by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 10:26:02 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L20R5TC Magny-Cours R1: December 16, 2020
December 16, 2020, 08:32:09 PM +0000 - Magny-Cours (National) - UKGTL Season 20 Renault 5 Turbo Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Daz9

Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87107) GTC-TC-76 4 +0.602
95.372mph
1 24:03.675
93.969mph
22 1:04.453
95.672mph
Michelin  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87015) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.570
95.419mph
2 +15.210
92.989mph
22 1:04.649
95.382mph
Michelin  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87025) GTC-TC-76 5 +0.772
95.122mph
3 +19.695
92.704mph
22 1:04.952
94.937mph
Michelin  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87004) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.414
95.650mph
4 +42.983
91.252mph
22 1:04.388
95.769mph
Michelin  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87027) GTC-TC-76 7 +1.294
94.362mph
5 +46.939
91.010mph
22 1:06.124
93.255mph
Michelin  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87043) GTC-TC-76 1 1:04.054
96.268mph
6 +1:12.691
89.464mph
22 1:04.358
95.814mph
Michelin  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87014) GTC-TC-76 10 +4.536
89.902mph
7 +1L
86.989mph
21 1:07.542
91.297mph
Michelin  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87045) GTC-TC-76 9 +2.957
92.020mph
8 +4L 18 1:06.726
92.413mph
unknown
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87013) GTC-TC-76 8 +2.429
92.751mph
9 +20L 2 1:08.750
89.693mph
unknown
Michelin  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Renault 5 GT Turbo (#87009) GTC-TC-76 6 +1.153
94.566mph
+22L 0 ---
---
clutch
Michelin  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 20 Renault 5 Turbo Cup - Magny-Cours - Dec 16  (Read 872 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2019, 12:38:04 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Track: Magny-Cours (National)

Cars allowed: Renault 5 GT Turbo Download this

RACE ONE

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (10 mins)
Race: 20:30 (22 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 02:32:30 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 10:08:04 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 10:15:29 PM +0000 »

Another Championship finishes and we need to congratulate

1) Geoffers  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

2) Erling G-P  thumbup2 thumbup2

3) Dimitar Dulichki  clap

Well done guy's and thanks to everyone who took part  thumbup1

Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 10:25:58 PM +0000 »

Dear Santa Claus this Christmas, please bring me some tires that don't melt in every race, please.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 10:27:42 PM +0000 »

lol , and I would like a faster car please 

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 11:34:32 PM +0000 »

Really sorry Clive for touching you in the fast chicane and made you flying to the moon race 1  Grin
I hadn't much choice there when you got a momentum  angel
Matt why you stopped  Huh

Thx for racing!

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 08:18:06 AM +0000 »

I stopped because these cars are just masochism for me. We had hardly begun the race and I was already all over the road
despite making what I thought was a safe stable setup, I could not face more laps, so left.
I really don't like these cars.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 09:46:13 AM +0000 »

I think I am with Matt as regards these cars

...'orrible little front wheel drive screamers that eat the rear tyres" lol. But, as the season comes to an end I was beginning to find some pace for the early laps, at least until the tyres dissolved!! Although strangely, I found that although I lost maybe 1-2 secs per lap when the tyres were badly worn, I found the car still quite controllable even if it was sliding around??

No worries about that touch Fulvio. The car's reaction was totally ridiculous, it was a small nudge that I would normally expect to correct with some opposite lock and a squirt of power. This time I was launched into hyperspace  Undecided Mars looks good at this time of year  Wink

Race 2
Again my start was terrible and I dropped to last place, but I was just about able to keep pace with the pack and even picked up a few places. Then I clipped a kerb just a little too hard and the car flipped up onto 2 wheels and despite some frantic twitching of the steering wheel, it rolled right over onto it's roof...race over.  Probably a fitting end to the race and the series for me  Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 01:41:45 PM +0000 »

and made you flying to the moon race 1  Grin

I saw that on my virtual mirror Cheesy

Once again apologies to Geoff for taking away his chance of winning Race 1. No excuses for what I've done there.

The race was quite interesting though. We had great chase and fight with Daz but that made my tires off really quickly and i had so much problems on the hairpin and on the chicane after that, so i made few semi slips that totally killed the tires.

Geoff catch us and went into P1 so i had to answer with attack before he goes far away. But the answer was wrong - i attacked him at the braking for the chicane after the straight. I knew i should brake earlier as this is not the place to overtake but somehow i stay with him, brake late and we collided. Daz was now in P1 and Geoff lost maybe clear win.

And at the end i made 3rd cut at the last chicane at the last lap and had to go down to P6.

Race 2 was easier for me. Geoff and Daz had to start from the back, so it was me against Coyote and Ziu mostly. I made a bad start this time and Erling overtake me. We started good battle with Ziu and soon i was able to overtake. Coyote made a slide mistake at  the chicane after the straight so i overtake him as well and took the lead. After that my goal was to keep the tires. I change my style of driving - now with less steering and allow the car to take the corners with minimal force from the tires. This worked great as i kept the tires and was able to drive consistent and the lap times were consistent as well.

At the end i had luck because there were battles behind me that gave me the opportunity to run away.

Congrats to Daz for the win in Race 1 and to Geoffers, Daz and Coyote for their podiums.

Big congrats to Geoff for the title and Erling for silver medal. I am very happy to finish in P3 and take the bronze Smiley

It was a great championship and i think the car was OK to drive but hard to setup and keep the tires. Maybe with different tires it will be good to all of us.

Race replay with camera and commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA7juQtx0wo

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 02:32:11 PM +0000 »

I am with Clive and Matt
As for the Renault 5 GT (too much grip overheating rubber and  a very small powerband ), I intend to have a look at it tyre- and engine wise, see what we can do.  There is also the rearwheel drive Renault 5 Turbo about, the one they did the pre F1 races with in the 80s. maybe we could look into that too.

I am not fast in any way so it may take a couple of weeks.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2020, 08:04:19 PM +0000 »

With 1st & 2nd in the Championship already decided, I could focus on just trying to have some enjoyable races - the results didn't really matter.

Qualified and stayed in 5th in race 1, being in an all too familiar bubble of my own, between the aliens & the rest of the field.  Then Ziu had an incident at the chicane, gifting me 4th.  Barely avoided his car and thought he had damaged it when he didn't close the gap afterwards. Replay shows it was a spin only, so maybe his tyres were even worse than mine. 

Late in the race, Dan crashed in the same place, just ahead of me and this time I couldn't avoid a collision, despite my best efforts. Sorry Dan, if that was what killed your car.  My own wasn't pretty, but at least I could still retain 4th, and was elevated to 3rd when DD got a penalty at the end.

With Daz & Geoff neutralized in race 2 qual, I could put myself 2 places further forward on the grid.  Nailed the start, stealing the lead and held it into lap 2. Got out of shape at the jump unfortunately and barely kept it together.  Lost momentum, helping DD catch up and pass. 

Some close battling with Daz the next laps, culminating in a bump sending me through the sand, but without losing positions.  He dropped back a couple of places, but I was now chased by the Ziu-Geoff-Daz trio!  Couldn't keep up with DD up front, but stretcthed the gap behind me, surprisingly enough.  At one point, they had all dropped from view and I thought an incident might have caught them all.  Can't see any in the replay though, so maybe their battling slowed them down - I shouldn't be able to outrun these guys...   

Eventually and inevitably though, a Daz coloured dot (re)appeared in my mirror, gradually growing bigger.  Another moment at the jump helped him past once he caught up.  Around lap 15, the left rear tyre was gone, and behind Geoffers was closing. Struggled desperately to stay ahead for the final few laps, without losing it in the corners. Held to the end, so I stayed on the podium.

Grats to Daz & Dimitar on their wins, and to Geoffers & Daz for their 2nds!

Grats also to Geoffers for the Championship win and DD for 3rd!!   clap clap

Find the car to be sweet driving on fresh tyres, but increasingly tricky once the rear(s) wear, especially in low wing setup.  Have tried in some of the last races to always have some power-on through curves, trying to prevent the rear from sliding, as this just compounds the problem by eating the tyres even faster.  Did work to some extend, but wear they do.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2020, 09:24:17 PM +0000 »

Result_Race 1

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2020, 09:35:53 AM +0000 »

Couple of interesting races.

Race 1, spent most of it chasing DD & Daz until mistakes from both of them put me into the lead with just a few laps left. Unfortunate collision with DD at the jump put us both off track & handed the win to Daz.

Race 2, made up a few places at the start & got into quite a hectic battle with Ziu for several laps which eventually resolved itself when he spun at the jump. Chased hard after Erling & Daz over the remainder of the race & just failed to catch Erling at the flag.

Congrats to Daz & DD on their victories.  clap clap

Happy to have won the championship although it may well have been very different had DD & Daz done the whole series. Undecided

I did quite enjoy driving this car although I agree that the physics of it are a little quirky & could benefit from an overhaul.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2020, 10:29:06 AM +0000 »

Thanks for both results Kurt  thumbup1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com