  clap clap

Watching DD's video I was bemused by Erling's Aston not really being able to pull away from the Merc on the straights, whereas mine could. Are you sure you are getting full throttle Erling?
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 10:20:34 AM +0100 »

I knew that this track has already been used and in fact, five years ago, we already raced here:

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=12725#event4142

Track is missing in the "Circuits" overview.

At least I was able to improve my pb.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 10:22:11 AM +0100 »

It is re assuring to see some other ( and better ) drivers than me experience the Aston's ability to destroy tyres at an alarming rate. Something that I painfully experienced at the last race and which Matt had confirmed as a known "thing".

Grats to DD on the win, which I am sure is as a result of me giving him a good push at T1 Lap 1, thus increasing his speed for the duration of the next 32 laps  Roll Eyes Apologies DD, but having watched your replay I can see why you suddenly slowed to avoid Erling, just as I had nailed the gas through the apex. The resulting spin placed me dead last by 25 secs and TBH if it had not been such a long race I might have considered quitting. But, this is a track that I know from GPL and the SL felt solid, so I decided to see if I could chase down the field and at least catch my Grand Tour colleague AndyL.

It took several laps before I even saw another car and a few more to close on Matt who was clearly struggling with the D type. He ran wide at the hairpin allowing me an easy pass. Then I passed Kurt and Tony who both had off track excursions over the next 10 laps. Next car was AndyL, but he was still 15 secs ahead and I know that he is unlikely to make mistakes  Undecided
I was pushing hard and discovering that I could brake a little later than I had been as the fuel level dropped? Unlike Geoffers, I rarely use trackside braking markers, unless they are very obvious, and rely on a visual judgement ( and a lot of luck ??) to decide my anchoring points. It was a long hard chase to catch Andy and there were a few buttock clenching moments as I pushed the limits.
I am guessing that Erling fell foul of the Aston's tyre curse when I passed him churning gravel at the hairpin? as I closed in on Andy. Catching Andy was one thing, passing him proved to be quite a challenge.
After a couple of laps it was clear that my gearing was accelerating me out of the slow corners much quicker than him, but he had a speed advantage on the straight. So, I planned my move for the hairpin which required that I was as close as possible to him ( courtesy of some slipstream ) on the exit of T1.
A little more draft got me very close and I was able to take a tight line and give it beans as we headed towards the Esses. Once I was alongside I knew that I had the inside line for the Esses, but that I needed to stretch a gap before the main straight or he would breeze back past me!! Fortunately I had just enough space to keep me safe and was able to stretch away towards the end of the race.

For what feels like a heavy car with bucket loads of tyre shredding torque, the Merc appeared to be remarkably gentle on it's tyres given that I was drifting it very hard through T1 and at a few other places. At the flag the rears were at 50% worn and the fronts at around 40% worn........the question now is, should I have driven harder??? The loss of 25 secs at T1 ( my fault for trying too hard too early!) dictated my race and maybe had I stayed with DD and the leading group I might have picked off those DB1s. Well I can always dream  Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 10:24:21 AM +0100 »

Track is missing in the "Circuits" overview.
No it's not https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&location=145&circuit=0  Wink

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 05:16:48 PM +0100 »

Dimitar: Credit goes fully to Geoffers for giving me the secrets of a fast start.  I turn off auto clutch for the start (with F2 key), and experiment to find the optimum rev number at which to dump the clutch beforehand. Once on the move, I turn auto clutch back on.

Geoffers: As far as the setup of the controls display, I am indeed getting full throttle.  Maybe that's the secret of you aliens and your impossible speeds - you all have throttles that can be cranked to 11...  Wink

Race itself was pure crap.  Mistake under braking let Dimitar past, but just as well, as I was clearly holding him up.  Lonely race until the midpoint, when the car succeeded in mugging me repeatedly under braking, snapping to the side and throwing the rear around.  This dropped me behind Andy & Clive.  Got past the former again, when he was recovering after a moment, but Clive was a further 8 secs up the road and I couldn't catch him.  Each successive spin deepened the red mist, leading to further spins, as my driving got too aggressive.

Shared Geoffers problems of missing visual clues for brake markers, leading to either braking too late or too early.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 07:38:20 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
AndyL

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 08:49:39 PM +0100 »

Feeling smug with my new pc and monitor, I attempted to join in at the start of qualy and found that I couldn't. This was because I am an idiot and didn't try the new setup online. A frantic search followed, what to do, find the old DVD box and serial number, managed to connect. In the pits I had no pedals. Pulled out the USB and back in - now have pedals. Out of the pits with woefully low power - what now? Check pedals again - ok - realise I was trying to set a lap with pit limiter on... Oh dear! All sorted and went straight out and set a big pb propelled by embarrassement.

A cautious start held my position and started to feel comfortable. I even felt I was almost keeping pace with Erling ahead and Clive behind. Suddenly I was sampling the giddy heights of 4th position, but quickly lost the plot and faded away. Quite fun.

I don't know about what the advanced setup gives, but my gear adjustment was final drive only. One had a lot of time with the red light on in 4th. I guess that's what Clive had (and what I see Dimitar had). I clicked down one, so I had a bit to spare on the straights if I ever found myself in a position to pass anyone (no) and easier to control but slower out of the corners.

Grats to the front three - very impressive and close times.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 09:56:04 PM +0100 »

As far as the advanced setup is concerned Andy...............
TBH I don't bother with it because, in order to make a positive adjustment amongst so many parameters, one needs to positively know what one is doing and I don't !!! So I stick with the single page. and it looks like I set my final ratio one click down from yours.

I suspect that you maybe are working under years of GPL rev limits? where hitting the red line a few times, ends in shrapnel and tears ?? It took me while in GTL to realise that setting gear ratios to hit the rev limiter BEFORE the end of the main straight is usually a good idea  Roll Eyes and the rev limiter is exactly that.....it limits the revs  Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 10:47:04 AM +0100 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com