The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 11:25:09 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Touring Car Legends pack for AC  (Read 2162 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2019, 07:22:13 PM +0000 »

I honestly don't see how people struggle to understand IP so much, It's like dealing with the domestic Chinese markets here sometimes...
At the end of the day what Dave says goes so it's a waste of time arguing with me anyway.

Who’s arguing?, you made a flippant comment about the mod being ripped but then had no evidence to back it up. Should we just discount good mods on hearsay these days or because some trolls off RD bad mouth a mod?

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 06:24:43 AM +0000 »

A.  The 'trolls' are mostly will known and respected modders.
B. Show me where in that nice big readme the original authors of the car models get thanked and credited?
Modders generally make stuff for their own pleasure, the ONLY thing they care about normally is getting credit for their work. The credit on this mod stops at the last person to convert the models.
That's the equivalent of setting up at factory to build Porsche Macans under license, but buying the licence from Zotye (Google the Zotye SR9) because Porsche said no...

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2019, 09:56:08 AM +0000 »

okay, i wouldnt know who is a respected modder and who is just a gobby troll (as RD has plenty of them!) but will take your word for it.
The credits are all given on the lengthy mod thread on f1classic.

The point still remains that this car pack or the other couple of legends car packs he's made, that there is no evidence or actual claim from another company that its a ripped mod. We have used countless tracks from sites like acreboot (without knowing if it might be a ripped track) in the past. I think this mod is even running on a server in the kunos lobby so i'll race it there if its a problem here.
Its a free mod pack, hes not making money from it, its for peoples enjoyment, make your own choice.

Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2019, 10:57:30 AM +0000 »

Mark, totally agree, the majority never said anything above.

I hope you will program these mods very soon (GT classics, Proto, Trans Am, and TC ...) (besides nobody said anything about other mods bazza!)
MaxVeloce
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2019, 03:16:13 PM +0000 »

That's the equivalent of setting up at factory to build Porsche Macans under license, but buying the licence from Zotye (Google the Zotye SR9) because Porsche said no...

lol  those chinese really give zero fox
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2019, 04:16:41 PM +0000 »

i've seen that knockoff Macan, they are cheeky buggers arent they. Porsche were going to take them to the High court but were wary of losing their valuable export market so settled for telling them they cant sell it outside of China  Tongue
I think Land Rover did sue them over the range rover knockoff though, as it was identical  Grin

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2019, 06:09:25 PM +0000 »

Yup and also BMW sued them semi successfully over an X5 knockoff..

ACReboot was actually a very good example of how to mod stuff respectably when it started - their stated intention was to use abandoned mods, with the original owners permission wherever possible and to do them up to a near Kunos standard, removing them if an untraced owner turns up and says no.
A great example of this is Kyalami, I can't remember if they got hold of the author but they did try - and they did a really good job as they did on several other early projects.

Then for some reason they just starting blatantly ripping content from other games and sources (Bathurst-FM5 being the best example) - and funnily enough got chased around by lawyers until they shut the site down.

I've never understood why they moved to the latter when their early work was so good - and while a bit 'grey', was none the less pretty respectable while they stuck to their original principles.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2019, 09:31:43 AM +0000 »

There is also always the outstanding Nissan Primera BTCC mod for some retro BTCC racing.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2020, 12:56:17 PM +0000 »

TC pack review and test  Smiley
https://youtu.be/90aOqkFJqZM

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com