by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 01:55:34 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L20CvC Laguna Seca: January 13, 2020
January 13, 2020, 08:33:00 PM +0000 - Laguna Seca (1958-87) - UKGTL Season 20 Cobra -v- Corvette
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Shelby Cobra 289 (#63096) GTC-65 1 1:17.144
88.526mph
1 28:57.314
86.480mph
22 1:17.065
88.617mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby Cobra 289 (#63050) GTC-65 2 +0.978
87.418mph
2 +20.196
85.487mph
22 1:18.357
87.156mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Chevrolet Corvette (#900) GTC-65 4 +1.721
86.594mph
3 +34.479
84.797mph
22 1:18.596
86.891mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Shelby Cobra 289 (#63011) GTC-65 6 +2.047
86.238mph
4 +34.951
84.775mph
22 1:19.201
86.227mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Chevrolet Corvette (#888) GTC-65 5 +1.810
86.497mph
5 +50.254
84.049mph
22 1:18.878
86.580mph
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Chevrolet Corvette (#801) GTC-65 3 +1.612
86.714mph
6 +1:22.066
82.580mph
22 1:18.244
87.281mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Chevrolet Corvette (#821) GTC-65 8 +3.868
84.299mph
7 +1:22.824
82.545mph
22 1:19.229
86.196mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Chevrolet Corvette (#801) GTC-65 7 +2.700
85.532mph
+22L 0 ---
---
suspension
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Chevrolet Corvette (#858) GTC-65 9 +4.802
83.338mph
0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 20 Cobra -v- Corvette - Laguna Seca - Jan 13  (Read 852 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2019, 12:39:50 PM +0000 »

Championship Standings here

Grid/server capacity: 20

RACE ONE

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (10 mins) Drivers must not leave qualifying to change car make.
Race: 20:30 (22 laps)

Track: Laguna Seca '67 Download this

Cars allowed: Chevrolet Corvette (Standard GTL cars, GTC-65), Shelby Cobra Download this

Car restrictions: Drivers must swop makes between races.

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Mondays
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Don't be caught out by the green light. The light's seem to go red, red, red, red, green, bright green. Suggest drivers use start countdown to avoid jumping the start. Cuts will be off for this race.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 02:50:14 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 06:25:04 PM +0000 »

Can only do 1 race today.  Wife says so!  "Yes Mam"

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 10:27:41 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 10:32:41 AM +0000 »

And the farce continues..

For the record: I have not looked at Geoffers' setups for either car (Should be blatantly obvious from my driving..  Roll Eyes)

Race 1:
Stole the lead at the start - wonder if Geoffers is starting to regret his starting tips..  Wink  Kept him behind for a small number of laps, but of course he found a way past. Next accidentally hit the 'neutral' button on my wheel. Before I could comprehend why the car suddenly decellerated rapidly, both Dan & Matt sailed past. Thus put myself in a place where I once again had to battle Matt in a Corvette (sigh). Both of us got past Dan when he got stuck in the Corkscrew, and after several attempts, I got past Matt, to claw back 2nd.  Could just keep Clive at bay towards the end, by pushing hard.  Grats to Geoffers on the win & Clive for 3rd.

Race 2:
Could probably have stolen the lead here too, but screwed it up for myself by upshifting way too early, so Geoffers edged ahead. Ran wide at T1, letting Clive through. That was a mistake.. At the Cork screw, he drove so incomprehensible slow, that I nearly had to stop completely, getting a bump from the car behind. Almost as if he deliberately tried to provoke a mistake from me, although that would seem nonsensical. Huh  Whether he wanted it or not, he got one the next lap. Inexplicably slow again, and this time I accidently bumped him into a spin - apologies, but why so d..... slow? Rejoined last after waiting for him.  Made up a couple of places from others having moments, including Clive. Passed Kurt, and Tony kindly waved me past - thanks!. Up to 4th then, which got upgraded to 3rd, when Dan got stuck in the Corkscrew.

Towards the end, Clive was staging a comeback, gradually reeling me in - no more trouble at the Corkscrew it seemed. Had all but caught me, when he powersteered off, making it hard for himself again. Gifted him 3rd when I overshot at the now infamous Corkscrew, getting stuck on the embankment. He threw it away again however, by spinning off at the pit entrance. Quite unnecessary, as I would never have caught him.  Grats to Geoffers on yet another win, and Matt for 2nd.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 12:58:59 PM +0000 by Erling G-P » Logged
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 01:09:50 PM +0000 »

Grats to podiums and winners.
Race 1

The truth is that I had misread the post for Monday's race and I thought we were due to run the 55's at Greenway, which I had downloaded and tested offline during the afternoon, so when I discovered ( at the last moment!!) what was actually happening I d/loaded the Laguna Seca track and simply copied across the setups from Portland.
 In the few minutes of free practice I tried to make some sense of the abysmal Corvette setup and did find a adjustments that made the car a little more compliant. But the truth is that I had zero confidence going INTO the corkscrew as the front end refused to offer any reliable turn in. Going OUT of the corkscrew was a little better as long as I did not provoke any wheelspin. As the race progressed I began to find some consistency and had just enough rubber left in the final laps to worry Erling….a little. Roll Eyes

Race 2
Apologies for being so slow at the corkscrew Erling, I would never deliberately try and provoke an incident because as you say what would I gain from being nudged off? I was very aware that everyone was faster through that section than I was Huh

I used the Cobra setup from Portland that had worked well and it felt OK here too. But after driving the Corvette in race 1, I was too timid into the same corkscrew and also through T1. I just hooked a single decent lap ( on race fuel) to get me onto the second row of the grid which I hoped would allow me to follow the fast boys and "dial into" the race.
The nudge from Erling was just enough to unsettle my Cobra and spin me around, then we both had to wait for the field to pass before rejoining the fray.
Again it was a case of feeling my way into the Cobra and finding where I could go quicker...which took more laps and more mistakes than I would have liked!
Eventually I got my act together and nailed a couple of good laps, although still slow through the Corkscrew  Undecided and got close enough to Erling to apply some pressure. On the lap that Erling went wrong I had tried just a little too hard to clip an apex and bounced over one of those half tyres, which I suspect is what handed Erling the place back. My tyres were OK'ish and the previous lap I was very quick, but suddenly the car did not want to drive in a straight line and was extremely unstable under braking. Then I discovered that it did not like acceleration either!! and promptly screwed off into the desert just by the pit entry.
It was at this point that I quit, not because I was pi**ed off with losing a hard won position, but because the AI had taken control of my car!! and was insisting on taking me into the pits  Undecided

I had applied the changes to the Player file as per Tony's instructions in the race post ( and saved the amended file ) when I set up this series, but when I checked after the race it had reverted to the default?? I tried again, amended- saved- exit-reboot game and test only to discover that AI was still in control anywhere near the pitlane??
Tried again and this time, after saving I immediately re-opened the PLAYER file to see what was there. The lines that had just been edited were no longer visible as text and now showed as incomprehensible heiroglyphics. If I closed the file and rebooted the computer I got the legible PLAYER file back, but with the default settings???
Suggestions please ....................... Huh

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 01:42:51 PM +0000 »

Sorry to hear about your problems Clive - and the nudge; it just wasn't very much like you to be so hesitant in cars like these, so caught me out.   

It's been so long since I got my pit setup changed so that AI never has control, that I simply can't remember what I did.  Hopefully Tony or someone else can offer more help.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 02:19:53 PM +0000 »

@ Clive, try copying across a .plr file from another install and see if that works.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 07:20:23 PM +0000 »

Result_Race 1

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 12:48:21 PM +0000 »

Thanks for both results Kurt  thumbup1 , and sorry again for ending your race with my error  nono

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com