by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 09:50:45 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L20R5TC Rouen: April 22, 2020
April 22, 2020, 08:33:08 PM +0100 - Rouen (1974-94) - UKGTL Season 20 Renault 5 Turbo Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87043) GTC-TC-76 1 2:09.803
91.605mph
1 26:25.522
89.994mph
12 2:10.508
91.110mph
Michelin  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87015) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.903
90.972mph
2 +4.090
89.763mph
12 2:10.808
90.901mph
Michelin  
Hristo Itchov
 Turbo Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87016) GTC-TC-76 6 +1.770
90.373mph
3 +22.930
88.711mph
12 2:11.972
90.100mph
Michelin  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87027) GTC-TC-76 3 +1.111
90.828mph
4 +31.023
88.267mph
12 2:11.588
90.363mph
Michelin  
Dominick

Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87011) GTC-TC-76 10 +3.238
89.376mph
5 +35.126
88.044mph
12 2:12.895
89.474mph
Michelin  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87009) GTC-TC-76 9 +3.223
89.386mph
6 +46.373
87.437mph
12 2:12.681
89.618mph
Michelin  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87002) GTC-TC-76 12 +5.786
87.696mph
7 +1:04.576
86.472mph
12 2:14.023
88.721mph
Michelin  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87014) GTC-TC-76 8 +2.148
90.114mph
8 +1:08.255
86.280mph
12 2:11.803
90.215mph
Michelin  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87003) GTC-TC-76 9 +2:06.759
83.332mph
12 2:16.667
87.004mph
Michelin  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87044) GTC-TC-76 5 +1.765
90.376mph
10 +1L
82.067mph
11 2:12.907
89.466mph
Michelin  
misnoimis

Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87021) GTC-TC-76 13 +9.350
85.450mph
11 +51.605
79.493mph
11 2:18.946
85.577mph
Michelin  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87004) GTC-TC-76 7 +2.134
90.124mph
12 11 2:13.081
89.349mph
DQ
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87013) GTC-TC-76 11 +4.920
88.260mph
13 +5L 7 2:13.656
88.964mph
unknown
Michelin  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87025) GTC-TC-76 4 +1.446
90.596mph
14 +11L 1 2:31.148
78.669mph
unknown
Michelin  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 20 Renault 5 Turbo Cup - Rouen - Apr 22  (Read 1479 times)
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2020, 09:32:09 AM +0100 »

Hi   Hristo no problem i was a bit out of my league up front and knew you faster guys were closing in on me  , i enjoyed both races but lack of practice shows as i made to many mistakes and in race 1 was rewarded with a puncture.

Grats to race winners

Grats to Podiums
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 10:16:28 AM +0100 »

I'm so sorry for taking you out like that, Roguk, that was so stupid of me, completely misjudged my braking point  Cry
Post an incident report and it will be looked into.

I don't have the server replay, but you can see it on Dimitar's 2nd race video at 23:00, lap 5, last corner.
I've seen the incident (you can find the replay in the Replays folder; under Race Series Key, https://replays.simracing.org.uk/

I don't do moderation for GTL so unless I'm involved it doesn't need to be my concern. I will report any really bad driving/rule breaking that I see, but I'm not judge and jury.

For everyone's advice, here is what our rules say:

"Where a driver believes they are at fault for an incident, they may elect to impose a drive through penalty on themselves by entering the pitlane and driving the full distance down it at the speed limit without stopping at their garage for any work to be performed.
Such a drive through must be performed within a reasonable time after the incident, the rule of thumb being 3 laps.
A self-imposed drive through should be reported to the series moderator along with the incident, and will under most circumstances reduce or eliminate any positional penalty".

Also , not in the rules , but taken as a given in sim-racing; you should slow down after the incident and let your victim re-take the position lost.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:25:07 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2020, 10:24:49 AM +0100 »

Race 1 was good fun chasing Dimitar, I got the lead at the start but as Dimitar said he got past on the first lap. Stayed with him for a few laps but he pulled away towards the end to a deserved win.

Race 2 didn't last long unfortunately. Got a good start & passed 2 or 3 cars before the chicane then approaching the hairpin Dimitar gave me a slight nudge, wasn't much but it was enough to put me on the grass when I became a passenger & could not avoid hitting Tony (I think it was), apologies Tony, in hindsight I should have hit 'Esc' when I got on the grass. Anyway the engine died & with no restart it was race over.

Congrats to the podiums.  clap clap clap

I think it was me who gave you the (second?) slight but significant nudge in order to avoid Tony's car. Sorry for that!  Tongue

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2020, 11:27:52 AM +0100 »

Race 1 was good fun chasing Dimitar, I got the lead at the start but as Dimitar said he got past on the first lap. Stayed with him for a few laps but he pulled away towards the end to a deserved win.

Race 2 didn't last long unfortunately. Got a good start & passed 2 or 3 cars before the chicane then approaching the hairpin Dimitar gave me a slight nudge, wasn't much but it was enough to put me on the grass when I became a passenger & could not avoid hitting Tony (I think it was), apologies Tony, in hindsight I should have hit 'Esc' when I got on the grass. Anyway the engine died & with no restart it was race over.

So sorry to hear that Geoff. I didnt feel anything on the track so i apologyse to you. I will take a look at the replay to find out what happend.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2020, 12:01:16 PM +0100 »

So sorry to hear that Geoff. I didnt feel anything on the track so i apologyse to you. I will take a look at the replay to find out what happend.

Just one of those cases where we both wanted the same piece of track. Happens sometimes where the effect on one car is far greater than the actual contact warrants, one of those 'GTL' things.

Kurt, I think you were just an innocent victim of my out of control car.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2020, 12:32:07 PM +0100 »

Congrats to the podiums.  clap clap clap

Just one of those cases where we both wanted the same piece of track. Happens sometimes where the effect on one car is far greater than the actual contact warrants, one of those 'GTL' things.

Kurt, I think you were just an innocent victim of my out of control car.

whistling sweatdrop

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2020, 12:41:35 PM +0100 »

Once again had a race spoilt on lap1, by the same driver no less, in what seemed an entirely avoidable hit, so starting to wonder if it's something personal.  And apparently courtesy waiting for the ones we bump off track is no longer practiced - is it just this series, or UKGTL in general ?  Rant over.

Crashed the car at the chicane next lap, on those pesky rubbery markers that got so many drivers.  Hit escape and quit in disgust.

Race 2 I was clearly off the pace, so should probably look at those wing settings Geoffers mentions.  Lucky to finish 2nd, and only due to misfortune of several others.

Grats to Hristo & Dimitar on their wins & podiums, and to Geoffers on 2nd
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2020, 01:22:55 PM +0100 »

Over at NoGrip back in another era a 'classic Dom'(*) was when I went from last to first (admittedly in 99% of the cases that only happened through faults of the other drivers). Yesterday in race 2 I managed a reverse 'classic Dom', from first to last.  Lips Sealed

Nevertheless I had great fun in both races. Close combat with equivalent or identical cars is as good as it gets in simracing. I like it especially when it's not the usual suspects which are up front. When Dan, Roger and me were battling for the lead, that was just epic. Alas, the very thing which gave me wings (silly pun intended) and a very surprising pole was also my downfall. In fifteen years I never even knew that GTL models such things as drag and downforce. Drastically lowering the rear wing (thanks, Geoff) did indeed make several seconds of difference in lap time but it also made the rear as frisky as a playful kitten. It was great fun sliding through the busstop chicane à la Jason Plato but it was also an accident waiting to happen. And it happened twice. The first time put me down half a field and the second time left the car literally beyond repair, not to mention my wheel calibration 50 degrees off. So that was the end. But I still enjoyed it more than when I end 5th or so but with no other cars in sight.

I was a priviliged witness of the incident between Roger and Hristo and though I was not directly involved, I'd like to say something about it: I knew it was going to happen before it did. I've seen it a hundred times. It's a classic case of a very fast driver going through a field of typically slower people. Some Aliens need to remember that slower people are slower for a reason. We brake earlier and have less corner speed. That's why we're slower to begin with. I respectfully submit to all Aliens that it's their responsibility to take that into account when they have to catch up through a field of slower people.

Congratulations to both podia.  I Am Not Worthy

(*)
For the Brits: my 'classic Dom' has no relation whatsoever to that other 'classic Dom'. I was first, lol.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 01:48:01 PM +0100 by Dominick » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2020, 01:48:11 PM +0100 »

Once again had a race spoilt on lap1, by the same driver no less, in what seemed an entirely avoidable hit, so starting to wonder if it's something personal.  And apparently courtesy waiting for the ones we bump off track is no longer practiced - is it just this series, or UKGTL in general ?  Rant over.
Not waiting for a victim to retake their position is thoroughly poor show and should be the minimum required standard for all sim racers.

We can penalize driver's who do this but we really do need an Incident Report. I don't want to become the incident police at every event we hold.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2020, 02:35:26 PM +0100 »

It was me Erling, I hope you don't think that cause I'm Italian, and it wasn't absolutely personal and wanted, so I apologize.
Anyway I had apologize in chat after race 1, only I did to Clive that had another blue car, sorry for mistake. About the touch in this race I didn't feel so at fault cause you had a strange approach to the hairpin in front of me, at least in my replay and pheraps for a connection delay you went straight and suddenly turned to the right in my path, I was a bit wide and couldn't avoid you, sorry again for that but at the moment i didn't feel to have done a real mistake and didn't wait. I was punished in race 2 when I got the same pole at the bus stop and ended on my roof while I was battling to regain positions after a wide at the hairpin and a usual slow start. Cry
At Charade I rearended you at the first braking of lap1 cause I pressed brake and nothing happened, you can see in replay that I came on you like a rocket, there were others rearenders in the same time and at the moment I felt guilt for the whole pile up and waited for almost all the field to restart, only viewing replay I found that I wasn't the only at fault.  angel
Next one  Smiley

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2020, 03:25:20 PM +0100 »

It was me Erling, I hope you don't think that cause I'm Italian, and it wasn't absolutely personal and wanted, so I apologize.
Anyway I had apologize in chat after race 1, only I did to Clive that had another blue car, sorry for mistake. About the touch in this race I didn't feel so at fault cause you had a strange approach to the hairpin in front of me, at least in my replay and pheraps for a connection delay you went straight and suddenly turned to the right in my path, I was a bit wide and couldn't avoid you, sorry again for that but at the moment i didn't feel to have done a real mistake and didn't wait. I was punished in race 2 when I got the same pole at the bus stop and ended on my roof while I was battling to regain positions after a wide at the hairpin and a usual slow start. Cry
At Charade I rearended you at the first braking of lap1 cause I pressed brake and nothing happened, you can see in replay that I came on you like a rocket, there were others rearenders in the same time and at the moment I felt guilt for the whole pile up and waited for almost all the field to restart, only viewing replay I found that I wasn't the only at fault.  angel
Next one  Smiley

There's two sides to everything as always I guess Fulvio. I did have a very wide entry into the corner, which should really have given you more space to brake, or at least that was my perception in the moment.  First incident I had accepted as a mishap, but when it happens again so soon after, you start wondering.  Anyway, no hard feelings and on with the next one  Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2020, 04:52:52 PM +0100 »

No biggie, and not in the "Incident Report" league, but I second Dom's point about faster drivers.
On Monday I got caught between an alien flying saucer  alien and a barrier mid chicane. As I was being lapped it's really my responsibility
to get out of the way, and not impeded the pass. But, when you are in the middle of a chicane at speed, there's not a lot of places
to go. Had I realised it was the leaders bearing down I would have tried to slow to let them pass  Shocked  but, I was also racing my own race
with some people, so that would have cut my lead to nothing, and I assumed (wrongly) that the cars in the mirror were my group
so headed into the chicane as usual. It was just unfortunate timing, but it ended my race, and I didn't bother to even join race 2
I can't complain really as it was a genuine awkward incident, but some consideration would have been welcome.  Grin

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2020, 09:08:38 PM +0100 »

Result_Race 1

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2020, 10:54:09 AM +0100 »

Point taken about waiting for a driver after colliding into them, but I also noticed roguk decided to retire almost immediately after our incident  Undecided

About the races themselves, I have to be honest, I'm not very pleased that we're allowed to use that advanced setup patch. I decided against using it, just like Dimitar. It just ruins realism, giving a car that doesn't have wings, a wing adjustment, not to mention the fast bump and rebound settings, a splitter (?!) and so on. Are you guys using that patch for every race? That would explain some odd differences in speed I've noticed sometimes...

In race 1 I had almost no practice and no setup, so whatever I improvised with, didn't quite work out. I was very slow on the straights and going doors first in the corners. I only really gained positions and reached 3rd place because of the mistakes of those in front of me. Still had a nice battle with Tony and someone else though! The way my car was balanced (or imbalanced rather) meant I had completely fried rear tyres in the final few laps, but fortunately the gaps were now big enough.

For race 2 Dimitar was kind enough to share his setup and although I didn't do any full runs in qualifying (thinking we're all going to start with a reversed grid  Cheesy ), I drove it for half a lap and could instantly feel how much better it is. He really did a miracle with the car setup without using the advanced patch. Starting from the back was fun and I managed to gain several positions in the first lap, again mainly through people making mistakes. Those running low wings still had an advantage down the straights, but I noticed I could brake much later and carry more speed through some corners, so overall I was gaining on them.

After the unfortunate incident with roguk, I set down on chasing Dan for 1st place, but even if I had managed to overtake him, I knew there wasn't much chance of staying in front of him with the difference in top speed. The last 2 laps were not what either of us expected though. First we both lost it (and I learned Dimitar did too) when the server seemed to lag severely as we were going through T2 and into T2, so that gave me the lead, but only just. Then again both myself and Dan lost it together going downhill into the shortened section, both of us hitting the wall  Roll Eyes Grin I managed to recover quicker (sheer luck) and then he must have had another off, because I was suddenly safely into the lead, with Dimitar in 2nd. I slowed down so we could finish together, but he pulled into the pits just before the finish line on the last lap.  Roll Eyes

Congrats to all who finished!

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2020, 10:58:09 AM +0100 »

Thanks for the results Kurt  thumbup1

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com