by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 02:05:58 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L20R5TC Le Mans: January 01, 2020
January 01, 2020, 09:11:57 PM +0000 - Le Mans (Bugatti) - UKGTL Season 20 Renault 5 Turbo Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87013) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.266
81.703mph
1 23:20.670
80.192mph
12 1:54.562
81.704mph
Michelin  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87015) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.179
80.182mph
12 1:52.510
83.194mph
Michelin  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87025) GTC-TC-76 3 +2.874
80.028mph
12 1:53.896
82.182mph
Michelin  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87014) GTC-TC-76 1 1:54.297
81.894mph
4 +7.701
79.753mph
12 1:54.565
81.702mph
Michelin  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87044) GTC-TC-76 4 +1.001
81.183mph
5 +13.357
79.434mph
12 1:55.517
81.029mph
Michelin  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87002) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.340
81.651mph
6 +13.993
79.399mph
12 1:55.271
81.202mph
Michelin  
Dominick

Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87011) GTC-TC-76 7 +31.831
78.410mph
12 1:56.595
80.279mph
Michelin  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:52.510
83.194mph
Geoffers
Race
Renault 5 GT TurboJanuary 01, 2020, 09:11:57 PM +0000
L20R5TC
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 20 Renault 5 Turbo Cup - Le Mans - Jan 1  (Read 1152 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2019, 11:19:48 AM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Track: Le Mans (Bugatti) Download this

Cars allowed: Renault 5 GT Turbo Download this

RACE TWO

Practice: ~20:55 (5 mins)
Qualifying: ~21:00 (10 mins) NOTE: 1st and 2nd place drivers from Race One will not take part in qualifying
Race: ~21:10 (12 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: 2x
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 06:50:07 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 08:12:39 PM +0000 »

*Bump*

Sorry, but that memory, you know
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 09:04:34 PM +0000 »

Sorry could only make one race.  Neighbor get together this PM, pot luck supper.  Grats to the podiums!!!!!!!!!

Bob M.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 10:06:16 AM +0000 »

1st Race was appalling for me  Shocked I had made a standard "mini ish" setup. lots of front grip etc
and it was ok at first, but at half way point it became undrivable, was almost no rear left tyre left
and the rear right was nearly shot as well. Fronts were not yet half worn. I went to pit
but I had left autopit on for this copy, and it stopped the car at an angle like a Le Mns start, and
drive back and forward as much as I liked, they would not do anything, so quit.

2nd Race I used the default setup with just a tweak for brakes and steering, and it lasted much better
finished the race with nothing left on both left tyres, with lots left on the right.

Is the 2x tyre wear intentional? seems over the top with these cars to me. Pit stops should not
be needed for a 12 lap double sprint I would have thought?

Managed a lucky win as Tony was keeping back the much faster Geoff and Erling  thumbup1
Geoff almost snatched the win at the final corner as I went wobbly a few corners earlier
and again at the final turn.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 10:56:24 AM +0000 »

Is the 2x tyre wear intentional? seems over the top with these cars to me. Pit stops should not
be needed for a 12 lap double sprint I would have thought?
I agree that pit stops shouldn't be considered for these sprint races.

2x TW was deliberate as I thought it would add an extra dimension to these races; cars becoming harder to control as the races progressed.

But if the consensus is for normal TW then of course I will change it.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 10:58:23 AM +0000 »

Fair enough. just feels to me that the tyre wear on these is much worse than most.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 12:13:46 PM +0000 »

Like Matt I really suffered appalling tyre wear in the first race, left rear was at 81 on XD at the end & it was very nearly impossible to drive on the last lap with the car intent on swapping ends on RHers. So rather lucky to hang on to 2nd place.

Had a big decision to make for race 2, stick with the setup & drive much easier or take a stab in the dark & make major changes. Went for the latter option & softened the rear suspension & moved brake bias way more to the front (10 notches in fact). Did a quick run during the qually session to check driveability, which seemed OK, so went with the changes for the race.

Race 2 was great fun, changes to setup worked & tyre wear was much less, only just in the 40s at the end. Had some great battling with Tony & Erling & very nearly caught Matt at the end.

Congrats to Erling & Matt on their wins & to Tony on his podium.  clap clap clap

One thing I noted was I seemed to be quicker on the straights than everyone else, now that may have a little to do with setup & gearing, but, are the rest of you using the additional setup options? In there you have a rear wing setting, even though as far as I am aware the car doesn't have one, but it does make quite a difference to the car's straight line speed I discovered. I had mine set on 3 which I think is somewhat less than default. Worth checking.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 12:40:41 PM +0000 »

I am not using any of the additional setup things. I did turn off autoclutch half way through race 2 to get a better speed
on the straights. For front drive manual clutch usually works well, for some cars with unrealistic engine braking
it's safer for me to use autoclutch.

p.s How do you get the additional setups? I remember something about it, but don't have a link
Also, people talk about tyre wear numbers in XD, all I get is a bar that works it way down from green to red, to nothing
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 12:42:25 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 01:51:47 PM +0000 »

First of all a 1000 thanks to Geoffers for finally solving the mystery about lightening starts that’s been haunting me for very long.  No matter what I’ve tried, my car always started moving very slowly, while others (you know who you are Wink) seemingly jumps off the line.  At times I’ve even found myself wondering if people were using launch control cheats, if something like that even exists for GTL, but somehow couldn’t believe any of our crowd would resort to that.

Geoffers’ suggestion that it might be auto clutch slowing me down, turned out to be true.  I’m apparently one of few using it, and while I have a clutch pedal and use it for the starts, auto clutch influences them still.  With it off, the car starts moving much more abruptly, and requires quite a different approach to the revs used at the start.

I can switch it on again once moving, like Geoff suggested, but if I screw things up, I might still stall the engine. How do you start it again when that happens ?   Game has both ‘Ignition’ and ‘Start’ functions, and I tried mapping both to various buttons on my wheel & keyboard keys, but only in 1½ times out of countless tries, did I get the engine to start, after deliberately stalling it. In all other tries, nothing happened when I pressed the buttons (tried both with and without using the ignition button)

Race 1:
Geoffers cemented his alien dna with a truly out-of-this-world qual time. When the flag dropped however, it was for once me jumping him. Couldn’t help chuckling over this the first laps – that’s the thanks you get for your kind help!  Smiley   Truth be told though, it was probably more down to Geoffers getting a real bad start, rather than me making stellar use of his suggestions, although it definitely played a part.
First half of the race was a close battle with Geoffers, but then he suddenly vanished around the Dunlop bridge.  Held a gap of around 5 secs the rest of the race, as long as I kept a decent pace.

Race 2:
This was so hilariously funny that it should probably have been illegal  Grin
Started last, but again the new start worked brilliantly. Couldn’t believe how Geoffers & I advanced through the field over the first few meters, but then he put on the anchors sooner than anticipated when we neared the Dunlop bridge. Nearly yanked my wheel off the table trying to avoid hitting him!!  Shocked   That let Tony slip past again.  Remainder of the race was a mad scrap between Tony, Geoffers & I.  Dunno what Matt hat put in the brown envelope for Tony, but it certainly worked!  He wasn’t taking any prisoners last night – my nose still smarts after the number of times he slammed the door in my face...  Hit with a wet fish  With Geoffers I lost count of the number of times we swapped places, and likewise the number of times I had the car on two wheels.  Finally found a way around Tony, but couldn’t keep Geoffers behind towards the end.

Grats to Matt on his win, & Tony + Geoff for the podiums.

With regards to tyre wear; values were much higher than what I would normally run with, but the car remained quite manageable. Had wear values up to around 45 on the left rear.

Matt, I also have the bars in XD, but there’s a number associated with them too.  I believe it’s above (or below) the bars – can’t check right now.

Am using the advanced setup, but didn’t change the wing setting. Can’t recall exactly how to get it, but it was something that needs to be installed IIRC.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 02:01:49 PM +0000 »

How do you get the additional setups? https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=14422.msg261889#msg261889

Also, people talk about tyre wear numbers in XD, all I get is a bar that works it way down from green to red, to nothing

Check your XD.ini file

; Show tyre wear also in numbers
; 0 = Disabled
; 1 = Enabled (default)
ShowTyreWearInNumbers=1

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 02:07:57 PM +0000 »

@ Erling

I use Auto-clutch  laugh

Two glasses of red wine with my pre-race dinner may be the reason my driving was a little more aggresive than usual, sorry  Wink

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 02:20:42 PM +0000 »

Um, I have tyre wear in numbers set, maybe I just never noticed it.....; whistling
You were a bit shoot first ask questions later Tony..  Shocked

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 02:49:01 PM +0000 »

Erling, regarding 'start' & 'ignition'. If you stall the engine you only need to press 'start' to restart the engine, you only need 'ignition' to turn off the engine. However if you have pressed 'ignition' you need to press it again before you can restart the engine. The default cars & some add-ons will auto restart if you have it enabled, others need to be manually restarted, a few though will not restart at all if you stall the engine.
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 02:58:46 PM +0000 »

Hi i just used default setup with extra fuel in races, tires shot by end of race so would vote for normal tire wear. I use auto clutch so perhaps i should reinstall my clutch pedal for starts.
  Also had this problem here any answers?
 (I had a few anomaly's with XD in race XD stopped telling me info on fuel after lap 5 also drivers in front would be shown as behind and some drivers as DNF when they were still racing, i have XD 2.1.16 (is this the correct one ?) also have had these problems in other races.)

Grats to Erling and Matt on wins

Grats to Podiums
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 03:38:44 PM +0000 »

@ Erling

I use Auto-clutch  laugh

Two glasses of red wine with my pre-race dinner may be the reason my driving was a little more aggresive than usual, sorry  Wink

As if real life traffic isn't enough - now we have to deal with drunken drivers in simracing too  Grin

Erling, regarding 'start' & 'ignition'. If you stall the engine you only need to press 'start' to restart the engine, you only need 'ignition' to turn off the engine. However if you have pressed 'ignition' you need to press it again before you can restart the engine. The default cars & some add-ons will auto restart if you have it enabled, others need to be manually restarted, a few though will not restart at all if you stall the engine.

Thanks Geoff; that's actually what I thought - and tried repeatedly.  I could hear if ignition was on or off - a weird sort of electrical, squeaky noise best describes it.  I only tried the Renault yesterday, so wonder if it's one of the cars where it doesn't work.  Weird though that it did start 1½ times - once it almost started, but then died again and wouldn't start, and once it started right away when I pressed the 'start' button after stalling it.

Roger; didn't look at the fuel situation in XD, and don't have the driver roster active, so can't say if it was acting up.  The pit board was weird though - when Geoffers went off in race 1, it showed a gap of 18 secs next time I passed start. One lap later, it was only 4 secs. Not even Geoffers could gain that much on me in one lap, so I thought someone hat hit 'escape' and jumped to the pits. Next lap, it was 5 secs however, and remained in that ballpark for the rest of the race, so clearly something wasn't quite right.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com