The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 04:55:16 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • ACC Spa: January 05, 2020
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC AC Competizione - Spa - Jan 5  (Read 1025 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2019, 09:21:36 PM +0000 »

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45  50mins

Cars allowed:
All gt3 spec cars

Track: Spa

Note to all users, our server is listed in the ACC lobby as SimRacingOrgUk so use that as your server search.

........UPDATED.....Time of Day Setting: 19:00 (start time) (time acceleration x18)
Weather: Dry
Start: Rolling - 2 by 2 formation by the time we reach last corner/sf straight
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
…….UPDATED......Pit-stops: 1 pitstop for x4 tyres

Server settings:-  Will be confirmed nearer the time

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 02:19:45 PM +0000 by SRW » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 09:30:04 PM +0000 »

We will be starting 2020 Sundays with an ACC race!

GT3's + Spa

Accelerated time - start in daylight, race through the night and finish in daylight!

More details will follow. ACC is still a steep learning curve for me so it will be a case of changing things as we go along

@picnic, when you get a chance could you look into the server settings we will need?
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 07:11:59 AM +0000 »

Shocked Shocked Shocked That rules out my Sundays....
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 09:37:48 AM +0000 »

@picnic, when you get a chance could you look into the server settings we will need?
I'll take a look, hopefully the documentation is less ambiguous about somethings compared with when I last looked.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 11:11:05 AM +0000 »

cool, i'll be up for this depending on how my personal circumstances pan out next few weeks. Otherwise i will be chomping at the bit for a race. Be good to use ACC again, not touched it for 2mths

MaxVeloce
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 12:30:06 PM +0000 »

The v1.2 patch landed yesterday and a bunch of people are claiming VR performance went up noticeably...  might be worth trying again

edit:   if you have a rift check this first https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/issues-in-vr-with-latest-oculus-rift-firmware-update-read-inside-for-workaround.61524/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 12:58:40 PM +0000 by MaxVeloce » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 01:11:55 PM +0000 »

Don't worry Bob, we will be running a mix of AC, ACC and RRE during the year  Smiley
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 03:18:35 PM +0000 »

thumbup2
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2019, 05:50:00 PM +0000 »

The first ever Sunday night ACC race this week!

@Picnic, are you able to get a practice server up and running? Are you still available for server duties on the night?
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 04:45:43 PM +0000 »

:(Just spent a couple of hours in VR, an improvement but still way below AC in terms of performance. Not impressed at all but may try Sundays race if feel like it.
ukrcnalex

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 10:33:24 PM +0000 »

I won't make this one Sad

I have ACC but I just cant get it to work right (since day of the release I'm having VR stutters with it).

I'll be exclusively AC for a long time it seems like.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 11:04:22 PM +0000 »

I won't make this one Sad

I have ACC but I just cant get it to work right (since day of the release I'm having VR stutters with it).

I'll be exclusively AC for a long time it seems like.

Whats wrong with using a monitor instead of a new fangled headset?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 08:28:56 AM +0000 »

I take it you haven't got one of these new fangled headsets? Tongue
Best way to explain is to ask if you'd be willing to wear an eye patch you couldn't see though over one eye for the entire race? Or during a real life trackday to give a more accurate representation Wink
And I say this while fully accepting that 1st gen VR has pretty rubbish resolution, and therefore picture quality too..

Monitors give absolutely no sense of distance or immersion any more, and even more critically you can't look where you want to - while I was working on the cameras and AI for Monaco I did a fair bit of driving with the monitor.
I couldn't find my lines or my braking/throttle points. It also makes it much harder to keep track of your opponents and/or forces you to use the virtual mirror, which is a full on immersion breaker for me.
I was rubbish and it wasn't fun.

As for this upcoming race I'm tempted to try ACC in VR again to see if it's do-able, but I accidentally broke my button box earlier in the week and ACC has a pretty high requirement for those controls.
I definitely won't be in the new V8 Vantage if I do though, that has to be one of the worst sounding cars I've ever heard Cheesy

Might take the V12 or a Porsche as I've not really driven them yet if I do appear.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 08:40:42 AM +0000 »

The biggest problem with me in VR is the mirrors, can see nothing until a car is right behind. Had one of these new fangled thingies for the last 4 years and find it hard to revert to a 24 inch monitor  Grin Grin. But if I can find a 128 core cpu and a 3080ti gpu  in the Jan sales things should improve...…….. thumbup2
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 11:12:18 AM +0000 »

I haven't tried VR in ACC for ages as I prefer seeing the stunning graphics via my triple monitors but will give it a try out.

i'll be selling my Rift VR headset fairly soon if anyone is interested in a bargain priced Oculus before I stick it on e-bay? Just ordered myself a new fangled Rift S as a xmas present to myself  Wink  Smiley

Am still hoping to race sunday night but I haven't done a single lap of any track over the xmas break  Cry  The Italians go back tomorrow so maybe I can get some 'me-time' before sundays race.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com