by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 11:20:23 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L20R5TC Nogaro: August 26, 2020
August 26, 2020, 08:32:48 PM +0100 - Nogaro - UKGTL Season 20 Renault 5 Turbo Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87015) GTC-TC-76 1 1:42.347
78.723mph
1 27:41.231
77.601mph
16 1:42.574
78.549mph
Michelin  
Daz9

Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87022) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.892
78.043mph
2 +14.417
76.933mph
16 1:43.674
77.715mph
Michelin  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87025) GTC-TC-76 5 +1.576
77.529mph
3 +31.131
76.173mph
16 1:44.181
77.337mph
Michelin  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87009) GTC-TC-76 6 +2.064
77.167mph
4 +40.218
75.767mph
16 1:44.128
77.376mph
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87013) GTC-TC-76 4 +1.468
77.610mph
5 +51.212
75.280mph
16 1:44.317
77.236mph
Michelin  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87043) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.323
78.475mph
6 +54.006
75.157mph
16 1:44.239
77.294mph
Michelin  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87002) GTC-TC-76 8 +3.178
76.352mph
7 +1:02.618
74.782mph
16 1:45.488
76.379mph
Michelin  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87014) GTC-TC-76 7 +2.979
76.496mph
8 +2L
66.920mph
14 1:44.850
76.844mph
Michelin  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 20 Renault 5 Turbo Cup - Nogaro - Aug 26  (Read 772 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2019, 12:17:41 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Track: Nogaro 2003 Download this

Cars allowed: Renault 5 GT Turbo Download this

RACE ONE

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (10 mins)
Race: 20:30 (16 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 10:10:59 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 10:16:24 PM +0100 »

This not the Nogaro we have used in the past. This one is called Nogaro 2003.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 02:33:12 PM +0100 »

Very good track and car combination. It is so fun driving the Renault here. I hope i can make it tonight as i am on a birthday party. I hope to join at least for the second race.
1:44.188 so far from me. I will upload the setup online, the file is going to be called "Renault 5 Turbo" but i don't know is it any good.

BTW: The tires won't make it til the end Sad Is this happening to you as well guys?

The tires after just two laps: https://ibb.co/6JNn11D

OK, i put the spliter and the rear wing at 2/10 and it's better now, but still i am not sure if its gonna make it til the final (this is after 6 laps): https://ibb.co/wKvJsRw

EDIT: OK, i have uploaded the file, it is called "Renault 5 Turbo R". If you are careful enough with tires you might get it to the final.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 03:20:37 PM +0100 by Dimitar Dulichki » Logged

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 03:51:59 PM +0100 »

Front tyres should not be too much problem, it is the rears that will be a problem with excessive wear. Yeh, rear wing setting at 2 will help but it seems to be brake bias which makes the most difference, I am running mine at 70/30. Car is faster with it more to the rear but it wears the rear tyres at an alarming rate. At the first race we had with these at Le Mans Bugatti circuit I had the rear wear at 81 at the end of the first race as we had tyre wear set at x2. In the second race I moved brakes much more to the front & reduced rear tyre wear to 45 at the finish, still with tyre wear at x2, so brake bias makes a huge difference.
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 03:54:32 PM +0100 »

Thanks Geoffers, will try this if a have time later.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 10:13:50 PM +0100 »

Results and replay posted.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 11:45:18 PM +0100 »

Congratulation to Geoffers for the two dominant wins.

I had some pace in qualifying mode but my tires wouldn't make it to the final with that aggressive setup. I was driving with 5 rear wing on Q and 10 on R just because of the tires. But it looks like i have missed something completely with the setup as Geoffers made it to the final with 2 rear wing. Maybe it is because of the max tire pressure or too much negative camber, i don't know.  Roll Eyes

Never mind it was two great events, as in Race 1 i have made a mistake after the big straight and the car went upside down on the air and after that someone hit me, and to make the things worse my car went on 4 wheels again backwards  Grin At least i was able to see the chequered flag at P6 i think saving tires pretty much the whole second part of the race at 8 rear wing.

For race 2 i got the pole with new personal best and put the rear wing to 10 so the tires can make it.

I've lost the start, but contact between me, Matt (i think) and Clive gave me the lead back. After that we had great chase with Clive, he was faster at the beginning, we were level after the first laps, and i was faster after the first half. After that i gave everything to stay away from Geoffers and Daz, as Geoff was nearly 2 seconds per lap faster and it was obvious that i can't stay with him. So i went defensive for the big straight, but he totally outrun me at the beginning like a small station  Grin Forrtunately there were just 3 laps to go, so Daz couldn't make it to P2  Grin as he finished few tents behind me.

Congrats once again to Geoffers and congrats to the podium guys.

Race replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07VqKpHlzsQ&feature=youtu.be

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 08:58:19 AM +0100 »

But it looks like i have missed something completely with the setup as Geoffers made it to the final with 2 rear wing. Maybe it is because of the max tire pressure or too much negative camber, i don't know.  Roll Eyes

I will upload my setup later so you guys can try it, only thing wrong with it was the gearing as I seemed to be much slower out of the tight corners than others, so 2nd needs to be a bit lower. I am a bit embarrassed that I was just able to cruise past everyone else on the straight, but I am sure it was just down to the rear wing setting which makes a huge difference to the straight line speed of this car. On the tyre wear issue, I was up to over 30 on the left rear on XD in race 2, from previous races it appears that it really needs to get over 40 before it becomes an issue with grip.

Congrats to Daz, Erling & Dimitar on their podiums.  clap clap clap
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 09:54:14 AM +0100 »

Grats to the podiums for both races. As has already been said, some of those laptimes are seemingly impossible??!!

I think ( hope?) that I am learning how to drive these front wheel drive demons, but still nothing like as quickly as some of those with alien DNA amongst us Roll Eyes.

I only downloaded the track immediately before joining the server, so the first 15 mins of practice was a) learning the track and b) the rest of the time was learning how to get the car to follow the tarmac strip and not enjoy a picnic in the grass!!.

Apologies to Dimitar, it was me who hit your car in Race 1, I was at 100% through that corner and I could not stop, or turn tighter to miss you  Undecided. Eventually I caught Matt as his tyres gave up the battle and was able to steal his place with a few laps to go.

Race 2 and the aliens were breathing out green smoke from the rear of the grid  Shocked, Given their pace in Race 1, I figured that it was only a matter of when, not if, they came to the front. A few paint samples were exchanged through T1 and T2 as we each jostled for the lead position but we resolved the order before T3 and the race proper started.
Maybe it is my ( sometimes sideways) driving style with front wheel drive, in which I am constantly fighting the urge to "lift off" into corners instead of feeding in the power to pull the car through. But, although my tyres were wearing down to the last few pixels I was ahead of my fastest lap on the last lap of race 1, except for trying too hard at one corner and overshooting and losing the time.
Also in race 2 the tyres were worn but the car still felt stable and safe right to the end. I did not need to push in the final laps of race 2 as I was in a lonely 4th place.
Also the comments about brake balance I found interesting. Race 1, I ran 59F/41R and Race 2 I tried Geoffer's 70F/30R and could not discern any difference in handling or tyre wear?? TBH I found that the quickest way around the track was to almost NOT use the brakes and simply force the downshifts, before scrubbing off speed by applying extra lock and pouring on the power to pull the car into the apex ( or close to it  Roll Eyes ). I did not have time to experiment with gear ratios as much as I would have liked and I am sure there were some tenths to be found there.
I will try and d/load Geoffer's setup and try to see the difference. For sure he was able to carry more speed on the straight, I felt like a sitting duck just like Dimitar, when Geoffers simply breezed past with no apparent effort??!!

FWIW I did not have the 2nd page of setup parameters available in this install, so I was working with the basic setup options, maybe I should get myself organised organised for the next race?? lol

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 12:05:49 PM +0100 »

Way off the pace of the front runners here, who posted some scarcely believable times.

Race 1 I was elevated to 3rd by Dimitar's roll, a position I would not have been a contender for otherwise.  First half was a close battle with Matt, until he started falling back, presumably on worse tyres than mine.  Ran wing setting 6 for reference.

Race 2 managed to bug Geoffers for a few laps, playing rolling road block.  After he got past, most of the race was another close battle with Matt, this time with him in front.  Eventually we both entered T1 too fast. I got off easiest, just staying on the tarmac, whereas Matt went over the grass, allowing me to slip past.  Regrettably he spun off later that lap. Seems from the replay that he stalled the engine and couldn't get going again.

Grats to Geoffers on the two wins & to Daz & Dimitar for their podiums, and thanks to Geoffers for uploading the setup; must try it later.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 03:42:37 PM +0100 »

I have uploaded my setup in the Nogaro 2003 folder, called Renault 5Turbo.
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 04:07:47 PM +0100 »

Thanks Geoffers, the brake bias trick doesn't seem to work in my car Sad
I'll take a look later on the setup.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2020, 04:39:24 PM +0100 »

To be honest, I have not tried altering the brake bias at this track, so maybe it does not make much difference, but it certainly did make a difference at Le Mans. What tyre wear are you getting on XD?
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2020, 04:59:41 PM +0100 »

What Erling said. Had some good tussles with Erling and Clive, I also ran 6 wing, as I found that to be my best times
was slower on the straight, but more stable. particularly later in the races. I did smack into a wall towards the end
of race 2, did stall the engine, and even though I had been able to restart using Geoff's in gear trick, I could not get
it to start, though it made starting noises, the engine didn't actually spinup. Perhaps because it was nose into a wall

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2020, 05:42:54 PM +0100 »

To be honest, I have not tried altering the brake bias at this track, so maybe it does not make much difference, but it certainly did make a difference at Le Mans. What tyre wear are you getting on XD?

I am not sure, because i watch the bar for the tire wearing, and at race 1, with 8 rear wing it had 1 small trait left. I think it wear more than 2.0 per lap and i was more than 40 at the end, but not sure.

Edit: I checked the video, so after the finish at race 1 - 33.97 (8 wing), and after race 2 - 34.37 (10 wing), so maybe the wing is not helping so much at the end... even though i kept the tires almost the half distance at the first race.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com