The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 09:18:07 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Ranked Servers  (Read 985 times)
frex

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2019, 09:51:27 AM +0000 »

If anyone fancies some multiplayer RaceRoom action over the Christmas period I can recommend these official servers for some good racing. It's an experiment and data collection exercise at the moment, but the standard of racing has been pretty good (mostly..) - way above normal public server standard!

They were password protected initially (although the password was easily found), but now seem to be open. Had some fantastic NSU races last night with 25+ car grids. There is also GT3, GT4, FR90, FJunior and others. Recommended!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 04:06:46 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the info on these Frex, just had a couple of NSU races, good fun. Should have won the first but made a silly mistake & finished 3rd then went off & broke the suspension in the second race. As you say mainly fair racing, haven't encountered anyone out to wreck yet although I expect some are lurking out there. Had around 15 racers on this afternoon, more on the GTR3 & Formula Junior.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 02:49:48 PM +0000 »

If anyone is twiddling their thumbs this afternoon & fancies a bit of racing, I will be going on the NSU Ranked server shortly, please come along & have some fun.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 03:14:42 PM +0000 »

Give me 10 minutes Geoff, I might be able to get on for a bit..
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 04:25:47 PM +0000 »

Shame your race didn't last too long Frex. Eventually finished 4th after going off track at Paddock & then unfortunately ramming someone at Druids which broke his car then getting hit by someone else which broke my suspension, didn't affect my finishing position though.

Did a GT3 race last night, couple of top 10 ranked drivers in it, god they are quick, 3-4s faster than me around Zolder!!!!!!
frex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 04:28:25 PM +0000 »

Yeah, ran over what seemed like a low kerb on the inside of Druids and broke my suspension second lap. Trying again at Falkenberg..
frex

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 05:04:38 PM +0000 »

Falkenberg was better, got Pole and fastest lap; finished P2 less than a tenth behind the winner. Race long super clean fight..
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 05:29:41 PM +0000 »

Yeah, ran over what seemed like a low kerb on the inside of Druids and broke my suspension second lap.

Yes it was those that broke my suspension too, seems very easy to break the suspension on the NSU after the recent damage model changes. Well done at Falkenberg, I didn't have enough time to fit in another race, may get on again later tonight.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 05:48:34 PM +0000 »

I am very tempted by the RaceRoom Wednesday Ranked Enduro next week, it features the Touring Classics & VW Scirocco at Brands Hatch GP track & is a 2hr race. Anyone else interested in this? I am not certain about taking part as it clashes with our GTL race here, at the moment I am 50/50 as to which to do.  Huh
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 06:03:35 PM +0000 »

I keep seeing the ranked server events both in Raceroom and ACC but never joined them. Though Raceroom I still seem to have issues with FFB in the official servers to gain the required experience points.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Chunky

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 07:01:55 PM +0000 »

i would have a go if you like

JP
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2021, 03:08:11 PM +0000 »

Anyone know how these Ranked Enduros work? As there are various levels, presumably you can join whichever one you want providing you have the required rank & reputation, or are you automatically put in the one which is relevant to your r&r.
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2021, 04:07:06 PM +0000 »

There's a fixed numbed of servers, you need to pick the one you want to join, first come first served.
Woodcote

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2021, 04:41:16 PM +0000 »

Anyone know how these Ranked Enduros work? As there are various levels, presumably you can join whichever one you want providing you have the required rank & reputation, or are you automatically put in the one which is relevant to your r&r.

A friend of mine did the GT1/GT2 at Imola on Wednesday - he mentioned there were three servers Bronze, Silver and Gold *(i think) and depending on rep and ranking you can join which ever you could get into given your own rep and ranking.
Once a server is full and goes to quali another opens with the same criteria so more can join that new one but still particiapte in the weekly enduro event of that given server level e.g bronze, silver, gold server
.... emphasis on the 'i think' bit... Smiley
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2021, 04:45:19 PM +0000 »

OK thanks guys. Not decided yet, but if I do race it will probably be in the Scirocco.

Just a shame it clashes with the GTL & AC events here.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com